Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

My Cadillac app oil life critical

Neveready

Seasoned Member
Saturday I took an hour drive and the car drove amazing, no issues or CELs. In the morning I had this notification from the my Cadillac app inbox on my phone. I checked the dipstick and the oil was full, no visible leaks and the oil looks clean. The app says 83% oil life. The car hasn’t been serviced yet.

I don’t know what to make of this, and it brings up a question, how is oil life calculated on a GM product and should I be concerned?

IMG_2044.png

Im guessing the last time the oil was changed they did not reset the life calculator or it’s just a glitch. When was it changed last? Did you do it or a dealer? I think you can reset it yourself in the menu system.

Im guessing the last time the oil was changed they did not reset the life calculator or it’s just a glitch. When was it changed last? Did you do it or a dealer? I think you can reset it yourself in the menu system.
it's never been changed, the car has never been serviced as it's at 600 miles.

onstar (free trial period) sent me email a few weeks ago that my 2 rear tires were flat on my 23 silverado............and they were not even down a pound. Glitches happen, document that it happened is all i would do incase something comes up in the future.

Saturday I took an hour drive and the car drove amazing, no issues or CELs. In the morning I had this notification from the my Cadillac app inbox on my phone. I checked the dipstick and the oil was full, no visible leaks and the oil looks clean. The app says 83% oil life. The car hasn’t been serviced yet.

I don’t know what to make of this, and it brings up a question, how is oil life calculated on a GM product and should I be concerned?

View attachment 23418
I’ve been getting this on and off. Nothing on the car itself.

View attachment 23418
I received the same or similar which was puzzling to say the least. I checked the actual car which did not match and just dismissed it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m glad to hear others have had a similar experience with the app. Thanks for chiming in

Last year I had parked my 5BW in the driveway for about a week and never started it . When I did start it up, I got a weird message saying something that my transmission would go into I guess a "limp mode" if not serviced. I contacted the dealer for a service appointment and it wasn't for a few days. During that time , I still drove the car and the message never re-appeared. Took it to the dealer and he couldn't find anything. His reply......"sometimes these cars do stupid shit ." I'm glad the GM engineers have a term for it.

Yup, same message came on at 700 miles for me. I was like WTF is going on, checked everything, all was well, and mentally dismissed it

This reminds me of the time when we all received a message a few months ago that one or all of our tires were either low or flat. Pure panic mode for many of us. Glitch in the matrix.

The app sucks. GM hasn’t figured out the basics yet. I’ve had login issues like crazy and won’t delete old cars I don’t own. Etc etc etc. I deleted it and have never looked back. lol.
p.s. I hope your car is fine. I suspect it is but you still have my best wishes.

I received the same or similar which was puzzling to say the least. I checked the actual car which did not match and just dismissed it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I had this happen again for the 2nd time. 12/18 and then again today. Even the app shows 47% oil life. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I had this happen again for the 2nd time. 12/18 and then again today. Even the app shows 47% oil life. 🤦🏻‍♂️
You likely need to delete your account and reestablish it. Judging by the paltry response on this thread it appears to be a very isolated problem.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back