Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Carbon fiber PN database.

Just curious, how come no one ordered it online? It’s almost $1000 cheaper?

Not really. The dealer had it for 1100 dollars. Online it was like 900 something but with a nearly 300 dollar oversized shipping fee. Some dealers quote you the 1500 dollar msrp but call around and many dealers will offer a significant discount.

Online you are just buying from a different dealer's website.

Not really. The dealer had it for 1100 dollars. Online it was like 900 something but with a nearly 300 dollar oversized shipping fee. Some dealers quote you the 1500 dollar msrp but call around and many dealers will offer a significant discount.

Online you are just buying from a different dealer's website.
yeah those online sites ship for $300 plus...

Though the deflectors I did get from online. Gm parts direct or something. 80 bucks cheaper than dealer each and no tax. Shipping was like 4 bucks on them.

Anyone install CF side skirts yet? I got the CF side skirts but they come with rocker boards that need to be painted.
Just as a follow-up what I said above does not apply to the BW. The CF side skirts attach directly to your existing rocker panels. The kit includes rocker panels (I am assuming here) to retrofit to the standard CT5-V. Just in case someone is ordering this kit you will be stuck with two extra unpainted rocker panels. Maybe can be sold but who knows?

GM Parts Warehouse | OEM GM Parts | GmPW has really good prices on Carbon Fiber Spoilers for the Blackwings. I purchased one for my 4 and saved $1000 plus no tax and shipping was not bad at all.
Oh man wish I had known about these guys before..they are right in my backyard but I would prob have to pay NYS tax anyway...EDIT...$245 shipping plus tax comes out to what I paid at the dealer anyway. Not sure if they will allow pick up

Last edited:
I know you guys don't care about my opinion on this but on another forum @Mirza Grebovic explained the pros/cons of mixing CF on the BW's so keep this in mind when spending $$$.....He also confirmed adding canards to the 4 would be very difficult because the front clip is different...... I believe someone from this forum ask the question that Mirza answered...

Edit: Mirza explained the canards and the adding of CF as an engineer and not just opinion..

I know you guys don't care about my opinion on this but on another forum @Mirza Grebovic explained the pros/cons of mixing CF on the BW's so keep this in mind when spending $$$.....He also confirmed adding canards to the 4 would be very difficult because the front clip is different...... I believe someone from this forum ask the question that Mirza answered...

Edit: Mirza explained the canards and the adding of CF as an engineer and not just opinion..
You have a link to the discussion by any chance?

You have a link to the discussion by any chance?
It's on V-Club you have to join to have access...I have copied and pasted Mirza's response....hope I am not breaking any rules here 😳

Mirza Grebovic
Sean,

you are correct on the dive planes. The non Carbon cars don't have the fascia holes to insert them and yes there is a plastic bracket in back for the dive planes to not flex the fascia, crack the paint etc. They see significant force and the car gets close to 200mph. There is no template to cut the holes but without the bracket no point, its sonic welded to fascia.

See attached for the aero on the CT4-V Blackwing.

One thing to keep in mind is, I am seeing a lot of non carbon CT4-V Blackwings being looked at as less superior due to the aero. The CF1 adds a lot more drag, so depending on the track the CF1 cars are not always the better tool. VIR Full has a lot of high speed and on that track I would pick the non CF1 probably, Nurburgring for example is another interesting one with that massive back straight and high speeds all around.

The CF1 makes it nibbler and on many shorter tracks or high speed sweepers can lead to better lap times, but we are not talking half a second or more here. However, every tenth counts and over 15-20 laps with the V6 not running out of gas it adds up to seconds overall and that counts!

For a track toy the non CF1 car is as capable, so I hope folks don't look away from them for that reason, it has its unique aero front and rear as well to make it a weapon on the track and for those off track excursions the costs of not having a full splitter and having way more clearance to ground become a positive in my opinion as well. For less experienced track customers I always recommend the non carbon cars due to that. I personally bought the full carbon on my CT4-V Blackwing because it means a lot to me, I love the look as well because I am a bit of a rebel with an attitude and my cars need to extend that for me, but I will not lie, I don't go all out on track with my 4 sometimes because the cost of the carbon is on my mind!

This brings me to the original question, Mike Franks is right, the CF1 is a kit, and the non CF1 car has unique front splitters and unique rear spoiler since they work together. If you absolutely want carbon on your non carbon car, adding the splitter and the rear spoiler is no big deal and they will work together, you will not have the benefit of the dive planes but at least you modified the front and the rear in the right direction.

Just don't be surprised if the non carbon cars are all over your rear view mirror asking for a point by!

In short if you have the CF1 (splitter and rear wing combo) you should be fine...can't have just the CF splitter or rear wing just by itself...they work together. The CT4 BW has the dive planes which you would need to have as well. The CT5 BW also has the wheel deflectors which you will need.

Common tall Steve….. I’m not really understanding why not to add carbon.
The Spring Mountain chief instructor told me that as well ...you need to have front splitter and rear wing to have the aero and down force work for you on the track. Not sure how much you will notice on the street unless you are doing high speed runs in "Mexico"😁

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back