Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing Launch Control

I was wondering what Slip Target controls.
I believe DCT cars can control Clutch Slippage.
Not sure about the A10 or 6MT?
The Slip Target is a setting that controls desired tire spin. The ECM modulates electronic throttle position, ignition timing, etc. in order to achieve the target. The clutch and torque converter are not effected.

^ I wasn't sure if Slip Target had any purpose on a 6MT, where the driver has to control Clutch Engagement.

This ZL1 thread shows more tech details (from a designer).
[ANSWERED] Explanation of Launch Control - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apparently the Slip Target % isn't literal (it's just a scale).
I'm curious about how the C8 System works, as it's should be more advanced.

We eagerly await your Tune...

attachment.php

attachment.php

3.9 with an A10, Sport Mode w/ Competitive Driving enabled to enable Launch Control...

Pardon the muffled sound, I forgot to roll up the window.

Attachments

• PXL_20221022_200740075.jpg
    PXL_20221022_200740075.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Just tweaking the JB4 and a few other things after installing @Tapout Tuning #WhiteBeltPackage. Not perfect but already down to 3.6 with a few changes. Launch control timing not perfect yet either. Target 3.0...

Attachments

• 20240106_181150.jpg
    20240106_181150.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 74
Reviving this thread - I see people mentioning a 1300rpm launch setting, does only the A10 go this low? On the M6 the lowest launch setting appears to be 2400

Reviving this thread - I see people mentioning a 1300rpm launch setting, does only the A10 go this low? On the M6 the lowest launch setting appears to be 2400
I'll second that...lowest available option is 2400 rpm on the manual. What's up with that?

I'll second that...lowest available option is 2400 rpm on the manual. What's up with that?
I can't speak to the LF4, but the LT1/4 have always had a HUGE problem with low RPM launch bog. C7/6th Gen folks went nuts trying to fix the bog (cams, tunes, etc), but the best (cheap) solution was to launch at a higher RPM.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back