Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Did you know this about your car?

TBF that sounds like a bug or a problem with the sensors that detect the ambient light, in regards to the dash not lighting up again once you've gone back into the light. How long did it remain dark? For miles? However much longer you were out and about?

I've not tried it yet, as it's summer still, but I guess I could hit a tunnel or something and see.
Agree, if the sensors were more responsive/faster to update, then I would have figured it out sooner. I did figure it out soon enough (before this thread), was just venting here.

So I've been messing with the V mode and other mode buttons on this car. You guys probably already figured this out but the functionality of switching into and out of V mode was a bit confusing to me.

I'm used the the BMW M1 and M2 paddle buttons. Pressing M1 or M2 switches you into a user customizable M1 or M2 setting. Pressing the M1 or M2 button again puts you back to all the settings you had before.

Pressing V mode from any drive mode puts you into you customizable V mode, however pressing V mode from V mode always puts you into tour mode, regardless of what mode you were in before. From V mode if you press the up arrow mode selector from V mode you go into My mode, and if you press the down arrow mode selector you go into sports mode. So it appears in the mode selector sequence V mode is an alternate to tour mode, the only way into V mode I can see is from the V button.

So driving. V button puts you into V mode. V button again always puts you into tour. Up arrow from V mode puts you directly into my mode, down arrow from V mode puts you directly into sport. To get to any other mode from V mode it's multiple presses on the arrows to select the mode on the menu.

Overall I prefer the BMW system of pressing the M1 or M2 button again puts your previous settings back, in addition to the benefit of not having to shift your hands from 10 and 2 to hit the M1 or M2 paddle buttons.

For me I usually go back and forth from My mode to V mode. I have to shift my left hand from 10 position to hit the V button. Then to get back into my mode I have to look or feel around on the center console for the up arrow key.

Not a huge deal but interesting. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or don't have it set up correctly. Does anyone else know if you can set it up so that hitting the V mode button again puts you back to whatever mode you started at.

So I've been messing with the V mode and other mode buttons on this car. You guys probably already figured this out but the functionality of switching into and out of V mode was a bit confusing to me.

I'm used the the BMW M1 and M2 paddle buttons. Pressing M1 or M2 switches you into a user customizable M1 or M2 setting. Pressing the M1 or M2 button again puts you back to all the settings you had before.

Pressing V mode from any drive mode puts you into you customizable V mode, however pressing V mode from V mode always puts you into tour mode, regardless of what mode you were in before. From V mode if you press the up arrow mode selector from V mode you go into My mode, and if you press the down arrow mode selector you go into sports mode. So it appears in the mode selector sequence V mode is an alternate to tour mode, the only way into V mode I can see is from the V button.

So driving. V button puts you into V mode. V button again always puts you into tour. Up arrow from V mode puts you directly into my mode, down arrow from V mode puts you directly into sport. To get to any other mode from V mode it's multiple presses on the arrows to select the mode on the menu.

Overall I prefer the BMW system of pressing the M1 or M2 button again puts your previous settings back, in addition to the benefit of not having to shift your hands from 10 and 2 to hit the M1 or M2 paddle buttons.

For me I usually go back and forth from My mode to V mode. I have to shift my left hand from 10 position to hit the V button. Then to get back into my mode I have to look or feel around on the center console for the up arrow key.

Not a huge deal but interesting. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or don't have it set up correctly. Does anyone else know if you can set it up so that hitting the V mode button again puts you back to whatever mode you started at.
I like the Caddy steering wheel itself, but fully agree on the M1/M2 buttons. Last night I quickly needed M2 as I approached an on ramp. Press without looking, got where I needed, and pressed again to revert to all the parameters set before. I also wish MyMode would allow full customization as V Mode does.

Attachments

• 20220821_120254.jpg
    20220821_120254.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 53
I like the Caddy steering wheel itself, but fully agree on the M1/M2 buttons. Last night I quickly needed M2 as I approached an on ramp. Press without looking, got where I needed, and pressed again to revert to all the parameters set before. I also wish MyMode would allow full customization as V Mode does.
TBF if you have a car with M1/M2 buttons on it, you most definitely didn't 'need' them to do what you were going to do 😉

I don't know if it has to do with having so many preconfiged modes vs the BMW, in addition to retaining My Mode through key cycles, but it is a bit odd that they don't cache you last settings.

I like that it's a single press by the shifter to get to My Mode, but agree it would be nice if VMode canceled VMode instead of sending you to Tour Mode.

IMHO it's no biggy, unlike both feet in to start the fecking thing 😄 That is truly sTuPiD.

Automatic high beam adjustment back and forth as needed with no driver interaction in dark road conditions with an adjustment IMMEDIATELY for oncoming vehicles! Very cool.

Automatic high beam adjustment back and forth as needed with no driver interaction in dark road conditions with an adjustment IMMEDIATELY for oncoming vehicles! Very cool.
Interesting. Is that a 5BW specific thing? I've not driven much at night, being summer but eventually it'll happen, and I haven't noticed that.

Ofc the 4BW being the best handling sports sedan* ever made, they likely don't have the headlight technology to keep up with the back and forth action it is capable of. So maybe I haven't missed what isn't actually there anyways.

*That's GM/Caddy talking, not my biased opinion ;)

Interesting. Is that a 5BW specific thing? I've not driven much at night, being summer but eventually it'll happen, and I haven't noticed that.

Ofc the 4BW being the best handling sports sedan* ever made, they likely don't have the headlight technology to keep up with the back and forth action it is capable of. So maybe I haven't missed what isn't actually there anyways.

The 4 does it too..

Cant speak on the 4BW headlight response in these conditions, the 5BW has this and its worry free? It's on my car? For both of us, hmmm?

I leave mine in my mode and just hammer the old girl...

Anyone with any drag strip experience or dragy experience to comment if the more aggressive engine settings actually make the car any faster or just make the throttle mapping more aggressive without changing total power output at WOT?

Anyone with any drag strip experience or dragy experience to comment if the more aggressive engine settings actually make the car any faster or just make the throttle mapping more aggressive without changing total power output at WOT?
Usually that setting only adjusts the throttle mapping curve a little bit. The Track Mode throttle maps are typically a bit more progressive/linear and the Sport Mode favors a more more exaggerated mapping to make the car feel a little more punchy, less pedal movement equals more commanded throttle. You should have full power in either mode though.

On the drag strip many get the best times in Tour Mode since the softer suspension setting allows for more weight transfer and better grip from the rear tires.

Last edited:
Power output at WOT should be dependent on the PTM setting + steering angle + current grip and the like.

Edit: not counting launch control 0-60 stuff, just driving.

Power output at WOT should be dependent on the PTM setting + steering angle + current grip and the like.

Edit: not counting launch control 0-60 stuff, just driving.
Good point, if the nannies are kicking in for any reason you will not have full power.

Now, you can disable all the nannies if you like and execute a Rockford. :)

rockford-jimrockford.gif

The 4 has it as well.

Maybe he needed to destroy a pesky blackwing through an on ramp?
I was making a right in a continuous lane while a Genesis was making a left from the other direction. I was just making sure to get ahead for a nice highway entry :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back