Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4VBW Alignment Issues

V56

Seasoned Member
So I purchased a new 2022 4V BW two weeks ago and when I initially drove it, it was pulling to the right and the steering wheel at 11 o'clock instead of straight at 12 o'clock. I had the dealer do a 4 wheel alignment (under warrant) and the before and after readings clearly showed that the Toe was off in the front, and after the adjustments everything is showing green color now in spec. It is definitely better but its still off and its still pulling to the right and am trying to figure out next steps on how to get it addressed and thinking although its now supposedly in spec and green on the alignment sheets, that perhaps the settings still need to be adjusted to get it spot on.

I thought I would solicit some input from the forum on anyone that has had 4V BW Alignment issues or have had alignments done at certain specs that you might recommend ? I do see a track alignment spec in the owners manual but not planning on tracking it yet, maybe it would correct the issue I am having right now. Just looking for all your feedback and experiences out here and what you might recommend.

thanks in advance !

I'd be curious if things change with rotation side to side of the tires/wheels. If the alignment is showing in spec, there might be an issue with the tires.

If the wheel isn't straight when they align it the machine will show all green and the wheel will still be cocked. The dealers alignment machine could also be out of calibration.

Do you have a picture of the printout you can post?

I should add that a buddy had his car track aligned at a local dealer twice and it still wore the front tires out in a couple thousand miles. He finally took it to a local race shop and the toe was way out of spec.

Here is my Before and After from the stealership..... Very interested in any commentary, I hesitate to take it back to them and trying to figure out a game plan. Its still pulling right and wheel not quite straight.

Attachments

• Alignment Before and after.jpg
    Alignment Before and after.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 72
By pulling right I assume you mean that if you take your hands off the wheel on a straight and level road the car will turn to the right?

The numbers on the sheet look ok. They do have a bit more LR toe in than RR but if anything I would expect that to cause the car to pull left.

I still think the machine is out of calibration. Here is the sheet from my buddy's car. The top value is where it was after he had the dealer do a track alignment. The front toe was 7x out of spec even though the dealer machine said it was fine.

253F28B8-46A6-403B-9CB0-267CC5B7E3E6.jpeg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners