Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did you pay over MSRP

Did you pay over MSRP?

• 5BW Manual, Yes

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 5BW Manual, No

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • 5BW Automatic, Yes

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 5BW Automatic, No

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • 4BW Manual, Yes

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 4BW Manual, No

Votes: 36 32.7%
  • 4BW Automatic, Yes

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 4BW Automatic, No

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Seth

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4-V Blackwing 46-404
Juuuuust curious...
I'm surprised to see a lot of dealers still putting ADM on their listings, just saw $20k ADM on 5BW manual this morning. Who is buying that 😖

$3k over for 4BW auto.

no-ragrets-no-regrets.gif

Hate to say it as it hurts but 10k. Forgive me I was getting desperate. Other dealer I was waiting on was at 5k but no allocations and it had been months. Mine is a 5 with MT. I spoke to dealers across country high was 30 over most were 20 over didn't matter stick or auto😣

The dealership wanted a $20k ADM, but got them down to MSRP. 4BW back in June of last year for reference.
I always wondered how this type of negotiation works. Is it just you saying "no" over and over and over and over and over and over again until they give a sheepish, "ok fine"?

I always wondered how this type of negotiation works. Is it just you saying "no" over and over and over and over and over and over again until they give a sheepish, "ok fine"?
I think it depends on how quickly they think they can move that car with the markup. I see you're in San Jose (Silicon Valley) so for Bay Area dealerships I'm fairly sure the answer last year was 'immediately' - so many RSU's and crypto proceeds burning holes in wallets... no room for negotiation.

There's some negotiation because I had no prior history with GM and I had to convince them why they should sell the car at MSRP, along with providing rebuttals to all their excuses. Luck also plays a huge part. The dealership kept their sales count in the show room so everyone can see how many cars they've sold in the month. By June 11th, they had only sold 3 cars so there was pressure on them to make a deal. Also, in the bay area, people would rather buy Tesla's and BMW's so the demand wasn't as high. In the end they told me if I could come in that day, I could have it at MSRP.

Just judging dealer traffic in the last month, it's dead out there. I don't mind MSRP, but I'm not paying a premium at this stage.

I had 3 orders with different dealers in 3 different states and they were all at MSRP.

I also had 3 different orders at 3 different dealers. My first order was in August 21, no CF. They never moved past 1100.

By end of July I bought off the lot and paid some ADM. I emailed all 3 of them cancelling my orders, 2 of the dealers called me a few days later and said my order was just picked up and pretended they weren't aware of the cancellation email. 🙄

My 22 4BW was $1500 over MSRP. I found it on a lot in August on a random search after waiting six months for a 5V allocation. I figured if I switched my 5V order to a 4BW, I was going to pay the $400 destination charge increase and probably the 2023 base MSRP increase (around $1500) anyway. Plus this car had both carbon packages that was on constraint by August and got a huge price increase for 2023.

I was at a dealer on Sunday and they have a 4BW auto and a 5BW manual in the showroom. Both have $20k ADM. The dealership was DEAD, which might make you think there is an incentive to budge on ADM but I think it makes it harder to negotiate it off. There might still be someone willing to pay a premium and that ADM will go a long way to paying salaries and bills during these slow times.

I paid a non-trivial amount over. The dealership quite frankly lied, or minimally were not honest.

The final price was only given to me once the car was built and delivered. I was very clear up front that I wanted to pay MSRP. When the car arrived I was hit with a non-optional dealership package for $50k. The salesman had the balls to tell me it was MSRP just as I wanted, it's just the package that's more. We ended closer to $10k over plus a modified package to include some maintenance and another $1k on trade. I sincerely hope losing a repeat customer was worth it to them.

Even today, they still mark the 5BW up by $50k. They got one on the showroom floor a couple of weeks ago.

Juuuuust curious...
I'm surprised to see a lot of dealers still putting ADM on their listings, just saw $20k ADM on 5BW manual this morning. Who is buying that 😖
I paid MSRP for MT 4BW back in December, dealer I went to which was out of state has policy to never charge over MSRP.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back