Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CTV 5 oil question

There has been so much oil talk on this forum and I cant retain any of it...... Me: goes to dealer has oil changed... Me: I did confirm they are using the correct oil.... Me: :)
I would assume that you go to Sewell based from previous posts and even though I never have experienced Sewell, based on everyone’s positive purchase experiences, their service would be as good.
On my previous car to this 5BW that I traded for it, I had an Audi that I took to the dealer for everything including oil changes for yrs. Recently, had them perform routine service that included changing oil & filter. About 4 months after service, my “reduced oil level” came on. Audi doesn’t have a dip stick, so no way to check without sucking it out and measuring. I raised the hood and found my brake reservoir cap laying by the strut tower. I popped the cover over the brake reservoir and sure enough, it had been off and exposed for almost 4 months!🤬
Previous service for yrs from them was excellent and the tech must have been in a hurry. Then, they checked my oil level, it had been overfilled by a quart! 🤬
I have 3 other vehicles and perform all my own oil changes on them allowing me to check everything underneath and more.
With my new 5BW, I will do my oil changes and anything else I can without special tools. Summary, even good techs have bad days, i wish it wasn’t on my car though!! I will triple check all dealership work moving forward when I have to use them.

I would assume that you go to Sewell based from previous posts and even though I never have experienced Sewell, based on everyone’s positive purchase experiences, their service would be as good.
On my previous car to this 5BW that I traded for it, I had an Audi that I took to the dealer for everything including oil changes for yrs. Recently, had them perform routine service that included changing oil & filter. About 4 months after service, my “reduced oil level” came on. Audi doesn’t have a dip stick, so no way to check without sucking it out and measuring. I raised the hood and found my brake reservoir cap laying by the strut tower. I popped the cover over the brake reservoir and sure enough, it had been off and exposed for almost 4 months!🤬
Previous service for yrs from them was excellent and the tech must have been in a hurry. Then, they checked my oil level, it had been overfilled by a quart! 🤬
I have 3 other vehicles and perform all my own oil changes on them allowing me to check everything underneath and more.
With my new 5BW, I will do my oil changes and anything else I can without special tools. Summary, even good techs have bad days, i wish it wasn’t on my car though!! I will triple check all dealership work moving forward when I have to use them.
Trust me, I understand what you are saying but my hands are to clean and smooth to do my own oil changes anymore.... When I run my hands across my wife's behind she like then baby soft, I guess she likes girly men? Oh well, Sewell rocks!

I have the luxury of having a lift in my garage. Still a lot of work moving cars out and setting up lift. I know, I know I'm whining but I don't have young knees. I also try to use nitrile gloves.
I also had an Audi RS5 that I did first oil change at 1000 miles. There is about 40 fasteners to remove for ductwork and underbody panels to change oil and filter. I thought I must have missed something, shouldn't be that much work. All future services were done by dealer(had service contract) put car up on lift after first dealer oil change and half the fasteners were missing. Service manager couldn't believe it. I had to bring it back in. They brought it up on a lift to double check and had to reorder all missing fasteners as that tech was no longer at the dealership. I informed the service manager that from there on in. I will double check every time the car comes back from the dealership

Got off track there. Just a note that I always do first oil and filter change at about 1000 miles.
Have complimentary first service coming. Around what mileage has anybody else gotten their notification of first service due?

That’s why I wear gloves nowadays and use lotion, to keep my hand soft and clean… for my wife and for me in case she’s mad at me 😳
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners