Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Blackwing Launch Control

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
I'm pretty impressed with the Launch Control function in the CT4-V Blackwing. Best 0 to 60 mph time to date is 3.9 seconds, using 1,300 rpm and 12.5% slip target. I think there's a little more there if I can figure out the best Launch Control settings, since traction is clearly the limiting factor on stock tires. How are you guys doing with yours?

3.9 second 0 to 60.jpg

I have ZERO experience with the TT motor in the -4BW, but that RPM target seems really low.

Is that the default setting?

The default setting is very low, because there is too much tire spin at higher launch speeds on stock tires.

Has anyone figured out the most efficient button press sequence to get the car from "My Mode" or "V Mode" into launch control?

Has anyone figured out the most efficient button press sequence to get the car from "My Mode" or "V Mode" into launch control?
Just use the little PTM switch on the steering wheel and you'll have Launch Control instantly.

I'm pretty impressed with the Launch Control function in the CT4-V Blackwing. Best 0 to 60 mph time to date is 3.9 seconds, using 1,300 rpm and 12.5% slip target. I think there's a little more there if I can figure out the best Launch Control settings, since traction is clearly the limiting factor on stock tires. How are you guys doing with yours?

View attachment 5218
Have you found a better setting, since?
Smart that you dropped the RPM so low.
You're right the "Default" setting just spins (& then bogs).

Have you found a better setting, since?
We've matched the 3.9 second launch a few more times, but have never been able to beat it.

With tuning and stickier tires, we should be able to do much better next year.

We've matched the 3.9 second launch a few more times, but have never been able to beat it.

Just noticed you have the A10.
I wonder if "Slip Target" is functional on 6MT?

Just noticed you have the A10.
I wonder if "Slip Target" is functional on 6MT?
I believe you can select anywhere from 5 to 15% slip target.

Right, but wondering what it controls (on a 6MT)?
Figuring on the A10, it controls the Torque Converter.

Right, but wondering what it controls (on a 6MT)?
It controls the engine rpm as you're getting ready to launch, and the electronic throttle as you launch. The torque converter is not affected.

Tuning? Neither the ECU or A10 are tunable. Have you gotten your hands on a work around?

On Cadillacs website they state a function where the front brakes lock independent of the rear and you can spin the rear tires while stationary to increase tire temp. How does this work in a manual? The website states the brake pedal has to be fully compressed. Obviously in neutral the wheels won’t spin. But having to fully compress the brake in order to work it would be awfully hard to get the car in gear, fully press the break and then floor it to get the wheels spinning? Sorry, I’m a novice here

You are referring to ‘Line Lock’.

It’s easier to engage than you think. Steering wheel straight, car at rest in neutral. You engage line lock with the steering wheel button. The front wheels are locked, rear are free to spin.

Tuning? Neither the ECU or A10 are tunable. Have you gotten your hands on a work around?
Ours has been on the dyno 15 or 16 times already. We will engineer a method to tune these cars, no matter how long it takes.

Ours has been on the dyno 15 or 16 times already. We will engineer a method to tune these cars, no matter how long it takes.

If you do, you'll rule the world. The C8 guys have been trying for years with no luck.

View attachment 5218
Could you go through the step by step process of getting into the launch control and timing screen.........thanks in advance!!!

Right, but wondering what it [Slip Target] controls (on a 6MT)?

It controls the engine rpm as you're getting ready to launch, and the electronic throttle as you launch. The torque converter is not affected.
I was wondering what Slip Target controls.
I believe DCT cars can control Clutch Slippage.
Not sure about the A10 or 6MT?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners