Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Found a CT4-V Blackwing hope I made a good decision

I have car 86-026 which is a CT5-V Blackwing six-speed. It's a freaking blast. BUT, this thread is about a dude wondering if a 4BW A10 is a mistake especially when his wife will drive it 90% of the time and she doesn't appear to care for a manual. Plus, it's available now, at MSRP, and he and his wife are picking it up on Friday. The answer is:

HECK NO, it's not a mistake.

Any Blackwing is bada**. 4BW in auto or manual and 5BW in auto or manual. They are all very special cars. Leave the OP alone and stop trying to roll it out on an internet car board about 'what is better.' What is better is whatever YOU want to buy that works for your situation.

I didn’t just say it could smoke you in a drag or roll straight line race.. Beat you on a track, winding Road, anywhere you wanna go. I know the sticks are just a hoot in stop and go traffic, so much fun to drive, lol! I’ve had enough sticks for one lifetime. Enjoy yours!!!

Curious to why you’d buy such a high performance vehicle and not be interested in stepping on it a bit or racing it a bit? Doesn’t seem to make any sense. If it’s only all about a stick being so much fun to drive, you could buy a lot of cars for a lot less without all these extraordinary high-performance features. This car is meant to go! Weird choice in a vehicle for you.
wow...whats that about? I'm getting a 5BW, its a bigger shoe!
:)

I have car 86-026 which is a CT5-V Blackwing six-speed. It's a freaking blast. BUT, this thread is about a dude wondering if a 4BW A10 is a mistake especially when his wife will drive it 90% of the time and she doesn't appear to care for a manual. Plus, it's available now, at MSRP, and he and his wife are picking it up on Friday. The answer is:

HECK NO, it's not a mistake.

Any Blackwing is bada**. 4BW in auto or manual and 5BW in auto or manual. They are all very special cars. Leave the OP alone and stop trying to roll it out on an internet car board about 'what is better.' What is better is whatever YOU want to buy that works for your situation.
We buy it. because we can get it they way we want it. AND THAT'S PRETTY COOL! Well said...

We buy it. because we can get it they way we want it. AND THAT'S PRETTY COOL! Well said...
Those in line here are not part of the "belly button" or" !@@#$%^" syndrome. Not everyone has one (or will ever) have one. We are the Chosen! That said, now I need my key fob and car!!!! Built 04.27.22!
LOL! Should get a delivery date in a few days! 5BW on its way! Gotta figure out how to pay it now? Any ideas out there? Stay well all.

Curious to why you’d buy such a high performance vehicle and not be interested in stepping on it a bit or racing it a bit? Doesn’t seem to make any sense. If it’s only all about a stick being so much fun to drive, you could buy a lot of cars for a lot less without all these extraordinary high-performance features. This car is meant to go! Weird choice in a vehicle for you.
So funny. The same debate is going on at a Jeep forum. People that buy Jeeps and never take them off-road. I think it’s great, they are providing good used Jeeps down the road that aren’t thrashed and with cheesy lift kits, that someone can mod properly and rock crawl.

It’s true I don’t need a car that goes 200mph, oh well. My days of street racing are long over. But, there is a drag strip in my town I can go to. Now to figure out who’s tuning for more boost and 100 octane. Do y’all take the seats out when you go to the strip?

Translation: I can't drive stick. ;)
I can up shift and down shift without touching the clutch. That’s what 50 years of practice can do.
Within 5 years - knee surgery, one broken left arm, a smashed right shoulder, and various other limb injuries can cause you to rethink your options and go with an auto if you enjoy driving the car and not just looking at it.

So funny. The same debate is going on at a Jeep forum. People that buy Jeeps and never take them off-road. I think it’s great, they are providing good used Jeeps down the road that aren’t thrashed and with cheesy lift kits, that someone can mod properly and rock crawl.

It’s true I don’t need a car that goes 200mph, oh well. My days of street racing are long over. But, there is a drag strip in my town I can go to. Now to figure out who’s tuning for more boost and 100 octane. Do y’all take the seats out when you go to the strip?
lol! Tires may come off. Quick! Nice.

I can up shift and down shift without touching the clutch. That’s what 50 years of practice can do.
Within 5 years - knee surgery, one broken left arm, a smashed right shoulder, and various other limb injuries can cause you to rethink your options and go with an auto if you enjoy driving the car and not just looking at it.
I agree. And relate. thanks

A10 mistake, no way? If what you are looking for is collectible (true) collectible then shop one of those 120th Anniversary coming soon. That's the unicorn, these cars coming thru now 4's and 5's are in the same family almost exactly (and that's cool to me as well). If there aren't enough A10's out there, do they become collectible at some point down the road? Just thinking out loud. Thats a special tranny, and it bites hard on the track. Seamless. Fact is in my opine, these cars are all special in their own way and even more so to the folks that are gonna use, enjoy and drive them anytime regardless of whatever build was ordered.....no mistake in my opinion for what it's worth my friend, A10 is a solid tranny. Stay tuned, lots to come in the future for sure. Congratulations, enjoy.
Thanks looking forward to lots of fun miles with the car

I love watching a pissing contest!!! Definition of PISSING CONTEST

In the end we purchased the BW's we wanted and that's all that matters.. My wife would love to drive the 5 every once in awhile, BUT she cant drive a manual, so she gets on me every now and then for not getting an auto.. Oh well, I have not driven my 5 in 11 weeks so I think I will uncover her and take her out this weekend and row her gears!

I love watching a pissing contest!!! Definition of PISSING CONTEST

In the end we purchased the BW's we wanted and that's all that matters.. My wife would love to drive the 5 every once in awhile, BUT she cant drive a manual, so she gets on me every now and then for not getting an auto.. Oh well, I have not driven my 5 in 11 weeks so I think I will uncover her and take her out this weekend and row her gears!
Nice!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners