Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did you know this about your car?

Jameson's Viggen

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V BlackWing
I noticed this on both our '22's, something our '20 didn't do...

If you are listening to Sirius and press the volume button to mute it, it does more than mute it.

It actually pauses the song. Like long term. You can have a 20 minute conversation and go back to the song right where you left it.

Some may say duh, I knew that! But I bet some are going to try it now and hadn't noticed before.

Yup, knew that for the Cadillac. It's a seamless setup. We have a G05 BMW X5 and for that one you have to dig into the menus and go to 'timeshift' and drag a slider backwards...thank you Cadillac! (I think it's because BMW's button really does just mute the SXM, not pause it.)

If you are listening to Sirius and press the volume button to mute it, it does more than mute it.

It actually pauses the song. Like long term. You can have a 20 minute conversation and go back to the song right where you left it.

Some may say duh, I knew that! But I bet some are going to try it now and hadn't noticed before.
LOL, I found this out about a week ago and thought I was losing my mind until I figured it out.... I believe it works when you get a call also....

My 2020 Sierra does that. Standard GM fare on decent models. In fact, the 2022 Blackwing infotainment is almost identical to my truck. Virtually nothing new.

My 2020 Sierra does that. Standard GM fare on decent models. In fact, the 2022 Blackwing infotainment is almost identical to my truck. Virtually nothing new.
Our '20 CT4 didn't. It might be related to the date of the firmware.

Since it has memory to store the song as it plays, does it allow you to rewind it as well? I don't have mine yet to test that out :/

Since it has memory to store the song as it plays, does it allow you to rewind it as well?

Rewind is a pretty standard feature. Over the years I've had 5 different satellite radios and they all could do it. The rewind ability was limited to a certain amount of time, like 30 to 45 minutes.

Additionally, both of my two most recent vehicles let you flag 5 or 6 stations to continuously record while the car was running. So I could be listening to the 80s station for a while, and then when something like that hideous Georgia Satellites song came on I could switch to the 70s channel and rewind it it like 30 minutes to see if I missed some AC/DC or Boston or something else cool.

It's a killer feature, IMHO.

Last edited:
For me the new discover recently on how it (the car) actually thinks on its own even in the simplest of ways is the Adaptive Cruise Control feature! I was in cruise in the neighborhood on a long stretch and the car quickly recognized, slowed down for golf carts on the road (Golf Course Community folks), waited for them to turn off and then zipped right back up to speed no worries. That's the first time I had experienced Adaptive Cruise working on its own! Fantastic!

Heading to Spring Mountain sometime next year, learn and work on some things with the experts out there! Then find a road (track) with no golf carts! :)

For me the new discover recently on how it (the car) actually thinks on its own even in the simplest of ways is the Adaptive Cruise Control feature! I was in cruise in the neighborhood on a long stretch and the car quickly recognized, slowed down for golf carts on the road (Golf Course Community folks), waited for them to turn off and then zipped right back up to speed no worries. That's the first time I had experienced Adaptive Cruise working on its own! Fantastic!
Did it show a golf cart icon on the dash? I noticed my car, 5BW without adaptive cruise, etc. shows an icon of a pedestrian or another vehicle on the dash when one is present. Not sure what to do with that information.

Did it show a golf cart icon on the dash? I noticed my car, 5BW without adaptive cruise, etc. shows an icon of a pedestrian or another vehicle on the dash when one is present. Not sure what to do with that information.
:) No, get out of the way Icon on dash! 6M?

On front driver door I call this my key holder as it fits my fob perfectly and has a rubber bottom (and on the front passenger side it is not present... just a full through handle to pull the door shut. [I even looked through the manual, but couldn't find anything (whether it may be for the fob, loose change, etc...) about it.]
20220721_190045.jpg
20220721_185954.jpg

Today I had a huge orange rectangular display flash in the HUD. It looked like a pictorial of one or more cars. I couldn’t quite make it out as it disappeared very quickly. The implication was I believe a collision warning, but I was not even close to that.

Do these cars have the issue where pressing mute when listening to music via carplay literally just mutes it without pausing the song like most other cars?

I used to hate this in my camaro, and I honestly cannot recall if the Blackwing had that same problem.

Do these cars have the issue where pressing mute when listening to music via carplay literally just mutes it without pausing the song like most other cars?

I used to hate this in my camaro, and I honestly cannot recall if the Blackwing had that same problem.
Carplay and internet radio all get paused, not just muted.... at least in my experience with Pandora on both my phone and through the pandora app on the car

I just 'learned' cause I'm a total pillock that there is a split screen to show your current audio selection, phone connectivity AND satnav! 🙄 😄

I legit didn't know this after 4 weeks of ownership. The only screens I'd used were Satnav, PDR, and settings and I never went that final swipe to the left before now... now what's this 'v mode' I keep hearing about?

Something I didn't know until recently but it's probably in the manual I didn't read, if you dim the instrument panel with the wheel, there are some night modes with reduced information and less clutter.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back