Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Apex Wheels for CT4-V Blackwing

Looks amazing! Is this 19x10" ET20 front and 19x11" ET44 rear with factory tires? Mind if I add them to the website?
Thanks! Correct, that spec with factory tires.

And don’t mind at all!

I ordered mine straight from Apex website on Black Friday sales so got pretty decent discount and free shipping. Shipping was fast, only 2-3 days. Very happy with my purchase, wheels look very good in person fitment is much better compare to oem. I am glad Apex make quality and lightweight forged wheel that are affordable compare to most brands.
Looks good! Are those 18s? Do you happen to know the weight?

Looks good! Are those 18s? Do you happen to know the weight?
Yes sir
18x9.5 +22 front 18.2 lbs
18x10.5 +40 rear 18.6 lbs
This is apex advertised weight, I did weight them on my bathroom scale, not accurate but pretty close. Got 18.2 lbs front and 19 lbs rear on my scale.
Oem wheel is roughly 25.4 lbs front, and 24.4 lbs rear on my bathroom scale, don’t really know the exact weight tbh.

Yes sir
18x9.5 +22 front 18.2 lbs
18x10.5 +40 rear 18.6 lbs
This is apex advertised weight, I did weight them on my bathroom scale, not accurate but pretty close. Got 18.2 lbs front and 19 lbs rear on my scale.
Oem wheel is roughly 25.4 lbs front, and 24.4 lbs rear on my bathroom scale, don’t really know the exact weight tbh.
Hey Andy,

I saw that the recommended rear size was 10". Can you provide photos of your rear tire fitment? The 275 rear tire isn't too stretched to fit the extra 0.5" is it? Curious how th OEM tires fit or if I would need to upsize to a 285.

Curious because the motorsport gold color is only available in 10.5"

Hey Andy,

I saw that the recommended rear size was 10". Can you provide photos of your rear tire fitment? The 275 rear tire isn't too stretched to fit the extra 0.5" is it? Curious how th OEM tires fit or if I would need to upsize to a 285.

Curious because the motorsport gold color is only available in 10.5"
OEM rear tire 275/35 is still within range (9-11 inch wheel) according to Michelin. It does look a bit stretch but the tire is still covering the wheel lip. Don’t mind the dirt 😅 I haven’t have a chance to wash. 285/35 might look less stretch, but it doesn’t come with TPC spec so really not sure if I want to go with 285/35. I like this current OEM tire since its handling been great for me.
Also yes, it is 10.5 inches width. Apex probably sold out for this Brush Clear color for 10.5.

Attachments

• IMG_2699.jpeg
    IMG_2699.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2700.png
    IMG_2700.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 85
OEM rear tire 275/35 is still within range (9-11 inch wheel) according to Michelin. It does look a bit stretch but the tire is still covering the wheel lip. Don’t mind the dirt 😅 I haven’t have a chance to wash. 285/35 might look less stretch, but it doesn’t come with TPC spec so really not sure if I want to go with 285/35. I like this current OEM tire since its handling been great for me.
Also yes, it is 10.5 inches width. Apex probably sold out for this Brush Clear color for 10.5.
I agree with you there. The TPC tires have been great for me. They are an amazing dual purpose tire. They behave amazing on track and are comfortable on the road. I still have 6/32" tread after 2 track days (twelve 20m sessions) with 6000miles on the odometer.

I ask because the Motorsport Gold is only offered in that rear size. That color on my black car would be amazing.

Thanks for the response!

I agree with you there. The TPC tires have been great for me. They are an amazing dual purpose tire. They behave amazing on track and are comfortable on the road. I still have 6/32" tread after 2 track days (twelve 20m sessions) with 6000miles on the odometer.

I ask because the Motorsport Gold is only offered in that rear size. That color on my black car would be amazing.

Thanks for the response!
Its no problem, glad I could help.
For color, can’t go wrong with Motorsport Gold or Satin Bronze. At first I was going for Motorsport Gold but want to give Brushed Clear a shot, cause I really like how it look from Apex gallery for CT5 Blackwing. The wheel look very good by itself in person, and look even better after installed on the car. Never know how silver wheel can look so good and really pop.

