Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Loaded 4BWs don't make sense to me

RKS

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
We ordered a 4BW for around $70K. I'm still looking at national inventory to see if something close pops up but a lot of the M6s sitting on lots are $85K+. I understand that the CF packages are expensive but at that price-point; the 4BW isn't that great of a bargain. I would be looking or ordering a 5BW. I think some dealers are knocking off significant amounts from the 2023 4BW special editions but they still seem to be unsold.

Just wait for your flavor to be ready man. No need to be mad about the others lol. And no you’re not getting a 5bw for mid 80s.

Just wait for your flavor to be ready man. No need to be mad about the others lol. And no you’re not getting a 5bw for mid 80s.
I know there aren't 5BWs for $85K but at that price, I'd swing the additional $15K or so for one over buying a 4BW. Not mad, just an observation from looking at the 6M national inventory.

We ordered a 4BW for around $70K. I'm still looking at national inventory to see if something close pops up but a lot of the M6s sitting on lots are $85K+. I understand that the CF packages are expensive but at that price-point; the 4BW isn't that great of a bargain. I would be looking or ordering a 5BW. I think some dealers are knocking off significant amounts from the 2023 4BW special editions but they still seem to be unsold.
Yep, that is why these cars continue to sit...

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 9.49.13 PM.png

I find it comical that there is a $27k delta between these two cars. It would be one thing if these were real track packages with extra track hardware or something. Mechanically, they are the same car. You could buy 2nd car with that price delta.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 9.49.55 PM.png

Last edited:
Mine’s fully loaded for a 2022, MSRP was just under 80k

Was it a “great bargain”? No
Is a great bargain what I was looking for? Also no.
If you can afford it and you are happy with it then that is all that really matters.

Several 5BW MT for mid 80s and 90s now. They have miles on them but they're definitely available.

Reactions: RKS
Yep, that is why these cars continue to sit...

View attachment 23450

I find it comical that there is a $27k delta between these two cars. It would be one thing if these were real track packages with extra track hardware or something. Mechanically, they are the same car. You could buy 2nd car with that price delta.

View attachment 23451
yea this makes no sense and its why the special edition ones sit a lot longer on the lot
not knocking anyone for buying them but that population is smaller than the sub 70-75k buyer especially with the incentives that are being offered at the moment

Exactly why I ordered mine. I don't need it fully decked out, no HUD, PDR, sunroof, not a fan of the CF packages. My build is no frills and came out to a price way less than any that I see listed daily.

It would be one thing if these were real track packages with extra track hardware or something. Mechanically, they are the same car. You could buy 2nd car with that price delta.
Sure, but then you wouldn't have the cool stripes!

I get that GM wants to maximize sales and profits, and that's all fine and good, and for those folks that want a "50th anniversary!" decal package on their Corvette or a "Indy Pace Car!" banner on their Camaro, that's just great, for them. It ain't for me. And of course there are always the speculators who buy a car hoping that it will be rare and desirable and that they can sell it at Barrett-Jackson for half a million dollars in 15 years, only to find out that they would have been better off investing in Apple. But that's a different thread.

When you look at the Delta between the "regular" V-series car and the BW, it can be hard to justify the price difference for what is basically just a different engine. All of the other crap that they throw on has marginal cost for GM, and the engine isn't that expensive, right? So it all comes down to what you really want, and we have to throw the money consideration out the window and follow our heart. Otherwise, we'd all be driving Honda Civics.

Mine’s fully loaded for a 2022, MSRP was just under 80k
I got you beat, mine was $82K. 🤪

I didn't really want a 4BW, let alone a 5BW, but couldn't secure a non-Blackwing 5V, needed a car and in-stock pickings were slim when I got mine. I never seriously considered a 5BW, because I didn't need the bigger car, the bigger engine (I also have a C7 Z06) and the smaller fuel range.

