Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Kooks headers vs fabspeed downpipes

CT5-V Model

Bkost3

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 Ct 5 v blackwing
Hey all,

Looking for some feedback from anyone that has gone with kooks headers and Midpipe or fabspeed downpipes. With no full catback system available my immediate want is more sound. I also know I’ll quickly go down the tune and blower route so feedback on sound and performance gains is much appreciated.

I’ve been pondering this for a few weeks now. One thing I have recognized, is that the Fabspeed cats have a “no cel” guarantee, while I’m not sure the Kooks do.

I did see a guy on Facebook that installed the Kooks headers with green cats, and he did get a cel.

I would check out Tapouts website; they have a pretty good video of the 2 variants of Kooks setups on a 5BW.

I’ve been pondering this for a few weeks now. One thing I have recognized, is that the Fabspeed cats have a “no cel” guarantee, while I’m not sure the Kooks do.

I did see a guy on Facebook that installed the Kooks headers with green cats, and he did get a cel.

I would check out Tapouts website; they have a pretty good video of the 2 variants of Kooks setups on a 5BW.
Good to know, thanks. Ya I started a convo with the tap out guys about my build.

ARH headers.
Don't waste your money on "downpipes" or Fabspeed in general.

I 2nd the call to avoid Fabspeed. If they can’t understand there are no downpipes in the Blackwing 5, I probably don’t want to buy a product from them.

Highly suggest going with the high-flow cats, we developed them using our 3D laser scanner on our R&D vehicle so the fitment is 110% correct. Through testing, we designed a couple of variations to determine what would produce the highest power output without sacrificing sound, or emissions struggles.

The results speak for themselves!

1700500421225.png

1700500436715.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!