Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Kinda New 22' 4BW Owner PNW

XTRMLN

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
224BW
I bought mine last year in July. I been checking out the forum a bit and finally got around to signing up. I had been shopping for quit a while and found a used one with 3400 miles on it. Got a great price on it and drove out to get it the day the original owner traded it in for his new BMW M8. Was pleasantly surprised that he had ceramic coated it and tinted it all the way around....even got lucky because he didn't have enough time to pull a nice amp out of it too. He had the whole trunk set up for some sort of crazy bass setup in it. He had only taken delivery in Febuary and car was pristine. Only thing I wanted that I didn't get was the M6 trans but in my area seems next to impossible to find. So far I did the JB4 on tapouts recomended 93octane setting, cold plugs and working on a custom cat back exhaust. I need more noise out of it! Want to do the down pipes and intake tapout has but I just can't pull the trigger on the remote tune (yet) to stay away from the CEL's. Anyways hello and thanks already for the great info on here.
Blackwing.jpg

Congrats and welcome. Looks like you got a real gem. Tell us more...impressions of the tune vs stock etc.

Thank you Hawk. As far as the piggy back tune….for me it seems well worth it. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to dyno it but hopefully soon. The fab shop I have working on a cat back exhaust at I’m hoping to get on their schedule to see where she is at. The butt dyno though has a noticeable increase in fun factor! It’s not huge but definitely noticeable. I haven’t really had a chance to really wring it out, as in my parts it seems to rain for about 5 months in the winter. It’s an extra car for me that doesn’t see much use so it’s not out much even when the skies clear up. But on the few time it’s been dry and warm enough to get some temp in the tires the gain is there! This is my first sort of performance type car. I have ridden motorcycles since I was 15 (now 50). And road raced at the local club level for a few years. Needless to say I’m a speed junky. My current bike has just under 200hp and only weighs about 450lbs. Always got my fix with bikes as to get the same performance in a car these days you probably need shell out a few hundred K. I’m a very wealthy man, just not in monetary terms. So the struggle will be what will be enough for me in the BW? I’m thinking like I said in origanal post DP’s, intake, maybe throttle body and full tune and stop there. I love the car as is though just need a bit more.

I feel you...particularly wrt the comment about being "wealthy" but it not necessarily being about money.

I'm not a biker (just the peddle kind) but have known people with fast bikes...and to them a fast car is almost just a yawner.

I'd like to pump up my BW a bit (nothing too extreme) but I'll wait a bit (warranty...but won't necessarily wait until the end). Virginia emissions rules and enforcement are also a real pain. Every 2 years I have to jump through hoops to get my GTI to pass and they set up smog sensors on on ramps randomly (got to be quick to let off throttle or even kill car altogether).

The 4 V BW performs acceptably well stock IMO....enough to keep (non speed bike guys) pretty happy...but I would like a little more at some point. Much of the special joy of this car is the ride and handling though...and its really on point.

Anyway, hope you get opportunity to drive it some more and to keep us up to date on the cars evolution and your impressions.

Thanks for the enlightening comments BTW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back