Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing tires and wheels option for winter driving in New Jersey

Iwant911GT3

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Hi everyone, I was using two sets of wheels and tires in my Mustang (OEM wheels+ PS4S for summer and Boss 302 wheels+ Prelli Sottozero 2 winter tires) great experience all year round.
Now that I got this CT4-V Blackwing which comes with PS4S, I am wondering if anyone have a good suggestions for a set of winter tire+ wheel combo. I am looking for factory sized wheels (I believe its 18" 9J ET28 front and 18" 9.5J ET 48 rear, correct me if I am wrong) so that I don't need to worry about fitment putting spacers and alignment etc.

I am also considering PS 4 A/S for winter use in NJ as well. No experience with this tire yet, heard good and bad things about it in Mustang forum. NJ don't have too much of snow IMO, obviously not gonna drive the car in deep snow or unplowed roads, I can drive my wife's Explorer ST in that condition. Main concern will be if the PS 4 A/S can handle well in cold wet road surface.

The latest crop of "performance" all season tires will have no problems with cold damp roads around freezing temperatures. A few years ago, the Continental DWS line was one of the best all seasons that could still get you around in light fluffy snow if you're caught out in it. Their latest model, the DWS 06 Plus, still has those great winter time characteristics. That would be my vote for a tire given your stated usage.

Tire Rack has them in factory sizes: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...R8DWS06P&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

The latest crop of "performance" all season tires will have no problems with cold damp roads around freezing temperatures. A few years ago, the Continental DWS line was one of the best all seasons that could still get you around in light fluffy snow if you're caught out in it. Their latest model, the DWS 06 Plus, still has those great winter time characteristics. That would be my vote for a tire given your stated usage.

Tire Rack has them in factory sizes: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...R8DWS06P&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
Thank you for the information. I am also looking for a set of wheels for that purpose. Do you use Apex wheels for 4V Blackwing? It seems that even though Apex have the same factory size of wheels but the offset is different, any suggestions on fitment? Thanks again in advance.

Thank you for the information. I am also looking for a set of wheels for that purpose. Do you use Apex wheels for 4V Blackwing? It seems that even though Apex have the same factory size of wheels but the offset is different, any suggestions on fitment? Thanks again in advance.
We're not officially a supporting vendor yet (actively trying to sign up as we speak), so I will try to tread carefully here to not violate rules.

We have customers running 18x9" ET30/31 front and 18x9.5" ET35 rear with the stock sized tires and no issues. I haven't been able to get any photos of this setup yet from owners, that part has been a struggle. The rear is certainly more aggressive compared to stock, but its not an issue as there's plenty of space for it.

The EC-7 is available in 18x9.5" ET43 but its on backorder until December, which doesn't help for winter fitments.

We're not officially a supporting vendor yet (actively trying to sign up as we speak), so I will try to tread carefully here to not violate rules.

We have customers running 18x9" ET30/31 front and 18x9.5" ET35 rear with the stock sized tires and no issues. I haven't been able to get any photos of this setup yet from owners, that part has been a struggle. The rear is certainly more aggressive compared to stock, but its not an issue as there's plenty of space for it.

The EC-7 is available in 18x9.5" ET43 but its on backorder until December, which doesn't help for winter fitments.

Please help. I need some more Apex in my life. Options for this car seem so limited. Previously owned 718 Cayman S and E46 M3. Would love some Apex options for this thing as I'm not completely blown away by the EC-7 look.

1694052673419.png

1694052728963.png

Please help. I need some more Apex in my life. Options for this car seem so limited. Previously owned 718 Cayman S and E46 M3. Would love some Apex options for this thing as I'm not completely blown away by the EC-7 look.
Nice selection of cars! I saw your email come through this morning so I will respond there. For everyone else, we just had a CT4-V BW in the shop the past few days testing numerous combinations. Here's a behind the scenes cell phone shot of VS-5RS in Brushed Clear running 19x9.5" ET22 front with 265/30-19 // 19x10.5" ET45 rear with 295/30-19. All stock, no mods, no rubbing while driving.

IMG_4020.jpg

Nice selection of cars! I saw your email come through this morning so I will respond there. For everyone else, we just had a CT4-V BW in the shop the past few days testing numerous combinations. Here's a behind the scenes cell phone shot of VS-5RS in Brushed Clear running 19x9.5" ET22 front with 265/30-19 // 19x10.5" ET45 rear with 295/30-19. All stock, no mods, no rubbing while driving.

View attachment 21590
YASSSSSSSSS.

Just a few from the collection. I'm loyal to Apex Wheels. They've been good to me and what I put my cars through.

