Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Rear Diff Fluid

That could mean two different things. They share the same cooler, but independent fluid lines or they share the same fluid (highly unlikely).

Regarding the amount of fluid to replace does the FSM say to add a the specific amount or to fill until fluid flows from the top hole?
For the 5BW, I just filled until it started to overflow, then I re-opened the drain to pull some of the fluid from the bottom, capped, and topped off (that extra bit is just my OCD, not in instructions.)

I've never heard of the passenger's side fluid. I does not mean that I'm not wrong. Haven't heard about it in the Camaro world as well. Also, the fluid number that I used for the rear diff was 19418501. Different number for 5BW. I followed the owners manual and added 1.3 qt (not 1.6 as this doc indicate).
Hey, where did you wind up finding the actual part number for the rear axle fluid for 4BW? Dealer?

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 9.07.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 9.08.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 9.09.38 PM.png

Someone mentioned the oil cooler for the trans and diff are tied in together on the 5BW 6M. It would seem changing them at the same time would be ideal.

I have about 3800 mi on the original trans and diff oil and no track time on the horizon. Anyone want to chime in on when would be the best time to change both?

Someone mentioned the oil cooler for the trans and diff are tied in together on the 5BW 6M. It would seem changing them at the same time would be ideal.

I have about 3800 mi on the original trans and diff oil and no track time on the horizon. Anyone want to chime in on when would be the best time to change both?
The Oil, Trans and Diff cooler are all separate items. Obviously, the fluids do not mix. They are also in different locations in the vehicle.

I change oil and diff the 1st time at 1,500 miles. After that, it's per the Oil Life Monitor and for the eDiff it's per the manual which is after 24 track hours.

The Oil, Trans and Diff cooler are all separate items. Obviously, the fluids do not mix. They are also in different locations in the vehicle.

I change oil and diff the 1st time at 1,500 miles. After that, it's per the Oil Life Monitor and for the eDiff it's per the manual which is after 24 track hours.
I changed my engine oil around 500. I planned to change it again soon.

Someone mentioned the lines were linked, I'm assuming maybe they saw the lines near each other. I've seen trans and diff coolers stacked near each other with fans but to be honest this is my first car with a diff cooler. I would suspect the rear diff and trans coolant lines run up near the front bumper for optimum cooling.

When do you recommend the manual trans oil first be changed?

Last edited:
I changed my engine oil around 500. I planned to change it again soon.

Someone mentioned the lines were linked, I'm assuming maybe they saw the lines near each other. I've seen trans and diff coolers stacked near each other with fans but to be honest this is my first car with a diff cooler. I would suspect the rear diff and trans coolant lines run up near the front bumper for optimum cooling.

When do you recommend the manual trans oil first be changed?
If you aren't tracking, then 50,000 miles. If you are tracking, then once a year.

Reviving an old thread, but just confirming for a CT4 BW, the correct rear diff fluid is 19418501?

I'll probably change mine in a few weeks when I have some time off work just to give me something to do.

Reviving an old thread, but just confirming for a CT4 BW, the correct rear diff fluid is 19418501?

I'll probably change mine in a few weeks when I have some time off work just to give me something to do.
That’s what I used for my 4BW. No issues

What is the rear diff fluid change interval if you are not tracking the car? Spring Mountain instructors said rear diff fluid change at 7500 miles.

Manual says rear diff fluid change after 45k miles if not tracked??
Yeah, pretty typical but a lot of enthusiasts like to change out the fluid to to keep it nice in clean as the clutch material sludge builds up in there. It is easy to do but the fluid is pricey.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back