Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Loaded 4BWs don't make sense to me

Loaded 4BWs don't make sense to me either!​

Back on topic. :unsure:

fwiw i dont think most interpreted your comment the way some commentors are describing, i certainly did not and knew exactly what you meant
Some people may find it entertaining and get a good laugh out of it. And after all if forums weren’t entertaining there wouldn’t be as much of an audience.

Wednesday...Howard Johnson's all you can eat fried clams...yup those were the days...
I just remembered the ho-jo chocolate ice cream with the little chunks/pieces of ice in it.

I too, unsuccessfully looked for a lightly optioned northeast CT4BW and struck out. I found plenty of them loaded up with carbon fiber, sunroofs, wheel options, red seatbelts, data recorders, etc, driving the MSRP well over $80K. Some were discounted, some were not, one dealer website said there's .9% financing in addition to a $3000 incentive, but the Cadillac website says 3.9%, so I'm not sure of that either.

I too, unsuccessfully looked for a lightly optioned northeast CT4BW and struck out. I found plenty of them loaded up with carbon fiber, sunroofs, wheel options, red seatbelts, data recorders, etc, driving the MSRP well over $80K. Some were discounted, some were not, one dealer website said there's .9% financing in addition to a $3000 incentive, but the Cadillac website says 3.9%, so I'm not sure of that either.
holman in NJ had a velocity red $66k msrp car for weeks on their lot that they finally sold. i just didnt like that color.
my midnight steel car failed qc apparently and got sent back to the factory lol. that was a $65k car at gold also in nj
there was a $66k cybder yellow one in MA but that sold the day I called them
havent seen too many others to your point

I feel like I lucked out on my 22' 4VBW, it has everything except CF (didn't want that as it wouldn't survive one trip up my driveway), no sunroof (didn't want) and it's the A10 which I really wanted the M6. I had been shopping for almost a year and I bought it the day it was traded in for 63k with 2748 miles on it. It was only in service by the original owner for about 5months and he did a few things that really sharpened it up. Glad there are people out there with lots of money to go through cars like candy! Shopping and not being in a hurry I think was key for me. I like all the options it has and actually enjoy the A10 especially when I'm on the Hwy and have the ACC when traffic is dumb.

I went with a manual MX5 RF for now. Rowdy, noisy, but i’ve never had so much fun driving a car.
The most fun you can have on the street. 2,300lbs, tightly spaced slick shifting manual, 6th gear is 1:1. Top down, 50mph feels like 80mph. Just throw a sport exhaust on for $500 and wring it out to 7500rpm without risking license. When I grow tired of the 4BW I will be back in a Miata again. Enjoy it.

I bought my BW to do driving schools in now that I'm retired. An MX5 RF was my second choice. I drove one, and it was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I ultimately decided against it because I realized that I didn't want to have to deal with a 2 seater again now that I'm older (I owned a Corvette for 25+ years, so I'm speaking from experience, LOL).

I bought my BW to do driving schools in now that I'm retired. An MX5 RF was my second choice. I drove one, and it was more fun than a barrel of monkeys. I ultimately decided against it because I realized that I didn't want to have to deal with a 2 seater again now that I'm older (I owned a Corvette for 25+ years, so I'm speaking from experience, LOL).
I loved my MR2...would have liked a Caymen or Boxster...or even a Miata...considered all....but the wife insisted on a sedan or at least a car with usable back seats.

... this time read slowly so you don’t get confused...

LOL.

Anyway, as we are now back on topic, and I don't think I shared this particular data point before, here I go, over-sharing:

I have automotive A.D.D. I actually have a spreadsheet of all of the cars that I have owned (I didn't count motorcycles (about 10) but I did include the 3 pickup trucks) and the BW is #65. I keep these things for an average of 20 months.

Obviously I am not 130 years old, so it's safe to assume that I usually have more than one car at a time. I do not count the wife's cars (yes, she has two BMWs) and at one point I had 6 cars. Maybe 7.

And about half of the cars were purchased new, and from that I've learned that the options mean basically nothing when it comes time to trade it in. Sure, if you're selling it yourself, the options will help move it quicker and I remember trying to sell my Mini Cooper S (which I had ordered because I wanted cloth seats and no sunroof) and I must have gotten 5 calls on it, and everyone asked if it had a sunroof and when I said no, they said no. Ironic because the sunroof didn't move, it just tilted, and it had no sun shield, and it's hot here, so why would you want one? I ended up trading it, because the dealer didn't care.

They (dealers) do care if it is a stupid color, has base wheels or is a manual transmission on a car that usually doesn't (convertibles, usually) but they don't give a rip about your carbon fibers and your accessories and your modifications. In fact, the latter can hurt you.