When you look at the Delta between the "regular" V-series car and the BW, it can be hard to justify the price difference for what is basically just a different engine. All of the other crap that they throw on has marginal cost for GM, and the engine isn't that expensive, right? So it all comes down to what you really want, and we have to throw the money consideration out the window and follow our heart. Otherwise, we'd all be driving Honda Civics.
Isn’t there quite a bit more that’s different other than the engine between a V and a Blackwing? The entire drivetrain is different as I understand it, along with cooling, brakes, etc. You also can’t get a V in a MT. I don’t think this parallels what the OP was getting at, which is that you can get the same car mechanically for about $20K+ less if you are light with the options.

This is exactly why I picked up a lightly specced BW with an MSRP of $67K. I had to give up some things I wanted (upgraded seats, sunroof) but when I looked at the inventory of what was within a reasonable driving distance most cars were $75K +. I didn’t want to sit around and wait as nobody had an allocation, and being able to drive the car before buying was important which limited me. Ultimately I sacrificed some options to get what I felt is a much better value, and I’m very happy with this decision. The way I ordered the car was $70K, but got a good deal on a relatively cheap one on the lot so pulled the trigger.

Isn’t there quite a bit more that’s different other than the engine between a V and a Blackwing? The entire drivetrain is different as I understand it, along with cooling, brakes, etc. You also can’t get a V in a MT. I don’t think this parallels what the OP was getting at, which is that you can get the same car mechanically for about $20K+ less if you are light with the options.

Correct, very different cars.

- Engine - CT4-V houses a 2.7L dual-volute turbocharged I4 engine with 325 horsepower and 380 lb. -ft. of torque, while CT4-V Blackwing offers a 3.6L Twin-Turbo V6 with 472 horsepower and 445 lb. -ft.
- Tremec M6 option - No Lift Shift, Luk Twin Disc clutch or performance A10
- E-diff with Track Mode tuning
- Better braking with 6 piston Brembo front, 4 piston rear, larger calipers
- Sounds much better than the 4 cylinder turbo.
- Better Michelin PS4S tires in larger staggered setup
- You also get the sporty interior stuff like sport steering wheel with V-Mode button, upgraded seats, AKG stereo instead of Bose, much nicer gauges, etc.
- Plus all the exterior stuff you can option, wing, splitter, side skirts, etc.

There are pre-owned 5BW's out there for under $90K, so if you're looking at new 4's at about $85K, I think I know what I'd do. If you really shop around, there are some great deals on pre-owned 4BW's. If you want a "special edition" 4BW, there are a few of them at attractive prices too.

5BWs don't really make sense at 130k+ either. There has been a handful used ones in the 80-90k range. There are deals out there if you are looking.

Outside of the stickers there really isn't anything that makes these cars any more special. This was true over the years with Corvettes and Camaros and seems to be a profitable strategy for GM.

If GM cared about the enthusiasts and those seeking for special cars they would add more power, upgrade suspension/chassis components, CF roof, lightweight wheels or something along those lines.

I'll remind everyone about the entire interior that's different than the rest and the carbon fiber seat backs. Spend your money as you see fit. ;shrug

Plus these are 4s not 5s. You shouldn’t be paying sticker. You can make deals on the 4s because there isn’t as much of a shortage of them.

My interpretation of @RKS post...is that:
1. If a car were a 'on lot / NOT pre-sold' car, it is head scratching the LOAD-IT-UP mentality when the dealers placed the orders. I agree they would have been much better to LIGHTLY mix / match some options and they would be able to SELL them off the lot quickly. (And that applies to both the 4BW and 5BW.)
2. If you are ordering, absolutely build it as YOU see fit and enjoy.

My interpretation of @RKS post...is that:
1. If a car were a 'on lot / NOT pre-sold' car, it is head scratching the LOAD-IT-UP mentality when the dealers placed the orders. I agree they would have been much better to LIGHTLY mix / match some options and they would be able to SELL them off the lot quickly. (And that applies to both the 4BW and 5BW.)
2. If you are ordering, absolutely build it as YOU see fit and enjoy.
Agreed. I suspect given lead times, these dealers ordered loaded 4s under the 'You want them and only we can get them mentality of 2022!" The market has changed drastically since then due to interest rates.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back