Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer racing new 5BW

0Vloc

Not sure if many of you saw this new YouTube vid:

It starts of as a comparison between the 5BW and a V3, but also shows the sales rep racing it against the V3 later in the vid. This is the vehicle: https://www.bigstarcadillac.com/inv...ing-rear-wheel-drive-sedan-1g6d25r66r0860212/

I wanted to let this go and thought I was overreacting, but I couldn't. If it was his personal vehicle, fine. But for many of us, we put in a lot of hard-earned money to own this special vehicle. It may be cheap to some people on here, but it wasn't for me - nicest car I have owned. It is upsetting to me that someone will end up getting this car without knowing what others did to it. It's a damn shame people think this is okay to do.

I have written a detailed email to the dealer's leadership and have also notified Cadillac Customer Assistance.

A sternly worded letter will be added to the dealers permanent record.
I’m hoping for a spanking 🍑.

I get it, unlikely anything will happen but it took only a few minutes of my time. Maybe that was a few minutes too many!

Yeah, that's crappy for sure. You can see the tachometer is still locked out. Shame on them. Good for you for looking out for future BW owner. I basically
told them they are POS in comments. BW abuse is not cool, not at all.

They also are full of shit. When going over BW interior, he said the "86" on the individualized steering wheel plaque stands for "86th edition". :ROFLMAO: Literally just making shit up.

Old man yells at clouds.

Is it stupid that the salesman doesn't know a thing about the number on the steering wheel or ignoring break in procedure? Yes

Will someone still buy it and will it still have warranty? Yes

Old man yells at clouds.

Is it stupid that the salesman doesn't know a thing about the number on the steering wheel or ignoring break in procedure? Yes

Will someone still buy it and will it still have warranty? Yes
I’m not that old, but thanks for your insight.

Not sure if many of you saw this new YouTube vid:

It starts of as a comparison between the 5BW and a V3, but also shows the sales rep racing it against the V3 later in the vid. This is the vehicle: https://www.bigstarcadillac.com/inv...ing-rear-wheel-drive-sedan-1g6d25r66r0860212/

I wanted to let this go and thought I was overreacting, but I couldn't. If it was his personal vehicle, fine. But for many of us, we put in a lot of hard-earned money to own this special vehicle. It may be cheap to some people on here, but it wasn't for me - nicest car I have owned. It is upsetting to me that someone will end up getting this car without knowing what others did to it. It's a damn shame people think this is okay to do.

I have written a detailed email to the dealer's leadership and have also notified Cadillac Customer Assistance.

To anyone just seeing this thread, don't watch the video. You'll be dumber after listening to those clowns, even for a little while.

I watched the video, fast forwarding in spots, and there's SO much to say, I just won't.....at all. I wouldn't even know where to start

Last edited:
I stopped it when he started telling us how to recognize a BW from a standard V. And I'll watch any BW content till the end!

I have found that 98% of all posted videos are a waste of time. I don't know why these people think that anyone cares about their opinion, I guess it's just the way things are these days, and if this bozo thinks it will help him sell a car, then that's fine.

As for the sternly worded letter, good for you, but it mostly makes you feel good. I did do something similar once, I was out to lunch with some friends, and I saw a guy dogging the crap out of some little Japanese car, bouncing it off of the rev limiter, and as he passed I noticed that it had dealer plates, as did the other cars going with him. I figured they were moving cars between lots... I called (this is before email was a thing) and spoke with the sales manager. I described the incident and the driver and he said, "yeah, I know who that was. I'll speak with him."

But really, these car salespeople, as a general rule, don't give a crap about any of that - they just want to move inventory.

My wife exhibits certain Karen reactions, usually when we are checking into a hotel or paying for an expensive meal. I used to be a letter writer, but after witnessing so many "can I speak to the manager on duty?" I just don't have the gumption to take on 3rd person bad behavior such as dealer reps driving like douches. Not that I accept things when they go to absolute shit, but getting lathered up over being on floor 5 vs 17 is just not on my radar..."find me in the lobby bar when you have it worked out babe".

Not directly related...but perhaps my most extreme case of direct intervention. Maybe 35 years ago I was waiting to board a plane where there were some delays and such and there was this one guy who was making a scene and was repeatedly pestering the airline folks at the counter....went on for a while. When we finally lined up to board this guy cut in the long line right in front of me. I was pissed...but didn't say anything and waited right up to when he was about to hand his ticket to the agent for boarding. I grabbed him by the shoulder and belt from behind and very forcefully lifted/pushed/threw him out of the line - leaving him and his bag sprawling on the ground. I then explained to the agent he had cut in. Well they were predisposed against him from his prior antics and a whole bunch of frustrated folks cheering behind me helped. They thanked me and sternly directed him to get to the back of the line. All very satisfying.

I'm also one who (at least used to...but not as much anymore) complain to managers and such about witnessed questionable behaviors. As a pedestrian Ive even kicked and dented at least 2 cars while wearing steel toed boots...once while riding/hanging on outside on a San Fransisco trolley late at night (and you can imagine how deserving they were)....I still do sometimes speak/act up...and I am a very principled person who frowns on bad behaviors and assholes doing as assholes do....it just seems rather pointless these days as little will ever change. I still do wish I had those steel toed boots! I've also put a sword through the hood of a car once after the driver hit me when i was on a bicycle. I used to bike pretty heavily armed in LA (sword, knuckle knife, poly whip stick etc)...particularly on my frequent late night rides through Hollywood back in the 1980s. Lessened my "encounters" considerably...

I was helping my 82 yr old aunt buy a car. I had negotiated through email and phone with sales rep and mgr and locked in a good price. I live in MN and she lives in FL so I couldn’t be there in person. When she went into the finance person which should been a simple process since she was paying 100 percent in cash. Well my mother who was with my aunt at the time told me to call her because aunt has been in the finance mgr office for an hr. I call her and the finance mgr sold my aunt $8500 worth of extended warranty and service stuff for a Honda HRV. Told me the suv needs oil changes every 6 month or 3000 miles. I completely lost it on her. Then called the head mgr. he said he would talk to her. Also called my buddy at auto nation. Who spoke with SVP of dealership and he said they can’t do anything about it. Each dealer even though own by auto nation can do what ever they want. Makes me sick people are willing to take advantage of old people.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back