Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Driving modes and braking

CT5-V Model

Ergoc5

Seasoned Member
Only have 120 miles so far so still learning. Interesting to feel the difference in braking in comfort mode vs other modes. Braking feels kind of under braked for a car of this size in comfort mode...I guess brake pressure is reduced quite a bit? It feels like the car does not want to stop. Of course in V mode it's different but I feel the default brake pressure in comfort mode is inadequate. I am going to play around with the settings for My Mode but what settings do you guys use for street driving ...just put it in V mode?

The car is brake by wire. All pedal feel is simulated by a solenoid. There is no physical connection between the pedal and brake pads. Also the break in period for pads I believe is either 200 or 250 miles in the manual as a FYI.

The car is brake by wire. All pedal feel is simulated by a solenoid. There is no physical connection between the pedal and brake pads. Also the break in period for pads I believe is either 200 or 250 miles in the manual as a FYI.
Yup aware of the brake by wire and throttle by wire on cars nowadays 😀. Just surprised at how scary the braking is in comfort mode (car does not want to stop)...I think one of the articles on MT or R&T mentioned it.

Has anyone seen the dash warnings that are supposed to light up if things get a bit dicey? (Savagegeese reference dash lights and a mechanical 'fail safe' if things really go bad)
While having a much longer spirited drive day than planned and with temps well into the 90s, it did have me wondering a bit about the system.

I get Cadillac not wanting the brakes to be 'too touchy' for DD if you had them configured nearer track feedback, but sport didn't seem too touchy at all, which begs the question why even have the tour setting for brakes? Unless they didn't want to break (no pun intended) away from their tour-sport-track paradigm*?

*Yes I realize the exhaust has 4 options :)

Has anyone seen the dash warnings that are supposed to light up if things get a bit dicey? (Savagegeese reference dash lights and a mechanical 'fail safe' if things really go bad)
While having a much longer spirited drive day than planned and with temps well into the 90s, it did have me wondering a bit about the system.

I get Cadillac not wanting the brakes to be 'too touchy' for DD if you had them configured nearer track feedback, but sport didn't seem too touchy at all, which begs the question why even have the tour setting for brakes? Unless they didn't want to break (no pun intended) away from their tour-sport-track paradigm*?

*Yes I realize the exhaust has 4 options :)
When I was at Spring Mountain I didn't notice any "warning" or lights, but when I pulled the DPR data, I was shocked how many time the car saved my behind....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back