Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

The Spring Mountain chief instructor told me that as well ...you need to have front splitter and rear wing to have the aero and down force work for you on the track. Not sure how much you will notice on the street unless you are doing high speed runs in "Mexico"😁
In Mexico that carbon would actually cause the car to go slower. Just like the CT5-BW with the CF1 and CF2 struggles to get over 193, the non-carbon would soar to 200 because there's less wind resistance.

I sill say that at 185+ the carbon makes your car stick to the road like glue, or at least it feels that way.

Ouch, that order hurt. I'm watching my GM card self-immolate in my hand.

In Mexico that carbon would actually cause the car to go slower. Just like the CT5-BW with the CF1 and CF2 struggles to get over 193, the non-carbon would soar to 200 because there's less wind resistance.
I meant car would feel more glued to the ground with CF aero at go to jail speeds vs non CF since these are functional pieces...and that's where you would feel the difference "in Mexico". Yeah I know there will be more drag with aero for top speed runs 😁...kind of obvious

Ouch, that order hurt. I'm watching my GM card self-immolate in my hand.

Wow. I had to order the 5BW fender flares from GMPartsGiant because partsdirect had them as "back ordered" and wouldn't even let me put them on a list. Day later, the former canceled my order because they had no idea when they'd get the parts in.

This is fun...

To follow on with my previous post, does anyone have a suggestion re:

front side wheel deflector right PN 84490400
front side wheel deflector left PN 84490401

for the 5BW? GMPartsDirect won't let me order them because they're on backorder. GMPartsGiant accepted my order and then canceled it because of aforementioned backorder. Are there other retailers that will let you order and just sit and wait for the backorder to be filled? Any ideas?

I've decided to go with Terrance's aftermarket spoiler, and his front splitter when he eventually gets it spun up. So I'm not concerned with the two big-ticket items from GM at the moment.

Thanks.

To follow on with my previous post, does anyone have a suggestion re:

for the 5BW? GMPartsDirect won't let me order them because they're on backorder. GMPartsGiant accepted my order and then canceled it because of aforementioned backorder. Are there other retailers that will let you order and just sit and wait for the backorder to be filled? Any ideas?

I've decided to go with Terrance's aftermarket spoiler, and his front splitter when he eventually gets it spun up. So I'm not concerned with the two big-ticket items from GM at the moment.

Thanks.
Welcome to the post delivery rodeo. There are two options here; 1) the local dealer can place an order for backordered status. At least mine did with the front splitter where GMPartsGiant would not. It will cost a lot more than online, but maybe your time is worth more than the second option. 2) Call GMPartsGiant once every week or two until you are able to order. They answer the phone without much hold time.

Welcome to the post delivery rodeo. There are two options here;

Thanks. That's an unfortunate waste of time and/or money. But it looks like I haven't much choice if I want those deflectors.

I guess everything is backordered. I can't even get a windshield for my BW4. I can get a non oem windshield but for the oem, I can't get it yet so, I'll wait with a cracked windshield until I can get the oem windshield.

my ct4 carbon splitter is showing ready to ship, the gm site was waiting on a random $5 trim piece. I ordered at the same time. I'm hoping it ships next week. I'll let everyone know if it arrives, site used and cost for future ref

Well hello beautiful. Some notes, this splitter is hella light. Like less than a pound. Truly was done as a race car part where weight and structure was key. It's only a few layers thick of carbon and super flimsy. The vacuum bag is also hilariously still stuck inside the cavity. Mounting was pretty straightforward with a decent amount of bolts and 3 annoying white clips on each end (factory mounted to the black corner pieces). 95% of removal and installation time pertained to getting the clips out and back in. I didn't bother lifting the car up so I also quickly admitted defeat and didn't install the center 2 clips as I couldn't easily reach them.

Got this from gmpartswarehouse. Total came out to $742 including $12 to ship in case anyone was curious. Took about 2.5 weeks from when I ordered it.
IMG20230221183830.jpg
IMG20230221174504.jpg
IMG20230221174534.jpg

i dont understand how we can order pieces but i couldnt order the damn car w the packages or the seats... love the car, disappointed in the Cadillac experience

i dont understand how we can order pieces but i couldnt order the damn car w the packages or the seats... love the car, disappointed in the Cadillac experience
If you look at the date code on most CF pieces they’re dated 2021. All my pieces I ordered online were dated late 2021. There mostly old stock

Switching gears. Any of you Ct5 guys out there thinking about having the blower ported?! It’s suppose to add 60 rear hp. And air/fuel is still spot on.

so what youre getting at is that they wouldnt put old parts, albeit unused, on later year cars? think that would piss me off even more if true, haha

Switching gears. Any of you Ct5 guys out there thinking about having the blower ported?! It’s suppose to add 60 rear hp. And air/fuel is still spot on.
why would we switch gears, this is the carbon fiber thread haha, but if youre going to switch, i saw it, i liked it, but not a fan of the voided warranty on a new car w all the bells and whistles... not yet anyway... but im not qtr miling the thing every other weekend, if you are it would make a lot more sense

what i was thinking of doing was the ported throttle body that the guys were doing on their Z06s...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back