So, yes, loaded CT4-V BW do not make any sense, in regards to resale. Otherwise, you know, life is short, you live once, and if that's what you want, then go for it!

Not only do "options" not matter overall, sometimes condition doesn't either. I've traded near mint cars and have been told average condition or above are looked at the same. As long as there's no dents or big dings or scratches, it doesn't matter. Heaven forbid you do have an issue (cracked windshield, thin tires, etc) they'll beat you up.

LOL.

Anyway, as we are now back on topic, and I don't think I shared this particular data point before, here I go, over-sharing:

I have automotive A.D.D. I actually have a spreadsheet of all of the cars that I have owned (I didn't count motorcycles (about 10) but I did include the 3 pickup trucks) and the BW is #65. I keep these things for an average of 20 months.

Obviously I am not 130 years old, so it's safe to assume that I usually have more than one car at a time. I do not count the wife's cars (yes, she has two BMWs) and at one point I had 6 cars. Maybe 7.

And about half of the cars were purchased new, and from that I've learned that the options mean basically nothing when it comes time to trade it in. Sure, if you're selling it yourself, the options will help move it quicker and I remember trying to sell my Mini Cooper S (which I had ordered because I wanted cloth seats and no sunroof) and I must have gotten 5 calls on it, and everyone asked if it had a sunroof and when I said no, they said no. Ironic because the sunroof didn't move, it just tilted, and it had no sun shield, and it's hot here, so why would you want one? I ended up trading it, because the dealer didn't care.

They (dealers) do care if it is a stupid color, has base wheels or is a manual transmission on a car that usually doesn't (convertibles, usually) but they don't give a rip about your carbon fibers and your accessories and your modifications. In fact, the latter can hurt you.

So, yes, loaded CT4-V BW do not make any sense, in regards to resale. Otherwise, you know, life is short, you live once, and if that's what you want, then go for it!
True, I would always buy the 1LT trim on my Corvettes to help with resale value. The 2LT/3LT trims were nice and all but you see 10 cents on the dollar for the extra option cost of them but I would always get back almost all the money on the 1LTs.

In the case of the 4BW, if they stop making these cars then depreciation may level off and maybe values rise a bit once interest rates start coming down. I think it all depends on what is planned next for GM. Now that GM is facing reality on the EV situation, we may see some next generation ICE based vehicles. Furthermore, since V8 engines are basically dead we will probably see more high powered 6 cylinder powertrains. For example, I see the new Charger will get a twin turbo I6 with north of 500hp.

Not only do "options" not matter overall, sometimes condition doesn't either. I've traded near mint cars and have been told average condition or above are looked at the same. As long as there's no dents or big dings or scratches, it doesn't matter. Heaven forbid you do have an issue (cracked windshield, thin tires, etc) they'll beat you up.
They don't even care about the interior and it's upkeep? Really, no point to wash it just drive it to dealer and bend over!

They don't even care about the interior and it's upkeep? Really, no point to wash it just drive it to dealer and bend over!
A lot of the places just use a computer and it check wholesale values from all the sales around the country. The days of real used car folks that know the vehicles, the options, and the market for potential buyers seems to the a thing of the past.

Last edited:
9/10 i get a trade in value over text message just from providing the vin # and current mileage. its never changed when I actually got there and they saw the car in person regardless of its options or condition or even mods.

Sometimes, if your car is really nice, you can get more. A lot depends on time of month/year and how bad they need/want to sell a unit.

Well, I just went to the Cadillac website to build my poverty spec 4BW. Final price $63,515. Of course there's no such vehicle available near me, so the website showed a couple other 4BWs that are closest to me (about 230 miles away). Those 2 cars have MSRP of $87,760 and $89,460. Lol. Huge difference.

Well, I just went to the Cadillac website to build my poverty spec 4BW. Final price $63,515. Of course there's no such vehicle available near me, so the website showed a couple other 4BWs that are closest to me (about 230 miles away). Those 2 cars have MSRP of $87,760 and $89,460. Lol. Huge difference.
Yeah, finding a 4BW with M6, base seats and just a couple options like exterior color, caliper paint, wheels and some red seat belts is not easy. Most cars a loaded up fairly well, with interior, PDR, sunroofs, etc. which pushes them quickly to the $70k+ range. Factor in the A10 and the price goes even higher. I got lucky when I found a base 4BW with only the Performance steering wheel, red calipers and red seat belts. $61,385 MSRP in 2022.

You can try to order one but that is a whole other discussion thread...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back