Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2024 CT4-V BW, New Owner from the Main Line PA

Professor Speed

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
Hello fellow Cadillac enthusiasts! A few weeks ago, I became the proud owner of a Velocity Red Cadillac CT4 V Blackwing. It's an absolute dream come true! Can't wait to fully break in the engine and unleashing the full power of this beauty.

I'm thrilled with the car so far, especially its steering feel, nimbleness, and comfort. Coming out of a 2014 Mustang GT (Track Pack) also helps appreciating the BW's platform and driving experience. Don't get me wrong, owning a Mustang GT for the past 10 years has been a blast, but with my baby boy growing up, it started to feel less practical. Now, the challenge is teaching my boy to shift his excitement from asking for joy rides in the Mustang to enjoying the thrill of the Cadillac!

Definitely love not seeing any other BW on my daily commute – it feels special! Looking forward to learning and contributing to this great community!
20231202_131805.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome Rob, and all you do for the community. Great information on this site!

• Love Post
Reactions: Rob
Welcome. Be interesting to hear your comparisons on the performance of the cars. Of course the BW is a decade newer tech but Mustangs all have decent performance regardless. For a turbo car I'm finding the 6 BW engine to feel remarkably linear more like a normally aspirated engine. What do you think?

Welcome. Be interesting to hear your comparisons on the performance of the cars. Of course the BW is a decade newer tech but Mustangs all have decent performance regardless. For a turbo car I'm finding the 6 BW engine to feel remarkably linear more like a normally aspirated engine. What do you think?
Great question about the Mustang versus the Blackwing! Here are my observations, keeping in mind that I've only driven the Blackwing for about 300 miles and haven't fully explored its potential yet.

MUSTANG: The power feels raw and it's a challenge to put it to the street effectively. Thanks to the live axle, the rear slides readily, but it's manageable and fun if you're skilled. The power really kicks in after 4,000 RPM. The car's considerable size and weight are noticeable when driving. Steering is less precise, and with the live axle, the suspension gives it an old-school muscle car feel. The Getrag MT82 transmission can be tough to shift at high RPMs.

BLACKWING: Even without pushing past 4,000 RPM yet, the Blackwing feels more responsive at lower RPMs. Its superb transmission, suspension, and tires aid in power delivery. The smaller size enhances the driving experience, especially at higher speeds. The clutch is softer compared to cars I've previously owned, so it took some time to adjust to it.

Thanks !Yeah I see all what your saying. I too felt the oomph in the BW even in rev restricted mode...but thats nothing....it shines full throttle in the upper rev range (but no need to wind it out completely) I think it would be tough for the Mustang to match the precision handling and chassis feel of the BW (though they keep getting better over the years). Gearbox is quite nice on the BW as well...not quite as good as some of the aftermarket ones I've had or in my MR2 but quite decent and respectable - easy to drive and drive hard. To me its still a big heavy car....but I'm distinctly a small car guy...

My Mustang is truly old school....one of the first off the assembly line ever...been in the family since new. It of course is not a performance car in any (modern) sense of the word...but iit has decent get up and go and is funn to drive (even if not a precision drive). Enjoy your BW....like you I only have about 300-400 miles on it after the drive up from Atlanta. You will find a different beast once you're able to push it post rev limiter.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back