Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Brake fluid exchange procedure

So does anyone know the cap needed for a Motiv bleeder? I have Motiv at home I usually use for brake bleeding.

1108 if you want plastic, 1118 if you want metal. It comes with 2 different sizes rubber seals for the cap and our cars use the smaller one

My dear mechanic and good friend just did a fluid bleed using a service tool / diagnostic mode. He did not go with disconnecting the battery and doing old fashioned 2 men job like last time.
My 4BW dash is a Xmas tree with all possible error codes and the car is on limp mode . I'm so screwed... 1 week to VIR and I have a feeling it's not happening :(

My dear mechanic and good friend just did a fluid bleed using a service tool / diagnostic mode. He did not go with disconnecting the battery and doing old fashioned 2 men job like last time.
My 4BW dash is a Xmas tree with all possible error codes and the car is on limp mode . I'm so screwed... 1 week to VIR and I have a feeling it's not happening :(
That's interesting, I recently had a similar experience. My 21' Suburban was squealing from the front left caliper when backing up. I decided to check out the rotor/pads which require compressing the pistons to release the pad to remove and inspect. I also didn't disconnect the battery. Long story short, I put everything back together, started truck up for a test drive and lots of errors to include Service Brake System, ESC, System Brake Failure and it limited my speed to I think 43mph..

Naturally, I thought I F'd up my system somehow though I changed hundreds of pads/rotors before without an issue. I ran my scan tool, confirmed the errors, checked sensors, and decided to clear them with the thought that perhaps the system sensed the changed in pressure on the line during the compression of the caliper piston and couldn't account for that change thus threw the errors. Additionally, if the system was really f'd it would throw the codes again.

Either way, cleared the codes, restarted, test drive and all has been fine since. I think the error I made was NOT disconnecting the battery before messing with the brake system.

....just may be similar to your situation.

The first time I tried to bleed mine, I didn’t disconnect the battery and ended up in your situation. @rdollie gave me this advice.
Start the car, hold the brake pedal all the way down for about 20-30 seconds and I suspect it will reset and work well - do a test drive (and the check engine icon will go away a few driving sessions later.
It worked for me.

Lights that are set as a result of a transient condition will reset after three on/off cycles. The code is still stored, but the light will go off.

Battery disconnect is a must since these cars 'pre-initalize' when the key fob is in close proximity.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back