Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

What the...

Dubbed.theB

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
"Enhanced" '23 CT4-V BW
What hit my windshield?
So I was driving back from getting my groceries when something hit my windshield... I was racking my brain trying to figure out where it came from before I got home and watched the video. I wasn't driving behind anyone and there were no cars coming the other direction at that time.
I watched the video like a hundred times and I can't tell what it was that seemingly came from the side of the road and curved back to hit my windshield... The camera quality isn't great on the PDR, so it's a bit blurry, but there were multiple "chunks" that came from behind the fence on the right side in the video. I feel like it had to be something nefarious and not something that just happened to hit my car out of pure bad luck. I literally got this windshield a week ago after waiting 7 months!
Here is the part of the video where it happens... If you concentrate on the fence on the right, it comes out near the second to last pillar and seemingly shoots out in to the road and curves back and hits my car. (Warning: video is about 50mb)

And here I slowed it down to 1/10th speed...

A shot of some of the "debris"
1693197976389.png

Needless to say, I am not very happy right now.

Last edited:
A better shot of the piece that hit the windshield...

What hit my windshield?
So I was driving back from getting my groceries when something hit my windshield... I was racking my brain trying to figure out where it came from before I got home and watched the video. I wasn't driving behind anyone and there were no cars coming the other direction at that time.
I watched the video like a hundred times and I can't tell what it was that seemingly came from the side of the road and curved back to hit my windshield... The camera quality isn't great on the PDR, so it's a bit blurry, but there were multiple "chunks" that came from behind the fence on the right side in the video. I feel like it had to be something nefarious and not something that just happened to hit my car out of pure bad luck. I literally got this windshield a week ago after waiting 7 months!
Here is the part of the video where it happens... If you concentrate on the fence on the right, it comes out near the second to last pillar and seemingly shoots out in to the road and curves back and hits my car. (Warning: video is about 50mb)
View attachment 21332
And here I slowed it down to 1/10th speed...
View attachment 21333
A shot of some of the "debris"
View attachment 21334
Needless to say, I am not very happy right now.
Came from under the bridge like a boomerang and turned right at your windshield. Almost looks like skeet shooting.

Was it a "dirt devil" that wasn't too visible because it was over the pavement and not dirt? There seems to be a lot of little dark objects also swirling too. So maybe just some piece of trash the wind was able to pick up and swirl around? Almost looks like a strip of plastic which is why it was loud but not damaging. You know you are a marked man with a new windshield. Everything will be going after it for a while.

Any damage?
Yeah, unfortunately... My brand new windshield has a (very fine) spider web shaped crack in it right where the passenger would be looking out... Thankfully I don't see any damage to the car itself.

it was white and I was thinking maybe a golf ball but I think that would have done a lot more damage.

Was it a "dirt devil" that wasn't too visible because it was over the pavement and not dirt? There seems to be a lot of little dark objects also swirling too.
Could have been with all the debris and the fact that it curved back. I'll just chalk it up to bad luck...

First, sucks after waiting so long for your replacement.
Looked like an arrow coming out of the tree and bouncing off the fence, then some how being carried back (wind gust??) towards your windshield. Maybe it’s the frame speed making the object look longer…

Wow, that sucks. It looks to me like an arrow that deflected off the bridge and partially broke. It was moving way too fast to just be debris that was picked up by the wind.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back