Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing Recipe for better times

Rob CT4-V

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
So I've had my car for a few months and have been trying to get some decent launches in the car. So far the best I've done is 4.2 seconds 0-60 a few times. That is manually shifting the A10. If left in drive, 4.4 seems to be the best I can do with it as 1st seems to short shift. My car is still completely bone stock.

What is everyone using as far as settings to help get this thing out of the hole? Launch rpm, mode, shift rpm, etc. Just seeing what has worked in the past for y'all.

Thanks,
Rob

1702923597638.png

^^this is my overall best 0-60 time so far -- this one was on all season tires, @ 70*F, using custom settings with RPMs set higher than auto had them at launch.

My best times on the OEM summer tire are a back to back 3.8 & 3.9sec 0-60 on a newly paved road. The first few were trash, so I played around with the custom settings until the times started dropping significantly. I will disclose that most of my other 0-60 times are nowhere close to these. These tires are more finnicky in my personal experience, but they do hook significantly better from a dig when slightly deflated (I use ~30psi for 0-60 runs in just the rear tires).

let the car shift for you -- yes the LF4 can rev out higher, but the A10 keeps it in the meatiest part of the torque curve. you will need that to extract times

Also, I have no mods installed, the car is 100% bone stock. I still think the car has more traction in it. I am looking to put 265/285 width tires on my apex wheels and try again after I roast my current set of PS4S.

View attachment 23211
^^this is my overall best 0-60 time so far -- this one was on all season tires, @ 70*F, using custom settings with RPMs set higher than auto had them at launch.

My best times on the OEM summer tire are a back to back 3.8 & 3.9sec 0-60 on a newly paved road. The first few were trash, so I played around with the custom settings until the times started dropping significantly. I will disclose that most of my other 0-60 times are nowhere close to these. These tires are more finnicky in my personal experience, but they do hook significantly better from a dig when slightly deflated (I use ~30psi for 0-60 runs in just the rear tires).

let the car shift for you -- yes the LF4 can rev out higher, but the A10 keeps it in the meatiest part of the torque curve. you will need that to extract times

Also, I have no mods installed, the car is 100% bone stock. I still think the car has more traction in it. I am looking to put 265/285 width tires on my apex wheels and try again after I roast my current set of PS4S.
What were your rpm and % slip settings?

What were your rpm and % slip settings?

track mode with PTM on race 2 - no manual shifting with paddles
---------------------------------------------------------
IIRC
slip target 12%
1600RPM - reduce if you are losing traction from a dig

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac