Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

I'm "OFFICIALLY" getting a CT4-V Blackwing as of today

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
Have been searching for months. Have had an order sitting with my local dealership not getting an allocation. Was lucky to see an instagram post last night from a dealership in California with basically my exact spec available. I'm so glad someone didn't take it before me. I put down the deposit this morning and should have it within a month or two. I am so excited!!!

Edit: I realize this probably, definitely, didn't need its own thread. But damn I'm ecstatic.

I see you're located in Texas. Just be sure to check those tax laws before you finalize that decision. Other than that, sounds exciting! I was lucky to stumble upon @1StunnaV post when I did because I was giving up hope

I see you're located in Texas. Just be sure to check those tax laws before you finalize that decision. Other than that, sounds exciting! I was lucky to stumble upon @1StunnaV post when I did because I was giving up hope

What do you mean by that? I mean, I know I will have to pay TX the sales tax. Is there something else?

Congrats! I’m in TX too and I purchased my ‘18 V from out of state. My only advice is to make sure you get a state inspection before you go to the DPS to pay the tax and register it. I didn’t do this and they sent me on my way to get an inspection after waiting for 90 mins to see an agent.

After I had the inspection done I had to wait again to see someone. I wasn’t happy.

First and last time I shopped a few cars in CA, 3 dealerships told me I was required to pay CA tax and that CA would not release any funds to TX. So I'd have to pay CA and TX sales tax. In theory if you show proof you already paid taxes on the car you shouldn't have to pay them again but I didn't want to risk it

Edit - I've bought out of state a few times, Michigan, Missouri and Georgia. California is the only place that said they would not remit payment to TX for taxes.

First and last time I shopped a few cars in CA, 3 dealerships told me I was required to pay CA tax and that CA would not release any funds to TX. So I'd have to pay CA and TX sales tax. In theory if you show proof you already paid taxes on the car you shouldn't have to pay them again but I didn't want to risk it

Edit - I've bought out of state a few times, Michigan, Missouri and Georgia. California is the only place that said they would not remit payment to TX for taxes.

Hmm. My guy sent me a quote and said “please note this does not include taxes since we do not collect the TX state tax”. So I think everything’s on the up and up. Good looking out though.

Hmm. My guy sent me a quote and said “please note this does not include taxes since we do not collect the TX state tax”. So I think everything’s on the up and up. Good looking out though.

Sales Taxes follow the location where the car is being registered, so you will be expected to register the car in Texas and pay the sales tax after you get it.

As for taxes buying from Cali, nothing make sense there. I’ve shipped many there, I know the drill but it’s the hardest state to work with.

I don’t know if they will charge you taxes as well, but if there was a state that would tax you twice, if would certainly be CA. However, I have a hard time believing you would have to pay sales tax twice. I imagine there are some local county fees and taxes you will have to pay.

What is your order?

Have been searching for months. Have had an order sitting with my local dealership not getting an allocation. Was lucky to see an instagram post last night from a dealership in California with basically my exact spec available. I'm so glad someone didn't take it before me. I put down the deposit this morning and should have it within a month or two. I am so excited!!!

Edit: I realize this probably, definitely, didn't need its own thread. But damn I'm ecstatic.
Infrared at SF Cadillac?

@OliveJuice .....OK....heads up. My understanding from talking to several different dealers in CA is.....you WILL pay CA sales tax NO MATTER where you live. Period. Only exception is IF you ship it home. And boy, you better have documentation. Also, watch out WHERE you buy it. CA sales tax can run up to almost 10%. I live in AZ, which has reciprocity with CA, so I got "credit" in AZ for the CA tax. I paid slightly higher CA tax than AZ tax (by 1/2%). I got NO money back. My guess is you WILL pay CA tax and then TX tax. That's one big nut.

Please, please ask the specific question of this dealer....do I pay CA tax? If the salesperson can't or won't answer directly, ask someone else at that dealer, perhaps the finance manager.

OP - screw Commifornia. Aside from some gorgeous scenery and no doubt some wonderful people, don't support that Anti-America state. Hit up 1StunnaV and see what he has coming, buy from Texas.

PS, no disrespect to any Cali fans, I live in Colorado and we are becoming Cali-Junior out here. It is utterly sad to see such beautiful states going down the crapper.

OP - screw Commifornia. Aside from some gorgeous scenery and no doubt some wonderful people, don't support that Anti-America state. Hit up 1StunnaV and see what he has coming, buy from Texas.

PS, no disrespect to any Cali fans, I live in Colorado and we are becoming Cali-Junior out here. It is utterly sad to see such beautiful states going down the crapper.

I have been searching for months and I’m very particular about what I want. I’m in it for the car, not the politics.

I am shipping it, but I will definitely ask! Thank you for the info.
You sound like you dodged a big bullet. Just make sure it's a "real shipper" with ICC numbers and paperwork. One dealer told me it's a pain in the butt with docs to prove it to CA DMV. Good luck and I get it. I was very particular too. You'll love the 4, it's a blast

I have been searching for months and I’m very particular about what I want. I’m in it for the car, not the politics.
Me too. And if you don't mind the double taxation, go for it. I could never do it on the principle, even if I could afford it.

I too wouldn't do double tax but if it'll be shipped I think that's the way around it.
Me too. And if you don't mind the double taxation, go for it. I could never do it on the principle, even if I could afford it.

Hopefully it all works out, we need more Blackwings in these Texas streets :beer

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back