Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did you know this about your car?

So we have a pedestrian targeting system?! I didn't know that until this past weekend.
It's weird I guess on busy streets with cars parked along them it doesn't kick off, but early Sunday I drove past a jogger and it flashed up on the dash.
I was surprised by it, so I missed the opportunity at first and then had to go back around, but I got him eventually.

So we have a pedestrian targeting system?! I didn't know that until this past weekend.
It's weird I guess on busy streets with cars parked along them it doesn't kick off, but early Sunday I drove past a jogger and it flashed up on the dash.
I was surprised by it, so I missed the opportunity at first and then had to go back around, but I got him eventually.
sylvester stallone GIF by Fandor

Does it keep score?

I figured I wouldn't have it due to my car not having the parking sensors due to shortages but actually the system still works so it must be camera based.

I figured I wouldn't have it due to my car not having the parking sensors due to shortages but actually the system still works so it must be camera based.

Yeah I believe the pedestrian alert, intellibeam, rainsense, vehicle ahead, and lane keep assist all use the camera in center of the windshield.

The rear emergency braking, blindspot monitoring, and cross traffic are the sonar based ones. If I understood what I read right.

+5 points

Yeah I believe the pedestrian alert, intellibeam, rainsense, vehicle ahead, and lane keep assist all use the camera in center of the windshield.

The rear emergency braking, blindspot monitoring, and cross traffic are the sonar based ones. If I understood what I read right.

I have the rear based cross traffic and no sonar sensors? That must be camera based too?

There are different kinds, the short distance for parking, some folks don't have yet and the long which works with the blind spot monitoring system.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back