Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Changing oil from 5-30 to Supercar 0-40?

My S4 was substantially lowered and I jacked it up all the time. You believe it can’t be done, so you can’t do it.
Did your S4 have a very large chin spoiler like my BW does? If it were the standard BW, I'm sure a ramp would be fine and I'd be delighted to do it that way.

Well, tell me what to do, all I get are snarky comments. I could of course buy an expensive hydraulic jack and that would do it. Don't want that cluttering up my garage, enough there already with a yard tractor, cart and gas cans.

I have quite a lot of $ on my GM card that I can use for parts and service, just deducts from the "kitty". Don

Did your S4 have a very large chin spoiler like my BW does? If it were the standard BW, I'm sure a ramp would be fine and I'd be delighted to do it that way.

Well, tell me what to do, all I get are snarky comments. I could of course buy an expensive hydraulic jack and that would do it. Don't want that cluttering up my garage, enough there already with a yard tractor, cart and gas cans.

I have quite a lot of $ on my GM card that I can use for parts and service, just deducts from the "kitty". Don
I have two low profile floor jacks. They don’t take up much room the way my garage is organized. I’ve been through many iterations of garage optimization. I need the ability to get under my vehicles and do what it takes to make that happen.

Arcan 3-Ton Quick Rise Aluminum Floor Jack with Dual Pump Pistons & Reinforced Lifting Arm (A20018_A20019) https://a.co/d/fY5RYAc

I've got the Watkins Glen edition and I jack my car up using the 1.5 ton floor jack you can get from Harbor Freight and a small piece of 2x4 wood. Plenty of clearance between the jack and carbon side skirts. I track my car so it's up in the air quite often. I have yet to damage the car by jacking it up. I can understand wanting to keep your stuff nice but it's not magic trying to jack your car up.

I've got the Watkins Glen edition and I jack my car up using the 1.5 ton floor jack you can get from Harbor Freight and a small piece of 2x4 wood. Plenty of clearance between the jack and carbon side skirts. I track my car so it's up in the air quite often. I have yet to damage the car by jacking it up. I can understand wanting to keep your stuff nice but it's not magic trying to jack your car up.
Agreed. I have two ~1' pieces of 2x12 that I have to drive up on first to get just that little bit of extra clearance, but then after that, a basic set of Rhino Ramps gets the job done. They're not "extended length" or for extra low vehicles or anything like that. Just boring ol' ramps.

I've seen people spend thousands of lift setups. My two blocks of wood and 20yro ramps still work like a charm and after all this time, effectively cost me nothing.

Also, +1 to what @RDATLTE said. All of the IMSA editions are just sticker packages. All the "aero enhancements" are the exact same as the regular BW.

Did you forget the post where @SynisterAZ told you exactly which ramps to buy?

I have two low profile floor jacks. They don’t take up much room the way my garage is organized. I’ve been through many iterations of garage optimization. I need the ability to get under my vehicles and do what it takes to make that happen.

Arcan 3-Ton Quick Rise Aluminum Floor Jack with Dual Pump Pistons & Reinforced Lifting Arm (A20018_A20019) https://a.co/d/fY5RYAc
Agreed. I have two ~1' pieces of 2x12 that I have to drive up on first to get just that little bit of extra clearance, but then after that, a basic set of Rhino Ramps gets the job done. They're not "extended length" or for extra low vehicles or anything like that. Just boring ol' ramps.

I've seen people spend thousands of lift setups. My two blocks of wood and 20yro ramps still work like a charm and after all this time, effectively cost me nothing.

Also, +1 to what @RDATLTE said. All of the IMSA editions are just sticker packages. All the "aero enhancements" are the exact same as the regular BW.
So, the low slung, protruding front spoiler is on all Blackwings? May be mistaken but didn't think the "base" model had those chin spoilers. Don

Always smart ass comments. I'll bet the cars you're referring to weren't as low as my Blackwing. If I lay down in front of the car I still can hardly see a thing.

Do you have one of the special editions like mine? If you don't you have no basis for your remarks.

I'm not going to lift and get under the car with jacks on the pinch welds. Very unsafe. Don
For oil changes 67" Race Ramps are great for sports cars with splitters. I used to drive up a C7 with splitter with no issues. Even if you lowered the car there are extenders to deal with the approach angle as seen below.

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 8.39.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 8.43.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 8.47.01 PM.png

DonD got that CF9xx package tho, not possible to get it off the ground

1697955369160.jpeg

@DonD The CF1 and CF2 aero bits that are included in your sticker kit are the same ones we knuckle draggers can option on the "base" models BW's. Jon
Thanks, I was aware of that. As everyone on this forum knows, Blackwings aren't frequently seen. The only ones I've seen were on the dealer's showroom. Don

@DonD The CF1 and CF2 aero bits that are included in your sticker kit are the same ones we knuckle draggers can option on the "base" models BW's. Jon
Hey, I resemble that remark! 🤣

Due to the ongoing confusion among Blackwing owners, Cadillac Dealers, and Cadillac customer service with regard to which oil and filters are GM/Cadillac approved and provide warranty coverage for the CT4V-BW, I have requested that the Cadillac V-CLUB seek clarification of these items from Cadillac corporate and Mobil 1.

I suspect that the answer is:
(1) the older dexos2 and the standard filter are approved for use.
(2) the new dexosR oil is a "better" oil and is an approved "upgrade" but not required - Mobil Supercar 0W-40
7 Quarts – Part #126870
(3) the "better" oil filter is an approved "upgrade" but not required - AC Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF63R – GM Part# 12693541

I have no info on the oil or filter for the CT5V-BW.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back