Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New CT 4 V BW arrived home yesterday...with me in it...

Roadhawk

2024 CT4 V BW Mid St Met MT
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT V 4 BW
Its here!

After a full day in LA on Tuesday I took the red-eye to Atlanta (2 hrs sleep perhaps)...picked up the car at the dealer and perhaps around 2ish local time started on my way home to N Virginia...with some mountain road diversions (including Tail of the Dragon....perhaps I can figure how to post some of the PDR at some point)...then up through Knoxville TN home....11 or so hours and approx 700 miles later its now sitting in my driveway (some pics to follow)...whew...and unfortunately I've caught a bit of a cold and after some much needed drams of Lagavulin am catching up on some sleep...

So impressions:

What a great car! In most ways its certainly the nicest car I've ever owned. I quickly got comfortable driving it even in fairly dense Atlanta and points northward traffic. The clutch and shifter are amazing - near perfect really, the chassis is incredible and this car really grips the road. I treated it pretty gently but still had fun on mountain roads even at low revs. I was able to push it a bit on about 1/2 of the Dragon after a little Mazda SUV finally pulled off in front of me. Again the cornering grip was/is impressive....though I certainly felt the weight. (I was pushing .8Gs plus in some of the tight turns)

It was also a great Interstate cruiser and a very comfortable one at that. Features & newfangled gizmos also impressive (will take me a while to figure it all out....this is our first new car in almost 15 years....)...but pretty intuitive so I'll manage eventually.... Once I was on the Interstate I checked out the AKG sound system and with some adjustments (more bass, mid and surround and slightly emphasizing rear speakers) it sounds very nice. First song I had to listen to was Taj Mahal "Chevrolet" turned up (if not familiar should check it out)....This is my first GM product and first American car I've ever purchased...

So yeah I like the car...and my eldest son (who got to drive it a bit yesterday) absolutely loves it. Still, as I feared - to me this is a big heavy car. It manages its weight and does so many things very well...but it will take me some time to fully get used to it and it may never be my first choice for running errands in town or such...we'll have to see. But I'm already anxious for some more road trips and have one up through New England to Vermont planned for early April (for eclipse watching).

As for the power....I can tell its got some...but I've hardly pushed it at all yet....a few truck passes on the Interstate and a bit of acceleration after a gas stop (all once rev limiter was off)...but no hard launches or super high speeds just yet (mid 90s isn't that fast is it?). Its beefy (strong and linear acceleration) for sure...and seems in the range of some of my other fast cars (Audi S4 and GTI...both big turbo modded etc)....so we'll withhold final judgement there. But I can already tell it will be good and it drives very nice all around. I'll certainly enjoy the car and hopefully, once the wife is back in town, she will too (I can see her perhaps driving this more daily than I maybe).. For me its way too quiet...but haven't really stomped on it yet....but it will please my wife in that regard...as will its general smoothness and competence.

So far I'm glad we picked it up.

In the drive...not the best pics but will have to do...

Attachments

• 20231130_133627.jpg
    20231130_133627.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 156
  • 20231130_140828.jpg
    20231130_140828.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 152
  • 20231130_140938.jpg
    20231130_140938.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 157
Thanks! happy happy!

PS - whats this registry thing you do on this forum all about?

Will do...

Awesome!! You finally got it! Happy for you and love the spec you chose.

Great write up.

Congrats! The color combo down to the brake color looks sharp!
Thanks...waiting on some bronze Apex wheels...back ordered until January. Meanwhile the black wheels have grown on me - look great with the Midnight Steel metallic paint. Apex wheels are quite a bit lighter though and will show the (blue) brakes off better. I will use the black wheels for my snow tires...once they come in...

Congrats.
Love the color combination.
Hope to see you around. If you go to cars and coffee at Katie’s, you may see my son in his electric blue.

Congrats.
Love the color combination.
Hope to see you around. If you go to cars and coffee at Katie’s, you may see my son in his electric blue.
LOL - not sure which one is Katies but various friends and neighbors who are car guys have been urging me to take my various autos to cars and coffee...mostly the Mustang but the Audi and BMW as well. Problem is I'm not really a morning person....so while I'd like to go and do it I never seem to muster up...but yeah Blackwing would also be appropriate to take I imagine...

I do have one funny story related to cars and coffee...this one was at the Wegmans out on rt 7 towards Leesburg. I was there (somewhat early for me) picking up sandwiches and stuff to take up to the vineyard I work with some friends and 2 Lambos are pulling out of the lot/parking garage the same time as I am - making a hell of a noise. Two turn lanes to go West on rt 7 and they are back to back in one and me - in my GTI - in the other. They're still gunning their engines etc....well I beat them off the ramp (I was at 120 at the end of the ramp!)...then I slowed to highway speeds as they blew past me after I took them pretty good...

Yup OK - Katie's would be the one I'd go to...just looked it up...I like driving the roads back that way...usually cruising in the Stang...but I imagine I may make some more spirited (but not crazy) runs in the BW. I'm pretty close...more over towards Herndon...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back