Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

First 1000 mile impressions with the CT5V Blackwing.

I have ACC in my 22' Telluride. Drove from NY to Calif. and loved it ! It does throw out the anchor when a car cuts in front of you. I was in a funeral procession and it was like an accordion with the stop and go. I set the ACC and I then never touched the brake or gas for about 20 miles. The lane detection was great also.

I understand why they didn't, but they still could've made it work.
Of course it can be made to work, but we’re talking about actuators for the clutch and gearbox. I’ve never seen a MT car with this.

My AMG was AT because there was no MT option. In stop and go traffic it would come to a complete stop and move again when the car in front of me started moving. It actually works very well and very long commutes on the freeway.

My AMG was AT because there was no MT option. In stop and go traffic it would come to a complete stop and move again when the car in front of me started moving. It actually works very well and very long commutes on the freeway.
I cautiously tried that with my 5V once so far. It did work all the way to stop and go again. I was kinda surprised.

I cautiously tried that with my 5V once so far. It did work all the way to stop and go again. I was kinda surprised.

That’s one of the best features of it in heavy stop and go freeway traffic.

It’s kinda freaky at first and took me a good amount of driving to trust the car. It liked to be fairly aggressive on the brakes and every once in a while I would get unnerved and hit the brakes to override.

It was one of the best features of my previous car. But now I have a 5BW 6-spd and not looking back.

I’ve never seen a MT car with this.

ACC isn uncommon on manual transmission cars. But since the system automatically disengages when you engage the clutch or when RPMs drop too much… it’s really not very useful.

ACC isn uncommon on manual transmission cars. But since the system automatically disengages when you engage the clutch or when RPMs drop too much… it’s really not very useful.
I had ACC in my '20 Civic Type R (all manuals) and VW had it on even the last-gen GTI manual. But they made ~48,000 CTRs, plus manual Si's and non-Rs, so I understand it being more worthwhile to invest the engineering dollars into those cars than for a few thousand Blackwings.

On the CTR, the ACC worked as long as you were over ~30mph. Could even shift while under accel/braking, it was pretty weird but worked well.

My question is why is there a functional follow distance button if ACC is not available in 6MT?

Of course it can be made to work, but we’re talking about actuators for the clutch and gearbox. I’ve never seen a MT car with this.

For ACC, it can just be made to work at certain speeds per gear. Even only in 6th above 45 would be fine. For remote start, just needs to only work when in neutral. The car already has sensors for the state of the gearbox.

For ACC, it can just be made to work at certain speeds per gear. Even only in 6th above 45 would be fine. For remote start, just needs to only work when in neutral. The car already has sensors for the state of the gearbox.
If it can’t downshift and upshift I don’t see much benefit. Also if it doesn’t have all the level 2 autonomous features (like GM Supercruise) it’s not that great even if it could shift. I gave up my level 2 car for the 5BW and I find the shifting is more than enough to keep my attention and keep me alert.

Usually not so much dollars, but time 🙂 but I guess time=money

They did the math and decided it wasn't worth the cost. I would have paid an extra thousand or fifteen hundred for ACC and remote start with my six-speed manual. Call it the tech convenience package or something. It's technologically feasible for sure, but it wasn't meant to be apparently.

I will say I've used regular cruise control maybe a handful of times in my 8k miles so far on my '22 CT5BW six-speed. It's just too fun to bomb down the highway to use cruise control.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back