UPS delivered my black friday wheels yesterday. EC-7 in silver. Haven't decided yet if these will be the summers or the cold -weathers. Thanks to Apex for a nice deal on some beautiful wheels

I would use the Apex wheels for summers as they are lighter and more conducive to spirited driving. Just my take (and my plan). Unfortunately, my Apex wheels are still backordered...

That's what I'm doing. Installed the all seasons on the OEM wheels, and moved the Michelins to the Apex. I'm modding an extra set of Cadillac center caps to fit the Apex for a more OEM look.

Stupid question…do the apex wheels use the oem lug nuts?

When I asked about the EC-7 and VS-5RS, they confirmed stock lugs will work. Two caveats; you can't use a spacer more than 3 mm and you'll need a thin walled socket.

When I asked about the EC-7 and VS-5RS, they confirmed stock lugs will work. Two caveats; you can't use a spacer more than 3 mm and you'll need a thin walled socket.

Solid information. Does anyone have a preferred set of aftermarket lug nuts they can recommend for use with Apex wheels?

This is correct. The factory lugs will work when used with a thin walled socket.

For people who desire to use an impact socket (Please don't impact your lug nuts on/off), anything with a 19mm hex will work. I believe both Gorilla and McGuard offer solutions in M14x1.5 thread pitch for that.

Posted elsewhere,...but seemed appropriate to post here as well...

Stock wheels with snows back on the car...but I'll be putting these back on in 2-3 weeks or so...

Attachments

• 20240322_132656.jpg
    20240322_132656.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 52
  • 20240324_172737.jpg
    20240324_172737.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 52
Posted elsewhere,...but seemed appropriate to post here as well...

Stock wheels with snows back on the car...but I'll be putting these back on in 2-3 weeks or so...
I saw your car in another thread, I have been eyeing the bronze wheels for my car. Mine is black and tried to do some Photoshop magic to get an idea. This is the best I could do. Deciding between the bronze or silver.

Attachments

• blackwing.jpg
    blackwing.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 49
Cool. I'm a big fan of the bronze. Everyone has been complimenting them. They really pop. I'd go for the bronze over the silver for your car IMO...

I went with Anthracite in OEM spec and mounted the stock tires. I will say the pictures don’t do these wheels justice in my opinion (not that they look bad in photos, just better in person). I initially ordered these in Satin Black then changed my mind to Anthracite and I’m glad I did. I think these show the depth/detail a bit better and some of that can be lost in the satin black. The wheels have some concave which I like. This is stock size but the rear looks like it pokes out just a bit more which I think was confirmed in prior posts due to offset. I did not need spacers but Discount Tire told me the stock lug nuts would damage the paint on the wheel. I know prior posts said you can use the stock lugs but I didn’t want to risk it so bought some they had on hand. I believe Apex marketed on the box these were shipped in “built to win races not shows” but these are the best looking wheels I have ever had on a vehicle. Very satisfied with these.

Attachments

• BACA20A5-93CE-4B83-A49C-45D09B648764.jpeg
    BACA20A5-93CE-4B83-A49C-45D09B648764.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 53
  • D3A396CE-0602-436A-90A5-8237B8EBD319.jpeg
    D3A396CE-0602-436A-90A5-8237B8EBD319.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
  • E40395CE-E26A-433C-A60D-CAA6CE1FDB08.jpeg
    E40395CE-E26A-433C-A60D-CAA6CE1FDB08.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 51
I went with Anthracite in OEM spec and mounted the stock tires. I will say the pictures don’t do these wheels justice in my opinion (not that they look bad in photos, just better in person). I initially ordered these in Satin Black then changed my mind to Anthracite and I’m glad I did. I think these show the depth/detail a bit better and some of that can be lost in the satin black. The wheels have some concave which I like. This is stock size but the rear looks like it pokes out just a bit more which I think was confirmed in prior posts due to offset. I did not need spacers but Discount Tire told me the stock lug nuts would damage the paint on the wheel. I know prior posts said you can use the stock lugs but I didn’t want to risk it so bought some they had on hand. I believe Apex marketed on the box these were shipped in “built to win races not shows” but these are the best looking wheels I have ever had on a vehicle. Very satisfied with these.

Did you go with the 9.5" or 10" rears? They look great. I'm torn between the Anthracite and Bronze Wheels for my black CT4BW.

I'm curious if the 10" wheels are more "concave" than the 9.5 or if it's just the same concavity, just a tad wider.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back