Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Vehicle Transport for CT5-V BW

MAN2004

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
PLANNING TO BUY 2024 OR 2025 CT5-V
My car is being shipped today. The dealership just notified me that my car will be transported to Fort Lauderdale. Then, a driver driver will bring the car to my house which is about 60 miles North of Ft Lauderdale. This makes me pretty nervous and the mileage will not be accurate. Is this unusual?

If it were my car ,trailer would be in front of my house delivering car! I honestly don’t think I would let anybody. I didn’t know drive 60 miles. That’s crazy.

I have not heard of a dealer doing this. I wouldn't let anybody drive my car 60 miles. You know they will abuse it and it is likely the computer can record this abuse for denying warranty claims later. Go to the dealer and pick up the car.

The dealership is in Michigan, which would make it difficult to pick up last minute. Isn’t there a minimum mileage to consider the car new? And I’m sure they’re going to deliver it at night so that there would be virtually no way to do an accurate inspection not to mention there would be no way to document the mileage when it arrived in Fort Lauderdale.

The dealership just notified me that my car will be transported to Fort Lauderdale.
How about contacting the dealer in Michigan, find out exactly where in Fort Lauderdale it will be and then make arrangements to go pick it up yourself. 60 miles is a hop, skip and a jump.

How about contacting the dealer in Michigan, find out exactly where in Fort Lauderdale it will be and then make arrangements to go pick it up yourself. 60 miles is a hop, skip and a jump.
This. Especially if you're worried. 60 miles is half of a work drive for me so I'd be waiting to put some miles on my own car before I let someone else do it for me.

Why doesn't the transporter bring the car to your house? I had a car delivered from Southern California to Oregon and the transporter dropped it off at the end of my driveway in our residential street. What am I missing here? The vast majority of drivers will punish your car because they think no one will be the wiser, but the computer knows everything. And car manufacturers will do everything not to pay on a warranty claim, especially on a car like yours. This is far too much risk, just have a friend drive you to the place in Ft. Lauderdale if the transporter won't drop off your car at your house.

It's probably the selling dealer/transport company just going the extra (60) mile and bringing it to your door. Except they don't know we're a collection of nut jobs that don't want anyone driving our cars. I'm sure you would be doing them a favor by fetching it yourself.

My car is being shipped today. The dealership just notified me that my car will be transported to Fort Lauderdale. Then, a driver driver will bring the car to my house which is about 60 miles North of Ft Lauderdale. This makes me pretty nervous and the mileage will not be accurate. Is this unusual?
I’d insist on picking it up in Fort Lauderdale myself. Sounds unusual.

Too bad the car couldn't be put into "valet" mode remotely, thru the myCadillac app.

I’ve arranged to go pick it up. I agree it’s likely a VIP service as the salesperson told me late this afternoon. But, I know human nature! People abuse regular rental cars. Can you imagine getting paid to drive a brand new BW from Ft Lauderdale to Palm Beach. I’m sure the driver would love to see how fast the car goes on I95. And Ft Lauderdale is known for horrible traffic and driving. Google “Florida man drives brand new Cadillac…” Hahaha!

The car must be delivered to a dealer for the final prep and inspections as per the factory rules. I picked up my 2018 ZR2 Colorado off the showroom floor, when I bought it new. I picked it up at night and as I was driving home, I then looked at the odometer and noticed that it said 425 miles ! I hadn't looked at the odometer while checking out the car. Then I looked on the window sticker and saw that the car was originally delivered to a Buffalo, NY dealership. I'm guessing that the two dealerships did a vehicle swap.

1707521778239.png
Cadillac has discontinued the self parking mode. LOL !

Glad you're going to pick it up. I would NEVER allow them to drive it to my home. I got my BW in MI too. I flew to MI to watch it get on the enclosed truck to be brought to CA, and I was there when the truck arrived in CA to watch it be drove down the ramp. I also tracked it non-stop on the Caddy App during it's journey across country. It had 13mi on the odometer in MI & 13 miles when it arrived in CA.

And congrats on the new ride!!!

The dealer i bought mine from in Atlanta offered to have someone drive it up to me near DC (600-700 miles)...I told them no - I would fly in and pick it up to drive home myself - which is what I did. Had 8 miles on the odo when I picked it up...

Most car enthusiasts like BW owners would not like this type of arrangement, however there are a lot of luxury car owners that really do. The nice part is that as the customer, it really is your choice.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back