Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Loaded 4BWs don't make sense to me

After nearly being homeless as a teenager and in my very early twenties, I’ll take mo money mo problems over no money still even mo problems. Money gives you and your family options. No money obviously decreases those options substantially.

I was on my own and poor in my early twenties. My friends (roommates) and I used to go to happy hours with enough money for one beer just so we could devour the food they put out. I agree having money and not having to live paycheck to paycheck is a wonderful thing. Looking back though I really wasn't unhappy back then. Life was a party. Absolutely no responsibilities!

I was on my own and poor in my early twenties. My friends (roommates) and I used to go to happy hours with enough money for one beer just so we could devour the food they put out. I agree having money and not having to live paycheck to paycheck is a wonderful thing. Looking back though I really wasn't unhappy back then. Life was a party. Absolutely no responsibilities!
I was only ever (relatively) poor when I was in college. Roommates and I knew all the nearby bars and hotels with happy hours (with free food) and such....also Wednesday Howard Johnson's all you can eat fried clams... yeah we did OK...but much better off since.

All you can eat fried clams? Ughhhh
Sure not the best....but being mildly allergic they could give me a little buzz...so tolerable..(then...now?...its been awhile...)

Getting buzzed off of eating fried clams sounds like a killer friday night.

Getting buzzed off of eating fried clams sounds like a killer friday night.
Wednesday...Howard Johnson's all you can eat fried clams...yup those were the days...

My childhood and early adult life was a fine lower middle class existence; never having excess but not wanting for the basics (and in 2024 America, myriad resources to shield anyone from "going to bed hungry"). I was fortunate to take advantage of a job opportunity that presented itself 24 years ago and have worked hard to elevate my level of financial comfort (and married an accountant, haha).

Money/wealth give you options and choices, but it's also a serious responsibility and exposes one to unusual vulnerabilities, perhaps inversely similar to those of limited wealth and resources. I'll take my spot all day long, but it’s not like wealth is 100% good and poor is 100% bad, it’s way more nuanced than that.
Well said, nuance is something that seems to be lost on a lot of people who see things as black and white and all or nothing. It’s one of the things that I see as a major factor in where we are today in the US.

Well said, nuance is something that seems to be lost on a lot of people who see things as black and white and all or nothing. It’s one of the things that I see as a major factor in where we are today in the US.
But literally no one will agree that managing wealth is, quoting you here, harder than being poor. That’s not nuance. That’s being totally tone deaf and ignorant of a huge group of the population.

Last edited:
Yup, that’s the real problem in the US today. People not being nuanced enough to know how hard it is to manage a portfolio.

If you want to be poor, you can do it and experience it if you really want to.

If you want to be poor, you can do it and experience it if you really want to.
People seem to think poor is being homeless, zero nuance there. And it seems for many English is a second language.

Don’t worry I will be soon enough the way the government is managing the country.

But literally no one will agree that managing wealth is, quoting you here, harder than being poor. That’s not nuance. That’s being totally tone deaf and ignorant of a huge group of the population.
Go back and read post 42 again, this time read slowly so you don’t get confused, paying attention to the last sentence “more management, more decisions, more stress.” This sentence is an expansion on the previous sentence where I never said harder, I said difficult. You take one sentence from a paragraph, misquote it, and don't take any context from the following sentence. Something I see far too often in MSM and from politicians. From my own experience from back in the day when I ate Stouffer's french bread pizza and Ramen soup I had far less management, less decisions, and less stress. That is my experience, yours obviously is much different.

Last edited:
People seem to think poor is being homeless, zero nuance there. And it seems for many English is a second language.

Don’t worry I will be soon enough the way the government is managing the country.
Gawd, nothing more fun/hypocritical than reading people constantly whining about money on a luxury car forum(s), where people own 100k plus toys. Rennlist was the worst for this.

What is your actual point to this line of thought? You are sorry you are successful because it is stressful to manage everything? Wish life was simpler and don’t know how to accomplish it? Let’s hug/figure this sh!$ out.

Gawd, nothing more fun/hypocritical than reading people constantly whining about money on a luxury car forum(s), where people own 100k plus toys. Rennlist was the worst for this.

What is your actual point to this line of thought? You are sorry you are successful because it is stressful to manage everything? Wish life was simpler and don’t know how to accomplish it? Let’s hug/figure this sh!$ out.
I made a passing musing, was taken out of context, and then followed a pile on. Now people think I said poor people and homeless (unhoused to be PC) got it easy. Talk about twisting words around. But, at least I'm not complaining for pages about auto insurance rates.

Last edited:
I think the point @rubberduck is making about "poor" might be more a reference to his life being simpler when he was 23 and just getting going. If that is his point, I couldn't agree more. Up until about my late 20's I had much less wealth, but it was such a fun and free time. Reading his posts for the last 18 months I'm certain he's not blind to reality and saying the a single mom with (3) jobs has it easier than he does.

Go back and read post 42 again, this time read slowly so you don’t get confused, paying attention to the last sentence “more management, more decisions, more stress.” This sentence is an expansion on the previous sentence where I never said harder, I said difficult. You take one sentence from a paragraph, misquote it, and don't take any context from the following sentence. Something I see far too often in MSM and from politicians. From my own experience from back in the day when I ate Stouffer's french bread pizza and Ramen soup I had far less management, less decisions, and less stress. That is my experience, yours obviously is much different.
Or, you know, you could just say you spoke incorrectly instead of justifying a an absolutely ridiculous opinion. You said it. It wasn’t taken out of context. None of what you just re-quoted clarifies, or changes what you said originally.

Last edited:
Or, you know, you could just say you spoke incorrectly instead of justifying a an absolutely ridiculous opinion. You said it. It wasn’t taken out of context. None of what you just re-quoted clarifies, or changes what you said originally.
Well apparently I need to be very careful about what I say here as there are a room full of cunning linguists.

What I said in #42, “What I have learned is having money makes for a much more difficult life than being poor. More management, more decisions, more stress.”

The edit for clarification and what I was trying to say in the first place. “What I have learned is having money makes for a much more intensive life than being of lower income; More management, more decisions, more stress.” Notice the use of a semicolon and the more explicit definition of income level.

Well apparently I need to be very careful about what I say here as there are a room full of cunning linguists.

What I said in #42, “What I have learned is having money makes for a much more difficult life than being poor. More management, more decisions, more stress.”

The edit for clarification and what I was trying to say in the first place. “What I have learned is having money makes for a much more intensive life than being of lower income; More management, more decisions, more stress.” Notice the use of a semicolon and the more explicit definition of income level.
I agree with what you are saying. You are not saying that poor people have it easier. Managing assets is time consuming and is stressful and I for one wish my life was simpler. However, one of the reasons I have to spend so much time on my assets is not only for my wife and I, but for my children and grandchildren.

fwiw i dont think most interpreted your comment the way some commentors are describing, i certainly did not and knew exactly what you meant

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back