I am also considering PS 4 A/S for winter use in NJ as well. No experience with this tire yet, heard good and bad things about it in Mustang forum. NJ don't have too much of snow IMO, obviously not gonna drive the car in deep snow or unplowed roads, I can drive my wife's Explorer ST in that condition. Main concern will be if the PS 4 A/S can handle well in cold wet road surface.

I went with the PS A/S 4s on my winter set for my 4BW as well as my CTS coupe and I think that they are exactly what you are looking for. NJ roads around here (Monmouth cty) get severely chewed up from the constant salt brining, and I find the A/S compound to be a tad more forgiving over potholes (also less road noise at 35-80mph). I have about ~35k miles between my two sets of PS4 A/S in the cold and could not recommend them more. They obviously hold the road surface better overall in poor driving conditions, but what sets them apart to me is how they translate road feel up to your hands in the cold/wet, especially before randomly snapping loose like the OEM summer compound. Most noticeable improvement to me was in wet conditions (35F) after a heavy February sleet/rainfall on I87 north to Albany -- night and day difference in perceived confidence at 75-85 mph.

I have zero experience in deeper snow since NJ had the most embarrassing winter of all time last year. But I can confirm that the car is way harder to unsettle in the severe cold and wet conditions. Any performance that you give up is negligible-- my 0-60 times stayed exactly the same. Best of luck dude -- maybe I'll see you around the Tri-State

So just ran into this article. I have not followed up to find out who carries them or available sizes. My Blackwing will hibernate in my heated garage for the winter. But almost time for fresh set for my DD.

I went with the PS A/S 4s on my winter set for my 4BW as well as my CTS coupe and I think that they are exactly what you are looking for. NJ roads around here (Monmouth cty) get severely chewed up from the constant salt brining, and I find the A/S compound to be a tad more forgiving over potholes (also less road noise at 35-80mph). I have about ~35k miles between my two sets of PS4 A/S in the cold and could not recommend them more. They obviously hold the road surface better overall in poor driving conditions, but what sets them apart to me is how they translate road feel up to your hands in the cold/wet, especially before randomly snapping loose like the OEM summer compound. Most noticeable improvement to me was in wet conditions (35F) after a heavy February sleet/rainfall on I87 north to Albany -- night and day difference in perceived confidence at 75-85 mph.

I have zero experience in deeper snow since NJ had the most embarrassing winter of all time last year. But I can confirm that the car is way harder to unsettle in the severe cold and wet conditions. Any performance that you give up is negligible-- my 0-60 times stayed exactly the same. Best of luck dude -- maybe I'll see you around the Tri-State
Thank you for the info. I probably gonna go with PS A/S 4 on my stock wheels soon especially Costco have a deal,100off for one set and free installation right now. As for the take off PS4S, maybe I will wait for Apex wheel back in stock for next summer.

So it is Apex wheel that was replying to me. I thought you were some dude likes Apex wheel and named after, lol.
Maybe I will put all season tire on stock wheels and wait for the EC-7 back in stock to put PS4S on them for next summer.

View attachment 21590
No spacers either???

View attachment 21590
I fell on some used Apex wheels for STUPID money. I liked the idea of a square setup for winter. Only looks a teense off in the rear due to having less sidewall than stock.

18 x 9.5 FL-5 ET28s 255/35/18 Blizzak WS90s.
PXL_20230411_150226620.jpg

View attachment 21590

Do 18's in these sizes fit as well? Or any other of your 18s with the same offsets and widths? Was thinking about getting Apex wheels but everything seems very unclear at the moment.

A lot of us are having trouble getting the facts on affordable wheels for winter driving. Any help with where to look would be helpful.

On my 22 I ran stock wheels on snows and it was fine (NH winters). Ran 2 different brand of tires. Blizzaks on the front at stock size and Pirelli Sotto Zero winter in the rear going from 275/35 to 265/40. There was no peal/exposure of rim edge as the fatter side wall filled to the edge of rim well, no rubbing. The weak spot of this set up was the Pirelli's. If you can source a Blizzak or Michelin snows for the rear then that would be ideal.

Hi everyone, I was using two sets of wheels and tires in my Mustang (OEM wheels+ PS4S for summer and Boss 302 wheels+ Prelli Sottozero 2 winter tires) great experience all year round.
Now that I got this CT4-V Blackwing which comes with PS4S, I am wondering if anyone have a good suggestions for a set of winter tire+ wheel combo. I am looking for factory sized wheels (I believe its 18" 9J ET28 front and 18" 9.5J ET 48 rear, correct me if I am wrong) so that I don't need to worry about fitment putting spacers and alignment etc.
Good luck finding some wheels. If you do please let us know what works.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back