Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5 BW Rev Match

wschomburg

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5-V Blackwing
Only have about 600 miles on my CT5BW but one of the things I think is cool is that if you down shift 2 gear levels the rev match provides you with 2 blips which I chuckle at every time becasue it's like well I don't want you to miss out on 2 rev matches !!

My Porsche Carrera T had rev match as well but if you went down 2 gears you only got the one blip.

For some reason I just find this humorous

What do you mean it blips it twice? like if your going from 4-2 it blips like the rpms a little bit and blips them the rest of the way a second time? or it just does the same blip twice?

What I also noticed is that RevMatch gains RPM *much* faster than if you use the actual accelerator. That means the throttle-by-wire is not sending as much throttle to the engine as your foot is telling it to.

Does anyone know if the tuners can fix that ?

@WONT TAP ?!?!?

What do you mean it blips it twice? like if your going from 4-2 it blips like the rpms a little bit and blips them the rest of the way a second time? or it just does the same blip twice?
Hmm I've never looked at the tach to watch the rpms, I just hear the blip blip. I'll have to check out the tach next time

Is it the exhaust blip you hear twice?

What I also noticed is that RevMatch gains RPM *much* faster than if you use the actual accelerator. That means the throttle-by-wire is not sending as much throttle to the engine as your foot is telling it to.

Does anyone know if the tuners can fix that ?

@WONT TAP ?!?!?
There is no way to tune pedal response parameters on any of the new Blackwings, since the E99 ECMs are completely locked down. You can read more on the FAQ page of our website if you're interested:

I drive with rev match on all the time. I've never noticed a double blip when dropping more than one gear. I downshift from 6th to 4th and 4th to 2nd at least once a day on my commute and have never heard it. What does happen, however, is if I am pulling up to a stop and put the clutch in, take the car out of gear, and move the shifter side to side to confirm I am in neutral, the throttle will blip as I move the shifter all the way left, as if it is trying to rev match a downshift into first that I am not trying to do. Doesn't bother me at all.

Edit: I should note this is on a 4, not a 5 so it may not apply to the OP's situation.

Only time I hear the multi blips is when I move the shift lever to the gears. I get a blip each time.
Example- In 5th slowing down for a light. Clutch in shift to 4th, then 3rd, then second all the while holding the clutch in will give you multiple blips.

Well I'll be darned, this is true! It blips coming out of 5th thinking you're going for 4th, then blips again going into 3rd.
6th-4th does not double blip, nor does 4th to 2nd. Strange.
Right. 6 to 4 doesn't because once you go into the slot between 3 and 4, it's primed for 4th. 4 to 2 doesn't either because once you go out of 4th, there is no need for a blip, but once you go over to in between 1 and 2, it blips and is primed for 2nd- thus only one blip.

Wow. You guys surprise me.

I just push it into neutral and coast to the light. That's why i never use Rev Match.

@WONT TAP - thanks for the tip. I was afraid of that. :(

On my Harley, they openly allow tuners (even owners) access to the ECU. Just buy a $300 kit and knock yourself out. That's how I realized that at idle, WOT only allowed 12% actual throttle. It was so bad it was unusable. I couldn't even get enough response to ride it. Once I mapped 100% throttle-to-engine at all RPM, it behaved as you'd expect.

I just push it into neutral and coast to the light. That's why i never use Rev Match.
When I learned to drive manual, my dad taught me that you always decelerate in gear because you never know when you're going to need to get on the throttle to get out of an emergency.

I just push it into neutral and coast to the light.
When I learned to drive manual, my dad taught me that you always decelerate in gear because you never know when you're going to need to get on the throttle to get out of an emergency.
That's what I used to do at lights too...or for slow downs/rolling stops just have a feel of where to pop it based on speed/revs.

...My dad probably had me thinking 'clutches don't grow on trees' and wanted me to save the clutch...or just didn't love me😫

Well I'll be darned, this is true! It blips coming out of 5th thinking you're going for 4th, then blips again going into 3rd.
6th-4th does not double blip, nor does 4th to 2nd. Strange.
Hmm now I am going to have to investigate further on my side to see if its only 5-3

That's what I used to do at lights too...or for slow downs/rolling stops just have a feel of where to pop it based on speed/revs.

...My dad probably had me thinking 'clutches don't grow on trees' and wanted me to save the clutch...or just didn't love me😫
Doesn't matter if you followed in his footsteps for your career, if you ain't clutchin' right you're a disappointment. :(

The old dad-ism "brakes are cheaper than clutches" is true, except with rev match you are barely wearing your clutch on decel. Engine braking is also free and even comes with nearly-free burbles and pops. 👍

Engine braking is also free and even comes with nearly-free burbles and pops. 👍
I didn't get many miles in before winter arrived and I put my car away. I use the gears to decelerate at most stop lights whenever possible. Weather wasn't good when I picked up the car and the windows weren't down when I was driving. I can't wait to take it out with windows down this spring and listen to the purr of the LT4 as I pull up to a stop light.

Yea the double blip is pretty cool.
I'm jonesing to drive my girl, been at least 5 weeks, sucks ass, stupid weather.

I'm frugal and this is strictly from a maximize MPG when just cruising:

While going downhill or coasting to a stop, there will always be a gear that provides best fuel efficiency to coast to a stop in. This is only AMPLIFIED with a 1.7L supercharger mounted on top of a 6.2L V8.

The supercharger is driven by the engine. The engine needs to be in motion to keep the car from stalling. this happens 1 of 3 ways: 1. while in neutral engine injects fuel to keep it moving (consumes fuel) or 2. while in gear and under throttle (pours in fuel to create combustion) 3. while in gear not under throttle allowing the wheels and transmission to spin the engine (letting Newton's First Law work its magic).

Method 3. above allows for the engine to cut almost all fuel to the engine (note - not all, but far less than when at idle) relying on the transmission and vehicle's kinetic energy to keep the engine and massive supercharger in motion.

This is my long way of saying that coasting down a long hill in 6th gear and letting gravity do its thing will net you better MPG than putting it in neutral (forcing the ECU to demand fuel to keep the engine from stalling). It just so happens that the engineers sprinkled in some fuel on decel/no throttle so it sounds sweet too. If this was an LT2 out of the C8, the effects would not be as noticeable, as the lack of supercharger means the engine does not have an additional load being placed on it at idle.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back