Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing tires and wheels option for winter driving in New Jersey

Apex wheels plus Blizzak for me and works great in Michigan! No spacers just need hub bore rings as they are BMW hub bore.

225 up front and 245 out back which is very close to factory height. I think 8 wide front and 8.5 rear.

Attachments

• IMG_0935.jpeg
    IMG_0935.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0934.jpeg
    IMG_0934.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
Apex wheels plus Blizzak for me and works great in Michigan! No spacers just need hub bore rings as they are BMW hub bore.

225 up front and 245 out back which is very close to factory height. I think 8 wide front and 8.5 rear.
When you say I think 8 wide, is it? What size and model APEX wheel? I was thinking of a tire size 255/35/18, wheel 18x9.5 35, or an 18x9 35 offset. Wouldn't the 40s be too tall?

I went with the PS A/S 4s on my winter set for my 4BW as well as my CTS coupe and I think that they are exactly what you are looking for. NJ roads around here (Monmouth cty) get severely chewed up from the constant salt brining, and I find the A/S compound to be a tad more forgiving over potholes (also less road noise at 35-80mph). I have about ~35k miles between my two sets of PS4 A/S in the cold and could not recommend them more. They obviously hold the road surface better overall in poor driving conditions, but what sets them apart to me is how they translate road feel up to your hands in the cold/wet, especially before randomly snapping loose like the OEM summer compound. Most noticeable improvement to me was in wet conditions (35F) after a heavy February sleet/rainfall on I87 north to Albany -- night and day difference in perceived confidence at 75-85 mph.

I have zero experience in deeper snow since NJ had the most embarrassing winter of all time last year. But I can confirm that the car is way harder to unsettle in the severe cold and wet conditions. Any performance that you give up is negligible-- my 0-60 times stayed exactly the same. Best of luck dude -- maybe I'll see you around the Tri-State
What kind of wheels for the BW?

Do 18's in these sizes fit as well? Or any other of your 18s with the same offsets and widths? Was thinking about getting Apex wheels but everything seems very unclear at the moment.
So what did you do?

When you say I think 8 wide, is it? What size and model APEX wheel? I was thinking of a tire size 255/35/18, wheel 18x9.5 35, or an 18x9 35 offset. Wouldn't the 40s be too tall?
Sorry looked and it’s 18x9 in front and 9.5 out back.

Rears are 43 offset EC7.

30 offset in the front Arc 8

Get the EC7 for all 4. Don’t try to make arc 8 work on all 4…

What kind of wheels for the BW?

OEM for now- might explore Apex wheels in the future since they look so damn sexy on some of these posts

At the time, I was very hesitant to change anything to to aftermarket since I was monitoring a mechanical failure with my dealership, who made it very clear they only wanted factory equipment until fully resolved

Nice selection of cars! I saw your email come through this morning so I will respond there. For everyone else, we just had a CT4-V BW in the shop the past few days testing numerous combinations. Here's a behind the scenes cell phone shot of VS-5RS in Brushed Clear running 19x9.5" ET22 front with 265/30-19 // 19x10.5" ET45 rear with 295/30-19. All stock, no mods, no rubbing while driving.

View attachment 21590

Quoting this because I want this. lol. Let's make it happen @Apex Wheels .

Just ordered a set of EC7s today for winter duty. Stock size with close enough to stock ET. Couple thin spacers for the front and hub rings all around. Thanks again for being helpful, Apex!

Just ordered a set of EC7s today for winter duty. Stock size with close enough to stock ET. Couple thin spacers for the front and hub rings all around. Thanks again for being helpful, Apex!
What width, et and model?

Exact specs that Apex stated in this thread. EC7 18x9 ET31 black, 18x9.5 ET35 black. Wanted anthracite but couldn't exercise patience with the backorder status.

Exact specs that Apex stated in this thread. EC7 18x9 ET31 black, 18x9.5 ET35 black. Wanted anthracite but couldn't exercise patience with the backorder status.
Thanks.
I think the back look great as it will make it a bit more flush. The front without a spacer will be in 3 mm. I feel like that would be a bit of an imbalance in the look of the car with flush wheels in the back and not in the front.

I am considering these wheels. I would run them in summer and use my stocks for the winter maybe use a 3 mm spacer in the front as well.
18x9 ET25 VS-5RS front
18x9.5 ET35 VS-5RS rear.
I emailed APEX to see if they will confirm this will fit. They are back ordered as well, but won’t need them till next spring.

Likewise here too
No spacers either???
Correct, no spacers with that setup posted earlier.
I fell on some used Apex wheels for STUPID money. I liked the idea of a square setup for winter. Only looks a teense off in the rear due to having less sidewall than stock.

18 x 9.5 FL-5 ET28s 255/35/18 Blizzak WS90s. View attachment 21615
This looks amazing, mind if I toss that photo on our website gallery?
Do 18's in these sizes fit as well? Or any other of your 18s with the same offsets and widths? Was thinking about getting Apex wheels but everything seems very unclear at the moment.
Yep plenty of 18" fitments work well on the CT4-V BW and clear the brakes without issue. Here's a link to everything we currently offer: https://apexwheels.com/vehicles/cad...ish=anthracite&rearQty=2&rearSize=18x105-et40

- Cory

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners