Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

No Manual Transmissions?.........

Motorin Mark

Seasoned Member
So I have been patiently waiting at 1100 since my mid-June order for CT5-BW manual. Today I received a call from my dealer advising me that the holdup on my build is my manual transmission, seems now that GM's supplier cannot supply any manual transmissions at this time and no time table in place. Anybody else heard this? If true, its very disheartening after waiting this long.....

I doubt that. The TR-6060 is is a LOT of vehicles. I haven't heard of any issues at TREMEC.

Well we do have a constraints tracker that would mention this and it hasn’t so….

I’m not sure if the veracity if that comment.

My dealer has two incoming cars (both auto) both sitting at 3000 since late august.

So I have been patiently waiting at 1100 since my mid-June order for CT5-BW manual. Today I received a call from my dealer advising me that the holdup on my build is my manual transmission, seems now that GM's supplier cannot supply any manual transmissions at this time and no time table in place. Anybody else heard this? If true, its very disheartening after waiting this long.....
Hopefully it's not a stall tactic by your dealer thinking you won't/can't look into this on your own.

I don't think so as we are both kinda in the same business.
find the constrains report.

It’s a dealer report and it shows no signs of issues with the tranny.

Hate to be that guy. And my dealer has two incoming cars at 3000 since august so the constraints we know for sure are the CF packages.

If the manual transmission issue is real well it’s not on the reports (which sucks for us)

Also my order is manual and was accepted not so long ago so…. Not sure how does that work.

So, I'm probably reading too much into this or reading it wrong but looking at the CT4 registry it seems only automatics have been built since early December. My order was TPW 12/13/21 status 3400, but no movement in the order since 12/22, ordered with the MT. My dealer told me on 12/22 that the "build process started on 12/10", no change since then. I wonder if there is something going on with MT6 supply? Again, I'm probably wrong or missed some simple info.

Yep, Just wondering what the hold-up(s) is or are? I work in the OE automotive industry and am a supplier to GM too. It should be at most 3-4 days for the build process generally once they have everything painted, etc. Could be wrong but it seems like something is going on. Maybe it's the whole semi-conductor thing? I know GM is still struggling with it but was an improving situation in November. It is what it is. I did not order the exterior CF stuff. CF interior parts could be an issue?

I asked my dealer to drop the CF package on my order. They said there is no need to do that now, but if an allocation comes up they’ll let me know if CF is a constraint and give me the option to drop it then. But nothing on the 6MT being a problem. That would take me out of getting a 5BW if they say no MTs right now.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back