Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New to Forum and Potential Future BW Owner

Seacow

Hi all,

New member joining to learn more about potentially getting a CT4-V Blackwing. My other contenders are the G87 and F87 M2's, but the BW is my favorite right now. Especially if they bring the new Typhoon and/or Drift metallics to the 2025 4BW.

Currently I'm absorbing as much info as I can from existing threads. Biggest thing I've picked up is that my local dealers (Seattle area) are not great on markups and availability.

I think my biggest question at the moment is if I did want to order a new '25 4BW (assuming they do another year) what timing would be best? I realize there is no guarantee and from reading things have been all over for some folks, but it seems a bit more stable now? Basically though do I need to get on a waiting list for a 2025 ASAP or could I wait until this summer or even end of the year and still be able to get an order allocation?

Appreciate any advice and looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Welcome. My suggestion is that before you do anything else, find out if the dealer charges you MSRP or if the dealer adds money to the MSRP.

Some dealers add money to the MSRP. If your dealer does that, walk or run away. Do not do business with them. The add on can be $5,000 or more.

I don’t know where you are, but I got my CT5V BW from Sewell Cadillac in Dallas. They do not charge above MSRP.

There are several YouTube videos of 4BW and 5BWs having drag races against other high HP cars. The BWs hold there own against other high performance cars.

Select the options you want, carefully. For example, don’t get a sun roof unless you really want one. Same with the racing seats.

Options like that can add thousands to the price. Choose your options carefully.

Good luck. The BWs are great cars. You will love them.

Welcome. My suggestion is that before you do anything else, find out if the dealer charges you MSRP or if the dealer adds money to the MSRP.

Some dealers add money to the MSRP. If your dealer does that, walk or run away. Do not do business with them. The add on can be $5,000 or more.

I don’t know where you are, but I got my CT5V BW from Sewell Cadillac in Dallas. They do not charge above MSRP.

There are several YouTube videos of 4BW and 5BWs having drag races against other high HP cars. The BWs hold there own against other high performance cars.

Select the options you want, carefully. For example, don’t get a sun roof unless you really want one. Same with the racing seats.

Options like that can add thousands to the price. Choose your options carefully.

Good luck. The BWs are great cars. You will love them.
I will definitely be checking with the local dealers to see if they have relaxed their markups/add-ons. From reading through threads the Seattle area dealers were doing markups but seems like maybe not anymore. There is a new '24 4BW listed for MSRP at a local dealer so that's promising. Dunno how many allocations they get though so ordering one might be hard. But I'm totally down to travel to get the car I want. Did a 500mi trip just to get my current Focus ST!

I have no doubts about the BW performance and that the driving/transmission feel will be superior to the M2's I'm comparing it agains. It looks so great in all the reviews I've watched. Itching to check one out in person. I've already got a pretty solid idea of what options I want, definitely a no on the moonroof. I'm 6'7" and want all the headroom I can get.

I agree. If the dealer is tacking on ANY ridiculous mark up adjustment......tell them that you are making a "customer adjustment" and walk away. You can definitely find more 4BW's at MSRP (or less) .
Good luck on your hunt. These cars are awesome !

** I just saw that you are 6' 7" tall. You may want the sunroof and a pair of good goggles !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Six feet 7? I am thinking that the 4BW may be a little close. A 5BW might give you a little more room. I used to be 6’2”. Somewhere along the way, I’ve gotten an inch shorter. Probably all the years of driving airplanes. Or just being 85 years old.

I agree. If the dealer is tacking on ANY ridiculous mark up adjustment......tell them that you are making a "customer adjustment" and walk away. You can definitely find more 4BW's at MSRP (or less) .
Good luck on your hunt. These cars are awesome !

** I just saw that you are 6' 7" tall. You may want the sunroof and a pair of good goggles !

Attachments

• tall-william-engessor.png
    tall-william-engessor.png
    526.8 KB · Views: 17
Six feet 7? I am thinking that the 4BW may be a little close. A 5BW might give you a little more room. I used to be 6’2”. Somewhere along the way, I’ve gotten an inch shorter. Probably all the years of driving airplanes. Or just being 85 years old.
Sadly the 5BW is a bit too big and a bit too expensive for me.

Good news is the headroom listed in the spec sheet is the same as my Focus ST (38.3"), which gives a solid amount of clearance. But TBD if I can wear a helmet with that much room for track/autocross use. The M2's have about 40" of headroom which is insane, but as an overall package I like the 4BW so much more. I just don't know if that number on the 4BW is with a moonroof or without.

I would go without sunroof. Also I wouldn't count on a 2025 model...don't know but its possibly not going to happen.

