Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Owner 22 CT5BW

dizz81

Seasoned Member
I'm excited to post this. Just picked up my (new to me) Infrared Tint Coat. I'd been lurking on the forums for a while, and it became my daily routine to consistently check out cars.com or autotempest.com for months. It all paid off when this beautifully specced CT5 dropped in Texas.

I flew in Friday but because of flight delays I didn't get to the dealership in time to give it a good look. So I cursed the airlines and checked into my hotel and anxiously waited for the next day. Needless to say, having never sat in one or driven one, I was a bit nervous about how I would feel when I sat in it and drove it. Having spent money on plane tickets and hotels, I wanted to make sure it was a great car.
INSANE is the word that comes to mind. THRILLING is the feeling I got. The first startup made me giggle, the feeling of the car and the stick shift shaking made me smile so hard. I won't lie, I babied it on the test drive. I went 3/4 throttle in 3rd at one point and in my head I was like "This shit is illegal, I just got 3 tickets" and that's when I knew I HAD to have it.

I signed the papers, shook hands, waited for the shop to "detail" the car (more on this) and I was off on the first leg of my trip back to California.

I didn't realize there was a trip counter so I could monitor how much fuel I used or I would have started it when I left.

On a side note, the dealership experience was great while I was there. But while customizing the car before I set off on my journey I talked to them about having the rear tire checked because it was losing air and had lost 10psi just from me sitting there. They took it out back and came back saying the tire was fine and I was good to go. I only made it 45 minutes into my drive when the tire indicator warning me about my tire being low. The dealership told me to hit up a tire shop and have them check it out and send them the bill if something is wrong.
I stopped at Discount Tire and they pulled the tire off and found that when the dealership ripped the bead on the tire when they installed it (they replaced all 4 tires which I'm VERY thankful for).
Discount tire managed to seal the tire best they could and thankfully I made the whole drive with it. The dealership has said they will pay for the replacement so kudos to them.

Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and the dealership covering down and making things right.

1445 miles
Started off at 21mpg and finished at around 27/28 mpg and seems like the entire trip I avg 22mpg. I can't complain.

The good:
The car rides like a dream, I'm impressed. I know people talk about the suspension and how good it feels but I was thinking "It's a sports car so it'll be a bit harsh for sure" and I'm glad that's not the case.
Power is insane, I had to adjust my mindset when passing people or looking for open spots to merge. I had to keep reminding myself "You have almost 700hp, you can make that gap" lol
The sound system is amazing. I still have to make some adjustments to refine it a bit but it made the drive back that much easier.
The exhaust sound on and especially on startup. I can't count how many times I started this car up and had every head turn and look in my direction like "wtf is that" lol. Made me smile every time.

The bad:
Road noise on crappy roads was insane. I expected some noise sure, but damn. If the road an any type of imperfections it was damn loud. Thank god the sound system is great.
RATTLES. OMG. The entire trip back there are two rattles happening and I couldn't figure out where or what was causing them. I have one somewhere behind the driver seat, either in the door or roof or back behind the rear seats. Also, one in the passenger door or dash area. Definitely going to be taking it to the dealer to figure out if they can fix it.

Honestly can't complain about much of anything else. At the top of my list for "my favorite driving car" is my E92 M3 I had. After my 1445 mile trip back from Texas, this may just have taken the crown.

I'm just glad I don't have to lurk on the forums anymore. I can say I'm a proud owner and this car isn't going anywhere. EVER.

Attachments

• 20240217_204844.jpg
    20240217_204844.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • 20240218_115916.jpg
    20240218_115916.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240219_084444.jpg
    20240219_084444.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240219_085548.jpg
    20240219_085548.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot 2024-02-19 100033.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-19 100033.png
    766 KB · Views: 46
Congratulations!!! I still giggle sometimes when I start mine up. That will be happening again in a couple of months when I take it out of storage for the warm weather. This car gives me nothing but smiles!

1445 miles of pure bliss! Surprised you just didn't drive the car back to the dealer to get your tire replaced....just to do the run again. I'm also surprised by the (very respectable0 gas mileage...I can hardly seem to break 20 in my 4 v BW...but haven't done any long highway cruises since I picked it up.

Sorry about the noises...but you should try driving in my GTI sometime....luckily the engine drowns most of it out (at least for me). Hopefully some can be fixed and the rest you'll get used to. If the tires are run flats (or snow/winter replacing them with non run flats should help (I'm not a fan of run flats)

1445 miles of pure bliss! Surprised you just didn't drive the car back to the dealer to get your tire replaced....just to do the run again. I'm also surprised by the (very respectable0 gas mileage...I can hardly seem to break 20 in my 4 v BW...but haven't done any long highway cruises since I picked it up.

Sorry about the noises...but you should try driving in my GTI sometime....luckily the engine drowns most of it out (at least for me). Hopefully some can be fixed and the rest you'll get used to. If the tires are run flats (or snow/winter replacing them with non run flats should help (I'm not a fan of run flats)
With all the issues I had with my bank and them taking their time with "detailing" the car I was 4hrs behind starting my trip back. I didn't get to my hotel in El Paso until almost 1am. The dealership also had to order the tires so I'm pretty sure they didn't have another to swap in there.

Congratulations @dizz81
Love the infared tintcoat.
Being a 2022, was this a new or used car?
Just curious.
Enjoy!

You put 1500 miles on your ride home ! I have 4000 miles on mine in 2 years. I was thinking about taking mine from NY to Miami and I really don't want to put 3000 miles round trip on it in one week ! I bought a car that I love to drive and don't want to drive it ! Good thing I have my Dodge Challenger R/T and my classic 67' Caddy convertible to take up my urges.

You put 1500 miles on your ride home ! I have 4000 miles on mine in 2 years. I was thinking about taking mine from NY to Miami and I really don't want to put 3000 miles round trip on it in one week ! I bought a car that I love to drive and don't want to drive it ! Good thing I have my Dodge Challenger R/T and my classic 67' Caddy convertible to take up my urges.
I couldn't do the delivery, just didn't feel right. That 1500 miles gave me a chance to get familiar with the car and enjoy every minute with it. I just had to drive it.

The day I picked up my ride, it had a full tank of gas. I drove it home along a straight beach road and was shocked to see that it ate 1/8th of a tank of gas in 30 miles ! That's when I knew what I had on my hands.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back