Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Metallic click at low speeds

Ungwei

Seasoned Member
I've been noticing a random metallic ticking that occurs at low speeds, regardless of wheel turn or bumps. Here's a video (also note the buzzing which I believe could be the heat shield resonating at certain rpms). Only other time I had something like this was when I had a rock caught under the brake shield when I had My GTI, but that was more of a squealing. Plan on checking the brakes, but any ideas?

I've been noticing a random metallic ticking that occurs at low speeds, regardless of wheel turn or bumps. Here's a video (also note the buzzing which I believe could be the heat shield resonating at certain rpms). Only other time I had something like this was when I had a rock caught under the brake shield when I had My GTI, but that was more of a squealing. Plan on checking the brakes, but any ideas?
View attachment 12230
It very well could be the pads rubbing on the rotors. it's subtle and I doubt it's something more serious like a hub or a wheel scraping.

Sorry bud your video is super loud in that garage. Can you please visit dealer and check your corners or record somewhere quiter. That sounds very loud and low frequency so something seems stuck or bent around wheels.

Floating rotors will click at low speeds, it’s really hard to hear anything in your video.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back