Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

For the sake of resale value I hope this is a mistake

This was a client of mine. He scooped up a leftover 22 (apparently the one posted in the OP) about a month ago and did very well. I was able to get my Raven Black 6MT for only 6k under MSRP. Unfortunately, my heart was set on a manual.

$20,000 off MSRP would be enough for most to reconsider though. lol

I do agree, dealerships were absolutely loving life during and after the pandemic.

$6k off was a pretty typical discount before the pandemic. Around 10%. Once they sit long enough or GM starts doing the end of year incentives you see 15-20%.

It looks like this dealer discounted it about 20% on their end but if it is the white car I posted above, they had over $5k in dealer added accessories, which don't cost them nearly that much. $4k was a rebate from GM. Then you have to figure in what they bought his trade for to see if they made up for some of the loss. The buyers order also shows he financed $60k, which is some more profit for them if they provided the financing. Lastly, it is a 2 year old car at this point, so figure about a $10k drop just for depreciation.

$6k off was a pretty typical discount before the pandemic. Around 10%. Once they sit long enough or GM starts doing the end of year incentives you see 15-20%.

It looks like this dealer discounted it about 20% on their end but if it is the white car I posted above, they had over $5k in dealer added accessories, which don't cost them nearly that much. $4k was a rebate from GM. Then you have to figure in what they bought his trade for to see if they made up for some of the loss. The buyers order also shows he financed $60k, which is some more profit for them if they provided the financing. Lastly, it is a 2 year old car at this point, so figure about a $10k drop just for depreciation.
I own and operate a detail shop and the client had me perform a new car prep package including some light polishing and a ceramic coating on it.

The car was absolutely loaded and also included a "blackout package" which included a bunch of black badging etc.

Oh yeah, the dealership did what they had to do to move the car and I'm sure didn't "lose" on the deal but from a purchasers side, he did pretty good for a new, never titled vehicle, even if it is a 22.

Good question. I'm not entirely sure. He was trading in a Subaru Crosstrek that was a few years old and can't speak to what it may have been valued at.
Haha, went from a Subaru Crosstrek to a 4BW at $20k off. Winning.

I own and operate a detail shop and the client had me perform a new car prep package including some light polishing and a ceramic coating on it.

The car was absolutely loaded and also included a "blackout package" which included a bunch of black badging etc.

Oh yeah, the dealership did what they had to do to move the car and I'm sure didn't "lose" on the deal but from a purchasers side, he did pretty good for a new, never titled vehicle, even if it is a 22.
It is nice to see the pendulum shift in the other direction after the market we have been through. It was just a matter of time. As long as interest rates are elevated I think we will see more and more pricing pressure.

It is nice to see the pendulum shift in the other direction after the market we have been through. It was just a matter of time. As long as interest rates are elevated I think we will see more and more pricing pressure.
Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 1.16.57 PM.png

It looks like subsidized financing is the current incentive, although only 36 months on relatively expensive vehicles like is pretty restrictive.

Haha, went from a Subaru Crosstrek to a 4BW at $20k off. Winning.
Yep. And apparently he got the auto and his wifey drives it and shes loving it. Quite a step up for her.

He kept his manual STI so still has a standard trans he can use.

Yep. And apparently he got the auto and his wifey drives it and shes loving it. Quite a step up for her.

He kept his manual STI so still has a standard trans he can use.
By the way, I am in South Florida as well. I haven't seen another 4BW on the road since I bought mine last year. I think you, me and your client may be the only ones. ;)

By the way, I am in South Florida as well. I haven't seen another 4BW on the road since I bought mine last year. I think you, me and your client may be the only ones. ;)
Hah. Where abouts?

Admittedly, I only started really noticing a decent amount of other Cadillacs on the road once I was moving into one myself. But yep, doubtful we'll see many BW's.

Hah. Where abouts?

Admittedly, I only started really noticing a decent amount of other Cadillacs on the road once I was moving into one myself. But yep, doubtful we'll see many BW's.
Boca Raton area. I see a fair number of Cadillac SUVs and some CT4s and CT5s but never see a Blackwing, except when driving by the dealership. I was at a Home Depot a few weeks ago and a fellow customer was admiring the car and he asked what it was, he had never seen it before. Haha, great marketing GM.

Boca Raton area. I see a fair number of Cadillac SUVs and some CT4s and CT5s but never see a Blackwing, except when driving by the dealership. I was at a Home Depot a few weeks ago and a fellow customer was admiring the car and he asked what it was, he had never seen it before. Haha, great marketing GM.
Cool I'm down in Pembroke Pines. Approx an hour away or so.

Cool I'm down in Pembroke Pines. Approx an hour away or so.
Nice, now there are two Black Raven 4BWs M6s tearing up the streets one no lift shift at a time. ;)

For $20K off, and how much my wife would hate me getting rid of my SUV, I think I'd buy one. I'll deal with her "disappointment" of not having a big SUV.

You would think the dealer would easily get more if they just sent it to the auction rather than take such a huge loss. Although, they probably balanced it against all the other vehicles they were making a huge profit.
I've had several dealers tell me they have received special units and send them straight to auction. It's weird but yeah for sure it would make more sense. Make someone else who's negligent of the market take the hit

Regular maintenance wise it was fine. You just have to use matte specific soaps and products. If you don't normal products will slowly polish shiny spots into the paint. Not a huge deal because I'm assuming most of us here hand wash our cars anyway.

The big problem is damage. It can't be spot corrected. Because the finish is matte you can't polish it, so no removing very shallow scuffs or scratches or rock chips. You only option is to repaint the entire panel at a minimum. And there's a good chance adjacent panels must be repainted as well because it can be so hard to paint match. Even then there's a chance you might not get it to match properly. You need to find a body shop that really knows what they're doing. So, easy to find a Mercedes certified top of the line body shop in big cities. Small cities and towns not so much.

So your only option is to basically fully PPF the car to have any peace of mind. For some it's a tough pill to swallow after spending $100K+ on a car. When I had mine I opted for just full front PPF and looking back on it it was a mistake. Every time you park in a tight lot of unfamiliar area you worry about it. Even with the PPF I still had a few bigger rock chips get through onto the hood.

Long story short if the paint ever gets damaged you either learn to live with it or try to get it fixed with no guarantees it will match. Not my car, but here's what happens when it's not repaired properly. Look at the front quarter panel.
View attachment 21699
Wow... and thanks for the detailed reply!

This was a client of mine. He scooped up a leftover 22 (apparently the one posted in the OP) about a month ago and did very well. I was able to get my Raven Black 6MT for only 6k under MSRP. Unfortunately, my heart was set on a manual.

$20,000 off MSRP would be enough for most to reconsider though. lol

I do agree, dealerships were absolutely loving life during and after the pandemic.
How does staying on the lot for so long affect the car's physical condition? Outside and inside will make a difference too, right?

I'm in Deerfield Beach, I've seen a white 5bw and black 4bw around. I have a satin steel 5, say hi if you ever see me!

You know what's frustrating? You see the above, $10K off, then go to their website and it says nothing about $10K off. If it's $10k off, why not put that on the website? I guess if I don't know anything and offer $5000 off, they're ahead. Still, frustrating.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back