Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Black or orange?

How much more would you pay for Orange?

• $5000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $7500

• $10,000

• $12,500

• $15,000

• $20,000

• Total voters
I hate UTexas burnt orange, so I wouldn't be caught dead in it. Its wonderful for folks who like it though.

But I've experienced severe difficulty selling cars with obscure colors in the past. Black will be EASY to sell to the next person or dealer.

Regardless of price, I'd recommend staying away from any color out of the mainstream if you care about resale.

Comments about options are also accurate - in a few years there will likely be hardly any premium for those options that are expensive today.
Resale value doesn't apply to those that keep their cars for 10 years. By that time the car has depreciated so much the options or color don't make any difference. But the options will make a difference to me while I enjoy them for 10+ years. For those with itchy wallets that trade out as fast as a rabbit shits after taking Metamucil then I agree.

I wouldn't pay extra for orange, but I would consider up to $1000 for whatever color I was stoked on...looking at you shadow metallic. Color being the subjective thing that it is, doesn't really add or remove value, it just changes the size of the pool of resale buyers. I would argue some of the obscure colors could possibly add value if someone really wants that specific color, but not a blanket rule.

My experience is don't settle, you'll never find contentment and it will end up costing you more when you finally get what you really want.

I wouldn't pay extra for orange, but I would consider up to $1000 for whatever color I was stoked on...looking at you shadow metallic.
I’m likely in the minority with Shadow Metallic being my first choice color in all 5BW production years thus far and one thing I would not compromise on (and had to be 6M). I was at the dealership a few weeks back and ran into my sales guy and he said your car is my favorite BW color.

The other thing I was adamant about was no sunroof. On some cars I would go sunroof, but not this one. IMO it breaks up the otherwise great lines. All subjective and nothing to do with resale value. I also have the top tier seats and CCBs that I didn’t really need, but glad I have them. Those seats are really so cool and I nearly drool when I look at them. The CF1 I had to add myself.

Last edited:
My car order was orange, but the order was going nowhere and I bought a dealer inventory shadow metallic with everything I wanted (and more...). If I could trade straight across now with the same car in orange I wouldn't do it. I've grown to like the shadow metallic, and I think the gray interior with red trim and calipers match the gray better than the orange. So while I like the orange as a color better, I think the overall effect of the interior and trim match the shadow metallic better. And like most of the colors, the metallic in the paint makes it look nicer than just "gray".

I will almost never buy a black, white, grey or silver car, ever. Naturally this makes options difficult. I have definitely found a car I wanted with options I didn't need with the correct colour. I also go through cars A LOT. Like my underwear stays in my possession longer than my cars.

If you have no issue spending the extra money for the extra goodies and you get the colour you want, great, do it. If that extra money stretches the budget I don't do it. I wait for the right one or one with a bit less options, If I have to pay 1-3k more for an extra option and the colour I want on a 90-100k+ car vs my ideal spec I will do it vs waiting an eternity for that ideal car to show up.

I also go through cars A LOT. Like my underwear stays in my possession longer than my cars.
I couldn’t keep up that car buying pace, I’m pretty physical and wear out underwear real fast. I think they have been making the fabric thinner over the years.

I live at the edge of an agricultural area and noticed today that the local dirt that is covering my car 24 hours after getting home matches the Blaze Orange pretty well

I couldn’t keep up that car buying pace, I’m pretty physical and wear out underwear real fast. I think they have been making the fabric thinner over the years.
Coverage Speedo GIF by mintmobile

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners