Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Apex Wheels for CT4-V Blackwing

Did you go with the 9.5" or 10" rears? They look great. I'm torn between the Anthracite and Bronze Wheels for my black CT4BW.

I'm curious if the 10" wheels are more "concave" than the 9.5 or if it's just the same concavity, just a tad wider.
I went with OEM spec 9.5” in the rear. I’m not sure if there is a difference in concave between the two. I’m not sure if this is verifiable from their website or not but if not someone at Apex I’m sure could answer.

Wondering the same thing^

The gentleman you are looking for is Cory Smetzler @ Apex Support -- email is support@apexwheels.com

Extremely knowledgeable and very quick to respond -- here is the setup I went with

1712668269618.png

The gentleman you are looking for is Cory Smetzler @ Apex Support -- email is support@apexwheels.com

Extremely knowledgeable and very quick to respond -- here is the setup I went with

View attachment 25228
Can you post photos of your car with those weeks?. I found a post you placed on the "What did you do to your BW" thread but the pictures are very low res.

I did not need spacers but Discount Tire told me the stock lug nuts would damage the paint on the wheel. I know prior posts said you can use the stock lugs but I didn’t want to risk it so bought some they had on hand.
Your car looks amazing! Thanks for sharing photos.

They only know how to use an impact gun with an impact socket, which is where the issue can lie. If they used a chrome/thin-walled socket, it would work fine.
Did you go with the 9.5" or 10" rears? They look great. I'm torn between the Anthracite and Bronze Wheels for my black CT4BW.

I'm curious if the 10" wheels are more "concave" than the 9.5 or if it's just the same concavity, just a tad wider.
Wondering the same thing^
For forged wheels where each one is machined from block of aluminum and designed around a particular application, the visual depth or concavity will vary. We have some wide, low offset wheels that typically would point to a really concave offering, but that spec of wheel has to clear motorsport level brake calipers, so the face is fairly flat to get around those brakes. Another example is we have a Mustang rear wheel and a Corvette rear wheel that are the same diameter, width, and offset, but the brake clearance is vastly different so each wheel has a different spoke profile.

I just looked at the drawings for 18x9.5" ET35 and 18x10" ET42. The 9.5" is listed as profile 3 and has a more gradual spoke curve, while the 10" wheel is listed as profile 2 and has a more angular spoke curve. Some people may find the 9.5" more concave, while others may think the 10" is, depending on how you view concavity. I don't really like to get too deep into that subject (pun intended) because it's personal preference, and not something you can choose.

Any company offering multiple concavity levels is just offering you something less concave than it could be, because you cannot make something more concave than it can be, without compromising the fitment/design. We build all of our wheels to the max concavity for the application.

I went with Anthracite in OEM spec and mounted the stock tires. I will say the pictures don’t do these wheels justice in my opinion (not that they look bad in photos, just better in person). I initially ordered these in Satin Black then changed my mind to Anthracite and I’m glad I did. I think these show the depth/detail a bit better and some of that can be lost in the satin black. The wheels have some concave which I like. This is stock size but the rear looks like it pokes out just a bit more which I think was confirmed in prior posts due to offset. I did not need spacers but Discount Tire told me the stock lug nuts would damage the paint on the wheel. I know prior posts said you can use the stock lugs but I didn’t want to risk it so bought some they had on hand. I believe Apex marketed on the box these were shipped in “built to win races not shows” but these are the best looking wheels I have ever had on a vehicle. Very satisfied with these.
I'm happy with the satin black. I also considered the anthracite but thought it might be too close to the Shadow Metallic color and wanted some contrast, plus it matched the black trim. And we have bl4ck_wng with Shadow Metallic with silver for the trifecta.

Attachments

• PXL_20240402_163843990.jpg
    PXL_20240402_163843990.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 47
I thought Apex were hub-centric and didn't require centering rings?
Some sizes are hub centric, some aren't. They're only there to help with initial installation though, once the lug nuts are torqued down the wheel becomes lug centric and the hub is not doing anything. Same way the factory wheels are setup.

Reactions: RKS
Can you post photos of your car with those weeks?. I found a post you placed on the "What did you do to your BW" thread but the pictures are very low res.
Yikes you are right— idk what happened there. See (hopefully better) pics below

Attachments

• IMG_4870.jpeg
    IMG_4870.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4869.jpeg
    IMG_4869.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4866.jpeg
    IMG_4866.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4868.jpeg
    IMG_4868.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4865.jpeg
    IMG_4865.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 68
I'm happy with the satin black. I also considered the anthracite but thought it might be too close to the Shadow Metallic color and wanted some contrast, plus it matched the black trim. And we have bl4ck_wng with Shadow Metallic with silver for the trifecta.

The OEM center caps fit without any modification?

I thought Apex were hub-centric and didn't require centering rings?
Nope, these are BMW setups, they fit our cars, but require adapter rings to retain the hub-centric fit.

Reactions: RKS
Some sizes are hub centric, some aren't. They're only there to help with initial installation though, once the lug nuts are torqued down the wheel becomes lug centric and the hub is not doing anything. Same way the factory wheels are setup.
Not true, the factory wheels are hub-centric

Not true, the factory wheels are hub-centric
Not exactly, the factory wheels use a tapered lug seat so when all 5 lug nuts are torqued down (ideally in a star/cross pattern), the hub is still floating in the bore.

That's why with the wheel pressed up against the rotor but without anything torqued, you can shift it up/down/left/right slightly. They're not an interference fit, there's still a gap.

The OEM center caps fit without any modification?
As some others have mentioned, no they do not fit the factory cap. Most of these fitments are BMW wheels with the right width/offset, which is going to be designed around the BMW cap. There are stickers on Etsy you can overlay if you don't like the Apex logo cap that comes with the wheel.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back