I would go without sunroof. Also I wouldn't count on a 2025 model...don't know but its possibly not going to happen.
Yeah I know the 2025 is a question mark still. I would love to get one in those gorgeous new colors from the CT5-V, but if not then I can go for a used Electric Blue 4BW instead!

Also sidenote I am super jealous you had an '01 S4 Avant. A clean, manual Imola Yellow B5 S4 is one of my dream cars someday.

Yeah I know the 2025 is a question mark still. I would love to get one in those gorgeous new colors from the CT5-V, but if not then I can go for a used Electric Blue 4BW instead!

Also sidenote I am super jealous you had an '01 S4 Avant. A clean, manual Imola Yellow B5 S4 is one of my dream cars someday.
Audi was a beast....and as a wagon had great utility...I really miss it. What I don't miss is the reliability (or lack thereof). I did what I could to replace/upgrade known failure points...but it wasn't enough. My wife hated the car and all the money we spent on it. I always had upgrade plans that were put off because i was spending all my $$$ fixing stuff. As great as a car as it was to drive...It would be hard to recommend the car to anyone who isn't a mechanic able to deal with it.

Audi was a beast....and as a wagon had great utility...I really miss it. What I don't miss is the reliability (or lack thereof). I did what I could to replace/upgrade known failure points...but it wasn't enough. My wife hated the car and all the money we spent on it. I always had upgrade plans that were put off because i was spending all my $$$ fixing stuff. As great as a car as it was to drive...It would be hard to recommend the car to anyone who isn't a mechanic able to deal with it.
Ah yeah, I have heard reliability is nooooot great. Shame as they are gorgeous cars.

I am not denigrating the Corvettes. They are great cars and fun to drive. I had a 2005. The problem I had was, I thought it was noisy and getting in and out was difficult.

I think the 5BW is an improvement on both of those issues. And the 5BW performance is spectacular.

Hey,

Also in the Seattle area. Dealers here don't get a lot of allocation but they do get them. I waited about 5 months from placing an order and getting an allocation and that was with one person in front of me.

As for the markups I know some places have mandatory packages that turn out to not be so mandatory as you can negotiate for them not to be included tho they will definitely try.

As others mentioned you can get one out of state with ease if you are up for it. I wasn't in any rush so I was fine working locally.

Hey,

Also in the Seattle area. Dealers here don't get a lot of allocation but they do get them. I waited about 5 months from placing an order and getting an allocation and that was with one person in front of me.

As for the markups I know some places have mandatory packages that turn out to not be so mandatory as you can negotiate for them not to be included tho they will definitely try.

As others mentioned you can get one out of state with ease if you are up for it. I wasn't in any rush so I was fine working locally.
That's great context, thanks. One of the dealers is supposedly getting a 4BW without a moonroof soon and I may reach out to take a look so I can get a feel for the interior space at least. At that time I'll ask them about potentially placing an order as well.

Do you have any Seattle dealers or particular sales people you'd recommend working with?

That's great context, thanks. One of the dealers is supposedly getting a 4BW without a moonroof soon and I may reach out to take a look so I can get a feel for the interior space at least. At that time I'll ask them about potentially placing an order as well.

Do you have any Seattle dealers or particular sales people you'd recommend working with?
I worked with Brotherton and Cadillac of Bellevue. Both were fine but honestly nothing above and beyond from either and I wouldn't say it was painless so I don't have anyone I would specifically recommend.

I reached out to Brotherton first and at the time they had about 5 auto 4BWs on the lot they were trying to move so they were not taking orders.

I went to Bellevue next in person to see a ct4 to get an idea of the size and they happened to have just gotten a manual BW in. They pushed hard for me to buy that and as mentioned in my previous post waived the 10K Bellevue package requirement but ultimately I passed and put in an order since I was not in a hurry so I was willing to wait to get one specd the way I wanted. Telling them I was also trying to order with Brotherton definitely helped.

Brotherton eventually followed up on placing an order but I decided to keep mine with Bellevue since the wait times seem to be about the same.

Never bothered with Larson or Titus Will. Titus will had posted markups which put me off of them and Larson didn't seem to be getting an BWs so figured allocations would be slim but I could be wrong.

TLDR;
Brotherton and Bellevue are both fine but neither was spectacular to the point I would recommend one over the other or a specific sales person. I would work with both and let them know you are working with the other.

Btw I picked up my 4BW on Monday from Cadillac of Bellevue and Bellevue package was optional just like before.

They did absolutely low ball me on my trade in. Thankfully I at least had some competing offers to counter them with but they negotiated that around the tax savings price which was pretty shitty of them.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back