Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

If you are on the fence about PPF

Mbar

Seasoned Member
If you are on the fence about PPF, here's a little story for you: I was on the fence as well. Got my 4BW last week and right away did a ceramic coat. wasn't sure about PPF.
This morning on the highway, a landscaping truck in front of me, dumped hundreds of rocks and pebbles all over....with only 400 miles I now have numerous chips all over the front of the car. It might not happen to you....but it happened to me 😢 ....and now to finding touch up paint....
Happy New Year and be safe.

Last edited:
PPF should always be done first instead of ceramic. Ceramic does nothing to prevent chips and scratches. I wish people understood this better. I feel your pain though. That happened to me once. I had just bought my 19 Camaro SS in satin steel and just left the dealership and same thing. A damn dump truck lost its cover and rocks went off my hood. I was so mad! Always do PPF first

Note to self, don’t get behind any trucks… and if you are forced, slow down to get someone else in between. That or fly past them 😄

Note to self, don’t get behind any trucks… and if you are forced, slow down to get someone else in between. That or fly past them 😄
Easy for me to say after the fact and of course circumstances dont always allow for it, but this may be my number 1 focus when I'm in the bw. I'll stop on the damn freeway if I have to in order to put some distance between me and the trucks.

So first ten clear bra then the ceramic coating

If you are on the fence about PPF, here's a little story for you: I was on the fence as well. Got my 4BW last week and right away did a ceramic coat. wasn't sure about PPF.
This morning on the highway, a landscaping truck in front of me, dumped hundreds of rocks and pebbles all over....with only 400 miles I now have numerous chips all over the front of the car. It might not happen to you....but it happened to me 😢 ....and now to finding touch up paint....
Happy New Year and be safe.
If it's any consolation, PPF still chips (with good rock hits).
I had Full Xpel, on a past car, which is why I'm more on the fence about it now.
Although, I for sure want to PPF the Windshield & HeadLights.

Uncovered Gravel Trucks, especially those flying in the #2 Lane, should be banned.

That really sucks and wish those trucks could be held accountable

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners