Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V FLOOR JACK LIFT GUIDE - 4BW

Cadillac CT4-V model
This thread is great and super helpful! Big thanks to those that have contributed, and now I'm wondering if the ultimate evolution of it is to have solutions by use case.

For example, the needs for swapping brake pads or wheels one corner at a time look different than the needs to remove all 4 for cleaning/ coating/ rotating side to side.
  1. Best method and adapters for one-corner-at-a-time lifting
  2. Best method and adapters for all all four in the air with jackstands lifting
  3. Best method and adapters for QuickJacks

I know now what's required to safely adapt my quick jacks, but sometimes they're a pain and jack stands are better for access or quick hit jobs.

Maybe my real question here is simply is there a central spot on each side rail for a floor jack to then easily place jack stands at each corner?

RennStands work great on my 5BW. Would think they would work on a 4BW as well.

@mfbmike I'd like to see some close up pics on the quick jack contact points. Thank you!

1714152219432.png
\

Front easy enough. Quickjack supplied Rubber block between contact patch and pinch weld. Make sure rubber block isn't interfering with rocker panel. Admittedly, the red pinch weld adapter in the guide seems like it would be best - on top of a rubber block, for extra clearance from the rocker.

1714152250843.png

In the rear, to the left of the orange arrows is a bracket. You can fit a block there and lift from there.

Since im not under the car right now, using photos from the supplied guide in this thread - which is amazing btw. These jack points have been discussed in great length in this thread and others.

Which adapter/head are you using? There's a bunch of options.
i use the Universal Crown/Castle Jack Pad. I bought some rubber sheet and cut them in circles to fit inside the crown. And I also use ZL1 Addons lift pads. You may need a different setup, but I can say the Rennstand concept works very well. Easy to setup, takes up no space to store. I have two low profile 3 ton floor jacks.

View attachment 25625\

Front easy enough. Quickjack supplied Rubber block between contact patch and pinch weld. Make sure rubber block isn't interfering with rocker panel. Admittedly, the red pinch weld adapter in the guide seems like it would be best - on top of a rubber block, for extra clearance from the rocker.

View attachment 25626

In the rear, to the left of the orange arrows is a bracket. You can fit a block there and lift from there.

Since im not under the car right now, using photos from the supplied guide in this thread - which is amazing btw. These jack points have been discussed in great length in this thread and others.
Thank you!

This thread is great and super helpful! Big thanks to those that have contributed, and now I'm wondering if the ultimate evolution of it is to have solutions by use case.

For example, the needs for swapping brake pads or wheels one corner at a time look different than the needs to remove all 4 for cleaning/ coating/ rotating side to side.
  1. Best method and adapters for one-corner-at-a-time lifting
  2. Best method and adapters for all all four in the air with jackstands lifting
  3. Best method and adapters for QuickJacks

I know now what's required to safely adapt my quick jacks, but sometimes they're a pain and jack stands are better for access or quick hit jobs.

Maybe my real question here is simply is there a central spot on each side rail for a floor jack to then easily place jack stands at each corner?
#2 is what I want to know.

I looked under the car and seems like there are some strong parts under the car to jack and place a jack stand in their designated spots.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back