Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Opinions on PPF options

I ended up going with the original place that I found close to me. I dropped it off on Friday and they start tomorrow. I started off planning on the full front PPF but then considered the rockers, behind the rear wheels and the A Pillar. Every additional area added a little more to where it was close in price to doing the entire car, so I just went for it. They will put XPEL Ultimate Fusion PPF everywhere except the front bumper where they will do XPEL Ultimate Plus 10 (with ceramic coating). They are also ceramic coating the wheels and calipers. It's probably overkill but I had trouble deciding where to draw the line and just decided I would feel better with everything protected.

They charged me $800 to powder coat to gloss black and then the shop threw in a 3 year ceramic coat since I had the entire car PPF with the ceramic coat. My car is one of the Elevation Edition and the rims were Satin Graphite finish

Any issues/regrets? I was thinking maybe the brake dust would be more noticeable, or road debris causing chips easily etc

Last edited:
No regrets at all. With the coating, I think that helps keeps them clean"er"...but I was the vehicle once a week...so not really noticeable. But full disclosure...I only have 580 miles on the car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back