Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Conflicting messages from dealership regarding Blackwing orders for MSRP

mikejr007

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4-V Blackwing hopefully
Hey guys, just popping in to ask a question about this. I happened to stop by a NJ dealership up north and saw a CT4V Blackwing. I've been in the market for a while and been trying everything with a stick under 60k out and haven't fallen in love with anything tbh. Coming from a Focus ST.

I immediately really liked it and talked with one of the senior guys there. I told him I wasn't interested in being forced into a fully loaded one or paying over MSRP. He assured me they would be able to put an order in for me with no markup. I made sure to have him confirm it about 3 times lol. Basically anything on the lot or in transit was fair game, but an ordered car would be MSRP. He told me any salesmen that told you they had to mark up an ordered car was lying.

Anyway, we chatted about the car, the car market, the economy, etc. and he gave me his card. I said by the way, my brother in law is very interested in a 5V BW. So he gave me two cards.

Well I relayed the info to my brother in law and since he works some crazy hours he decided to just pop in on a Saturday. To my dismay my guy wasn't there and he spoke with a few others who basically laughed at him and said its gonna be $15-20k over no matter what. Said they "had to support their families." I felt like a moron.

Do I contact my guy and start the process and hope and pray he stays true to his word when others there clearly aren't on the same page? Do I bring up what happened or pretend it didn't?

Or do I find a dealership that doesn't do over MSRP on orders? Its relatively close to me so I would prefer to go with them but the delivery day "you owe us $10k extra" horror stories have me terrified of picking the wrong dealer.

Thanks!

Hey guys, just popping in to ask a question about this. I happened to stop by a NJ dealership up north and saw a CT4V Blackwing. I've been in the market for a while and been trying everything with a stick under 60k out and haven't fallen in love with anything tbh. Coming from a Focus ST.

I immediately really liked it and talked with one of the senior guys there. I told him I wasn't interested in being forced into a fully loaded one or paying over MSRP. He assured me they would be able to put an order in for me with no markup. I made sure to have him confirm it about 3 times lol. Basically anything on the lot or in transit was fair game, but an ordered car would be MSRP. He told me any salesmen that told you they had to mark up an ordered car was lying.

Anyway, we chatted about the car, the car market, the economy, etc. and he gave me his card. I said by the way, my brother in law is very interested in a 5V BW. So he gave me two cards.

Well I relayed the info to my brother in law and since he works some crazy hours he decided to just pop in on a Saturday. To my dismay my guy wasn't there and he spoke with a few others who basically laughed at him and said its gonna be $15-20k over no matter what. Said they "had to support their families." I felt like a moron.

Do I contact my guy and start the process and hope and pray he stays true to his word when others there clearly aren't on the same page? Do I bring up what happened or pretend it didn't?

Or do I find a dealership that doesn't do over MSRP on orders? Its relatively close to me so I would prefer to go with them but the delivery day "you owe us $10k extra" horror stories have me terrified of picking the wrong dealer.

Thanks!
I was on a budget too. My build was $62k for my 6mt at MSRP

MSRP can easily be had on new orders. Whether the dealership gets an allocation or not is the question of most concern.

I would ring the sales guy who verbally quoted MSRP and if you are both serious, place an order with him. Or call a few dealerships and check the waitlist, allocation expectations, and price.

The MOST important thing is......get it in writing with a manager signing off too. Maybe even a text or email. Like real estate, verbal doesn't mean anything. How many times have we heard "oh, you misunderstood" on all kinds of stuff?

The MOST important thing is......get it in writing with a manager signing off too. Maybe even a text or email. Like real estate, verbal doesn't mean anything. How many times have we heard "oh, you misunderstood" on all kinds of stuff?
Get a signed purchase order where the price is simply filled in as "MSRP with no additional dealer add-ons". That's what I did after my first dealer of choice gave me a song and dance about locking in MSRP. And my order was one of the original 250 reservations. So I went to another dealer who had no prob with MSRP and giving me a signed PO for it. They even handled the transfer of my reservation from the original dealer to their dealership.

Get a signed purchase order where the price is simply filled in as "MSRP with no additional dealer add-ons". That's what I did after my first dealer of choice gave me a song and dance about locking in MSRP. And my order was one of the original 250 reservations. So I went to another dealer who had no prob with MSRP and giving me a signed PO for it. They even handled the transfer of my reservation from the original dealer to their dealership.
Not so fond memories of having to do this myself.

MSRP can easily be had on new orders. Whether the dealership gets an allocation or not is the question of most concern.

I would ring the sales guy who verbally quoted MSRP and if you are both serious, place an order with him. Or call a few dealerships and check the waitlist, allocation expectations, and price.
Thanks, I made a list of dealers from the MSRP dealer thread. I think I'll call around and see who can do the best. I don't want to be a nuisance but this can't hurt.

Something like that would certainly make me feel better. I do not like surprises at all. I've had so many poor dealership experiences over the past month I'm super suspicious haha

I see you are in NJ, my 5-BW came from Coleman just outside of Trenton, and I paid MSRP. As to the current state of their allocations, I can't say. Couldn't hurt to add it to your list though. Dominic Esposito was the salesman I dealt with if it helps any.

Is it a good idea to create orders at maybe a couple of dealerships, to maximize the chance of getting an allocation sooner instead of later? Or will the pre-ordering system (the one that assigns the initial order no. and the '1100' code) cancel out both orders because they're for the same person? In other words, is there a downside to doing this? Sorry I have never 'ordered' a car so am new to all of this...

Wow, good for you..so I assume you have received your car?

What dealer was it? I'm in north jersey and the few I contacted a while back all had 5-10k over.

Is it a good idea to create orders at maybe a couple of dealerships, to maximize the chance of getting an allocation sooner instead of later? Or will the pre-ordering system (the one that assigns the initial order no. and the '1100' code) cancel out both orders because they're for the same person? In other words, is there a downside to doing this? Sorry I have never 'ordered' a car so am new to all of this...
I would love to do this but I can't help but feel like an ass unless its pretty common (not throwing stones at anyone who has)

I see you are in NJ, my 5-BW came from Coleman just outside of Trenton, and I paid MSRP. As to the current state of their allocations, I can't say. Couldn't hurt to add it to your list though. Dominic Esposito was the salesman I dealt with if it helps any.
Thanks a ton for the recommendation, closer the better so I won't need to ship it and can have it ppf with ultra low mileage

Wow, good for you..so I assume you have received your car?
@Powerhungry Yes. Order was transferred to new dealership on March 12, which was the last day that the original 250 reservation orders had to be locked down by the dealer. Car was built the week of July 12 and delivered Sept 1.

BW5.jpg

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners