Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My temp doesn't come up quickly

The_Ghost

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I live in Detroit and it's been in the mid to upper 40s overnight the last couple of weeks. I've noticed that my temp doesn't come up as quickly on this car as it has on my other cars. Is this normal? I can drive 4+miles before my temp is at 160F, which is about 7 minutes of runtime. This means I'll freeze this winter...LOL. I'm judging by street intersections as well. My other cars were all 160F by a certain intersection where my BW is only about 110F by that intersection. Don't drive it any different. And one of those cars was a hybrid 4xe Wrangler, so it had the hybrid system helping it. Just wondering if this is normal or if I should take it in to the dealer....

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure you are comparing coolant to coolant temperatures, and not coolant to oil temperatures? I don't know what the default settings are for the dashboard layout, but I have mine configured to show oil temperature in the left-side grid as coolant temperature is always shown. Oil temps will lag coolant temps at initial running.

1697903065279.png

This might be a dumb question, but are you sure you are comparing coolant to coolant temperatures, and not coolant to oil temperatures? I don't know what the default settings are for the dashboard layout, but I have mine configured to show oil temperature in the left-side grid as coolant temperature is always shown. Oil temps will lag coolant temps at initial running.

I appreciate it, but yes, I watch my coolant temp. It's a bad habit I have. I had to watch the oil temp on my 4xe because it would get stuck in oil refresh mode constantly. But yes, I watch the coolant, not the oil.

I've noticed the same thing with colder mornings recently, and actually added the coolant temperature tile to my dash to watch how slowly the car warms up. I've been assuming this is because the cooling system has much more thermal mass than I'm used to, since I'd expect the car to really struggle to warm up at all if it were something like a stuck thermostat instead.

I know from experience that your oil temp is supposed to get above 200F to evaporate any gasoline in your oil...and with a HPFP, it leaks fuel excessively into the oil during cold startup. And mine does not get above 192F.

Attachments

• 20231025_154449.jpg
    20231025_154449.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 42

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace