Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Changing oil from 5-30 to Supercar 0-40?

Cadillac/GM in their CT4V-BW service manual specifies the older oil - reference document 6131547:
"Engine Oil 5W-30 - part #19293000". Yet, Mobil 1 claims that Cadillac performance vehicles come from the factory with Mobil 1 Supercar. Maybe they mean only the CT5V-BW.

1698246859284.png

To me, that is confusing.

Attachments

• Mobil 1™ Supercar 0W-40.pdf
    526.4 KB · Views: 56
Cadillac/GM in their CT4V-BW service manual specifies the older oil - reference document 6131547:
"Engine Oil 5W-30 - part #19293000". Yet, Mobil 1 claims that Cadillac performance vehicles come from the factory with Mobil 1 Supercar. Maybe they mean only the CT5V-BW.

View attachment 22453

To me, that is confusing.
It's not confusing. The FAQ specifically refers to cars that come with LT1 and LT4 engines, which the 4BW doesn't.

If I was a dealer and someone came in asking if they could use a weight and oil formula spec’d for another car with a different engine Id probably say I dont know and hope they left.

I could then envision this person going on the internet and saying the dealer had no clue what oil their car should take.

V-Club just announced a tech talk with Mobil 1. This was the text of the invitation.

ExxonMobil recently announced at the Petit LeMans event GM's official endorsement of Mobil 1 Supercar 0W-40 oil for all Cadillac V-Series including Gen 1 through Gen 4 models. The exception to this endorsement is the twin turbo V6 engine. Clifford Salvesen, Motorsports Technical Advisor for North America at ExxonMobil will be reviewing this announcement and answer any question you may have during this TechTalk.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back