Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Runflats - Are they on the Blackwing?

Jim2000

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-Blackwing
Do runflats come standard on any of the Blackwings? Did anyone have runflats as OEM tires? My salesman stated that my car has runflats and so did the window sticker. However, as I looked at the tire, it is labeled 4s and not 4s ZP. Therefore, I don't have runflats. Isn't it a bit odd that the window sticker states that I have them?

Do runflats come standard on any of the Blackwings? Did anyone have runflats as OEM tires? My salesman stated that my car has runflats and so did the window sticker. However, as I looked at the tire, it is labeled 4s and not 4s ZP. Therefore, I don't have runflats. Isn't it a bit odd that the window sticker states that I have them?
Search site for:

Run flat tires​

No, no, and no it doesn't say that anywhere (look closer when you read it again😉)

This has been gone over repeatedly. The tires are listed as “Stop-Flat” on the window sticker not as “Run-Flat”. Think about it. “Stop-Flat” means that you have to “Stop” when you get a flat. “Run-Flat” means that you can keep running when you get a flat. “Stop-Flat” is a confusing term for a conventional tire.

No, no, and no it doesn't say that anywhere (look closer when you read it again😉)
You are correct. The sticker says stop flats. I guess the confusion started when the salesman stated that I had runflats. I asked him about the tires because the car did not have an inflator kit in the trunk. They corrected this and ordered me one when I emphasized that the window sticker mentions the kit as being included. I guess this car was manufactured without one due to a shortage or the dealer took it out when it was delivered.

This is the first GM performance car I've owned since my '96 Corvette that did not come with run-flats. I'm displeased about that, but I understand the financial challenges involved for such a limited production car. Getting Michelin to spin up a specific ZP in the appropriate size along with the awesome grip these tires have would have been a money-loser for GM or Michelin.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back