Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Seams and panel gaps and alignment issues?

PrimeTime

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
22-5BW
Anyone have any issues with seams, gaps or panel alignment issues on their 4 BW or 5BW? I not too happy with 2 areas in particular and they are just a little off in my opinion and I just can't get over it. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow for another matter and will discuss this with them. I'm wondering if anyone has already went thru this and the issues were correct by the dealer in a way that does NOT INCLUDE damage to painted surfaces ie; nuts , shims etc....I'm not sure if Im ready for anyone to start putting ratchets and shims and chipping factory painted surfaces in order to re-alignment to my taste at the dealer...Experience shared and/or advice is welcomed...What should I do? Thanks folks.

Attachments

• Main door.jpg
    Main door.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Rear door..jpg
    Rear door..jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 127
  • side shot..jpg
    side shot..jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 132
I see the main door photo can be annoying and maybe that could be fixed without chipping paint. Are the seals on the door lined up and seated properly?

The rear door photo looks fine but I take it that's a comparison to the main door?

With panel gaps, I think it's more important that they are even from top to bottom and no more than 5mm depending on the location.

As long as it's not rubbing and you don't hear wind noise and there are no leaks when you hit it with a pressure washer I'd leave it alone.

As of right now , seals appear to me to be sitting fine and there is no whistling in the car at speed. Haven't done a pressure washer test, that's an idea thanks.... Rinsed and hand washed car a few times and water intrusion is not an issue. It's just off enough to trigger my OCD.

I hear ya. they can wrap tape around the bolts when they break them loose it should minimize the paint chips.

I had to realign the RR door on my 5. Most people would have probably never noticed, but it was driving my OCD crazy. Gaps weren't too bad, but the door was slightly clocked CCW. Lower horizontal body line continuation from the front door was the most noticeable. The black around the window frame made that part less noticeable. There never were any sealing issues. Looks good now. I figured I could fix it, rather than having more hands all over the car.

OTOH, my paint looks pretty good. :)

I had to realign the RR door on my 5. Most people would have probably never noticed, but it was driving my OCD crazy. Gaps weren't too bad, but the door was slightly clocked CCW. Lower horizontal body line continuation from the front door was the most noticeable. The black around the window frame made that part less noticeable. There never were any sealing issues. Looks good now. I figured I could fix it, rather than having more hands all over the car.

OTOH, my paint looks pretty good. :)
Great info, thanks. I will take it up with the dealer tomorrow and see what their approach would be. Average Joe would not notice it at all. I'm also of the idea I don't want anyone turning wrenches and hands all over it just yet. Nothing is necessary right now to the extent really that its needed. You know, it's just one of those things we keep in the back of our minds all the time LOL! Thanks for the insight. Glad you sorted yours out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back