Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

BRAKE PADS FOR TRACK DAY

Another vote for OEM pads & Castrol SRF fluid.

Not to hijack the thread but are you using the extra brake ducts provided and (most importantly) do you have to remove the disks to install them as indicated in the instructions? I ran in cool weather last year and brake cooling wasn't an issue. That may not be the case this summer and was just wondering how difficult it is to install and uninstall them.

Whether accurate or not, i was told the rear brake ducts were only needed on 100F+ days.

I've had no issues running HPDE days in the 90s without them

Whether accurate or not, i was told the rear brake ducts were only needed on 100F+ days.

I live in Vegas, I have the ducts on 100% of the time, lol. We have a lot of days where it's 100F though, and I do track at those temperatures.

No. By now I would think the aftermarket pad manufacturers have replacement pads with the brake sensor cutouts. I only have 12,000 miles on my 22 so won't need pads for a while but when I do I will get the Powerstops again but hopefully with the sensor cutout. Although I don't need the dash to tell me when I need new pads.
I have 8,000 and had to replace them 1 full track day and a bit of spirit back roads riding around a dozen times. Replace with eBay chieapies for now to not damage the rotors. Happy finally no dust!!❤️❤️❤️. Now looking for aggressive trackday pads. The OEMs were good just looking for something aftermarket just for track days . June 20th Daytona afternoon next!! Who is going ???

Last edited:

I live in Vegas, I have the ducts on 100% of the time, lol. We have a lot of days where it's 100F though, and I do track at those temperatures.
where can I see a video link of the brake dust installation? I want to get mine done before June for tack day

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back