Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Windshield Replacement Woes (Don't be like Me)

Cadillac CT4-V model
I inherited a large crack/craze about a month ago. The chip repair didn't work out that well, so I went to order a full windshield through Safelite. There was about a 5-day lead time for an appointment for an aftermarket windshield and they said about 2-3 weeks for them to get an OEM one from the dealership. I'm hoping to get my OEM windshield next week ($50 deductible.)

My family owns a couple of auto body shops. We have a mobile autoglass company that comes to the shops to replace the windshields. They can usually get whatever we request OEM/or aftermarket, depending on what the customer wants to spend and or insurance will allow. Some SUV/tinted/heated rear tailgate glass can run in the thousands ! Alot of the aftermarket glass comes from South Africa. Most people don't care about the glass as long as it works. Very few people will a check a used car to see if all the glass is OEM.
***Just a detailing hint.....you can clean glass with quadruple zero steel wool very nicely. It doesn't scratch.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back